Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #16
MarineFam
Remember, It all Started with a Mouse...

That's not too bad. Really thinking about doing that then. Thanks

DVC Members AKV

August 1996 WDW Honeymoon (Shades of Green); November 2003 WDW; September 2005 WDW; May 2007 WDW; December 2007 DCL (Magic) Eastern; May 2009 WDW; April 2012 DCL (Magic) Eastern; April 2012 WDW; April 2013 WDW (Pop Century); April 2013 DCL (Fantasy)Western; April 2013 WDW (1st DVC trip! Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas); June 2013 WDW (AKL Kidani);April 2014 Pre-cruise (AKL Kidani) DCL (Magic) Bahamas; Post-cruise WDW Pop Century; June 2014 WDW wk-1(BWV) wk-2 (OKW); April 2015 DCL (Fantasy) Eastern
MarineFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #17
klepton
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineFam View Post
We are going on the Fantasy on April 13th and would love to go to Nachi-Cocom and were wondering how much the Taxi price was. We have 10 in our group. Thanks....
Somewhere, and I don't remember where, I recently saw someone posted a picture of the taxi stand sign that listed the prices to all the different locations. It may have been over on cruise critic. If I run into it again I'll post here.

If I remember correctly, cabs are a flat rate up to 4 people. More than 4 is an extra $2pp, but there are fewer cabs that can take more than 4 people. You'd probably be best served getting two cabs rather than trying to get one big enough for all 10 of you.
klepton is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #18
aymekae
Mouseketeer

Our day at Nachi Cocom was one of the best on our cruise. We added a couple's massage, which was cheaper than the one on board. DH rode a jet ski for 30 min. Food was excellent, and so were the drinks. There were 2 other cruise ships in port, but we didn't even have 100 people at the beach. In fact, the other two ships left earlier than us, so around 2 PM, there were maybe 10-15 people left. We enjoyed the pool/hot tub all to ourselves for awhile. I don't even recall going in the ocean, maybe my feet, but spent a lot of time laying around relaxing. It was a beautiful day and I would do that again in a heart beat.

That said, the taxi rides were truly frightening to me. I had no idea that functioning seat belts were optional until we got in the taxi. Apparently lanes and speed limits are more like suggestions than rules. I just held on to my DH's hand and tried to keep my head down. I don't know what I'd do in the future when we bring kids.

Ben (32) Ayme (28) Ian (10 mo)

DLR Trips - Last: Sep. 2013 Next: Jan. 2014
Honeymoon to WDW (Wilderness Lodge) Sep. 11, 2008
Western Caribbean Cruise (Magic) Dec. 10, 2011
Aulani Nov. 3-12, 2012
Eastern Caribbean Cruise (Fantasy) Dec. 14, 2013
Disneyland Jan. 16-18, 2014 (Neverland 5K)
aymekae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #19
jacobsmommy
DIS Veteran

At Nachi Cocum do you order your food off a menu? How was the food selection? My dd and I are both pickier eaters...

[/url]
Cast of our trip: Me DH our 10 year old boy our 6 year old girl
jacobsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #20
Jensyfert
Earning My Ears

We are on the Magic in April and going to Cozumel. I want to book the excursion at Nachi Cocum but I don't see it on the list to book online through the Disney website. Is it called something else or is everyone just doing this in their own? TIA!
Jensyfert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #21
disneycruiser22
Mouseketeer

Its not an excursion through DCL.

You can but it directly through Nachi Cocom on their website:

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

You would have to take a taxi ride from the pier in order to get to the beach club
disneycruiser22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #22
Jensyfert
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycruiser22
Its not an excursion through DCL.

You can but it directly through Nachi Cocom on their website:

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

You would have to take a taxi ride from the pier in order to get to the beach club
Thanks for the info...I thought I read somewhere that is was $11 per person. When I clicked the link it was $50 something per person. An I missing something? What about the other excursion? Paradise beach? DCL excursion?

Thanks again!
Jensyfert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #23
disneycruiser22
Mouseketeer

It is an $11 deposit to hold your spot at Nachi (you need to make prior reservations since they do not take more than 100 ppl per day) You need to bring Cash or a travelors check for the remanding balance the day you arrive. $55 dollars include all food and drink.

I cant speak on paradise beach but im pretty sure its open to the public, you just need to rent your chairs, etc, and pay for food and drink as you go. The DCL excursion is Playa Mia which is a large beach park that most cruise lines run excursions through. that is $80 dollars for all inclusive food drink and that includes transportation. You can google Playa Mia for pics and reviews
disneycruiser22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:53 PM   #24
ilovetexas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsmommy
At Nachi Cocum do you order your food off a menu? How was the food selection? My dd and I are both pickier eaters...
You do order off a menu and I seem to remember a fairly good selection. Google "Nachi cocom menu", I think I saw one posted on Cruise Critic but I don't know how to copy and paste a link while on my iPad. I'm sure my kids could tell me but they are in bed :D

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: