Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
Jeff P.
Earning My Ears

Ticket Add On

We are headed to WDW this weekend! The main reason for our trip is that my son's high school orchestra is participating in Dinsey's Performaing Arts program.

As a part of his package, they receive a three day park hopper ticket. Since we will be staying a few extra days, I am wondering if it is possible to add a couple of days on to my son's ticket. I am hoping we can pay the difference between a three day hopper and five day hopper.

Does anyone know if this is possible? If so, should we do it before he uses the ticket or after? I read somewhere that add on days need to be done prior to the ticket being all used up.

Any input or experience with this is greatly appreciated.

Jeff
Jeff P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #2
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P. View Post
We are headed to WDW this weekend! The main reason for our trip is that my son's high school orchestra is participating in Dinsey's Performaing Arts program.

1. As a part of his package, they receive a three day park hopper ticket. Since we will be staying a few extra days, I am wondering if it is possible to add a couple of days on to my son's ticket. I am hoping we can pay the difference between a three day hopper and five day hopper. Does anyone know if this is possible?

2. If so, should we do it before he uses the ticket or after?

3. I read somewhere that add on days need to be done prior to the ticket being all used up.

Any input or experience with this is greatly appreciated.

Jeff
1. I have done two band trips with my sons and am 99.9999999999% sure he has a YES (Youth Education Series) ticket and they can not be upgraded in any way.

2. Just to add, its always better to use a normal MYW ticket before you upgrade to lock in the gate price.

3. Also yes if its not on a KTTW card, but it can be done on the last day its used.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #3
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

If the ticket has one of the following on it: YES, YOUTH, SPORT, CP, Comp, Complimentary, a "not valid before" date, or a "not valid after" date on it, it cannot be modified or upgraded in any way.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: