Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 11:58 PM   #76
Fratthouse
Mouseketeer

Joining in! So jealous you got to go in November AND January and now have a season pass! So lucky!!! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip

Grand Floridian 2009
Contemporary 2010
Poly 2012
Contemporary 2013 CL
Animal Kingdom Villas 2013
Off-site July 2014
Boardwalk CL Sept 2014
Animal Kingdom Villas Nov 2014
Old 02-27-2013, 09:52 PM   #77
DLFan123
living the dream-literally!

I just started reading your trip report and it is so funny/good! I actually laughed out loud about the nipple incident! Sounds like you had a really good time and really hit it off with Emmebear. Congralations on getting your AP! Now you can get lots of discounts on all sorts of things, including your Vinylmations! You will save so much money having a pass. (That is what I tell myself about having one.)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 11:24 PM   #78
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I might be wrong, but I BET that eventually they will be self-service ordering, because I remember reading that about it at first. But I think right now the crowds are so crazy they are trying to make it as easy as possible, so instead of helping those guests that cannot use a computer, just put an attendant there to make that part run smoothly!

I can't wait to try lunch at BOG! We loved our dinner there. I had the same cupcake!!
I remember reading about the self service ordering too. Maybe there will be an option because those desks in there were definitely not removable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenvic1312959 View Post
Great trip Report I ate at Be Our Guest for lunch In January and loved it, glad you did too x
Yes, it was a very nice lunch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlaewalter View Post
I can not wait to try Be Our Guest. It looks lovely inside. Hopefully they have fixed that tile floor. Such a shame about them coming unglued already.
You will love it!!! It is a really great place and so nice to finally see it. It was just weird about the floor that the place was falling apart already. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
An Annual Pass??!?! Woooohooo!!! I'm totally jealous!

I went back and forth on Cortlyn on the Haunted Mansion, but we didn't ride it this trip. I figure we'll catch it on the next trip… whenever that may be! haha
Yikes on that group outside Townhall!
I know I am feeling very guilty about this annual pass. But I know I am going back in December so those two trips with a PH save me money! I didn't actually buy the AP yet but I bought a ticket on UT and then I will upgrade it once I am there. I saved $28!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Congrats on your AP!!!

Too bad your friend had to leave... but I'm glad yall had fun! Cool that you get to see them again!

Aww, I love Rapunzel!! Sounds like a fun interaction!
It was a fun interaction. We are sooo excited to see each other again in a month!! We are loving planning this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratthouse View Post
Joining in! So jealous you got to go in November AND January and now have a season pass! So lucky!!! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip
Thanks for joining in!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLFan123 View Post
I just started reading your trip report and it is so funny/good! I actually laughed out loud about the nipple incident! Sounds like you had a really good time and really hit it off with Emmebear. Congralations on getting your AP! Now you can get lots of discounts on all sorts of things, including your Vinylmations! You will save so much money having a pass. (That is what I tell myself about having one.)
Hey there!!! Haha about the nipples!! That was definitely the weirdest thing I have ever seen. I am not sure what that person was thinking. I am excited about the AP but a little guilty. Yes technically you are saving money on the tickets but spending a lot more on flights and food! I just got a Delta skymiles credit card so hopefully I can get more miles for a free flight and I get free luggage!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 03-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #79
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Just catching up because I'm real behind!

A little fun fact about that pirate guy, I am also afraid of him as a child I thought his leg would fall off and land in my lap. Recently I learned that the hair on his legs is actually real

Oh be our guest, what a beautiful place. I had the same problem with with opening my cupcake when I went. I don't get why they decided to go with those wrappers.
Oh my goodness!!! How is the floor already falling apart?

yay yay yay for another trip planned and getting an annual pass!
Old 03-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #80
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Just getting caught up on your last few updates!

Didn't you love Be Our Guest? I thought it was so amazing! Such a beautiful restaurant! I had the Croque Monsieur too, and I loved it! The fries were good, you should have tried them! They weren't your typical Disney fries, they had some seasoning on them that's really good!

Congrats on your AP! I was tempted to upgrade my park hopper to an AP when I was just in Disney, but I decided against it, on the slim chance that I wouldn't be going back this year! I LOVED having an AP!

I wanted to meet Rapunzel, but we just didn't have time! I'm glad she spent a lot of time with you, I like when the characters spend just as much time with adults as they do with the kids!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 03-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #81
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

joining in. Luving all your pics so far. Was is weird being solo in Disney. I really want to go to WDW but nobody will come with me. I'd go myself but have reservations because i'm so far away from it like
Old 03-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #82
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

At first, I wasn't enticed by Be Our Guest, but as I see more reviews of it, I really want to try some things that they offer. I wonder if by the time I go back possibly next year in February if the lines and crowds will be lower!

Yay for an annual pass!!!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 03-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #83
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Alone Time before Dinner

I just want to apologize. Photobucket has issues resizing pictures lately and I am not sure if these are resized or not.

After I saw the big BTG I was on a mission to find the couture ears. They were limited time ears and they looked cute in the pictures. I found them right in the specialty ear shop where they sew your name on.

These ones were my favorite!! I was very tempted to get them but I didn't.

The clouds looked really cool so I wanted to take a picture of the tree. The tree is horrible underexposed but the clouds look cool.

The obligatory balloon shot!

I decided I should probably have a picture of myself to prove I was in Disney! Plus TR with just scenery is boring so I needed more pictures with people in it. So here I am!

After my photography fun I went shopping but first looked in the windows on Main Street.

I loved these windows that were mini models of the Disney Christmas Carol with Mickey and Scrooge McDuck. Corey and I watched it this year so I wanted to take pictures to show him.

Next stop was the jewelry store on Main Street! I forget what it is called but it has a lot of nice jewelry, Dooney's and other collectibles.

I bought myself a present here! A Chamilia Mickey swirl bead! It was pretty pricey but it makes my bracelet complete. I put the mickey swirl as the center.

I found something else I want: This Disney dooney.

I like it because it is a nylon material and not leather. I feel like their leather bags are too stiff.

Next I went in the Emporium and bought myself a shirt. I am not sure where the pic is but I will post it later.

I saw Minnie hangin' around

I wonder if a CM did this?

It was close to my time to head to my dinner at Artist Point when all of a sudden I realized this would be my last time to take pictures of New Fantasyland during the daylight!! I freaked out so I rushed over there to take more pictures of FLE.

Not without a few street shots and a portrait of myself, of course.

This photopass photographer annoyed me. I told him I didn't want a photopass card. I wasn't getting photopass this trip and he insisted on giving me a card and said that his photo would be better than mine because of his settings. I am not buying a photopass picture of myself so I told him no I don't want a card. He told me the pictures he took on my camera weren't good.

It looks fine to me!

Hmpph! FLE photos up next!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation

Last edited by rachel09985; 03-04-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #84
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoSamma View Post
Just catching up because I'm real behind!

A little fun fact about that pirate guy, I am also afraid of him as a child I thought his leg would fall off and land in my lap. Recently I learned that the hair on his legs is actually real

Oh be our guest, what a beautiful place. I had the same problem with with opening my cupcake when I went. I don't get why they decided to go with those wrappers.
Oh my goodness!!! How is the floor already falling apart?

yay yay yay for another trip planned and getting an annual pass!
Hahahah about the leg falling off! That is gross that the hair is real!!! I have no idea why the floor is falling apart already. I am soo excited about the AP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Just getting caught up on your last few updates!

Didn't you love Be Our Guest? I thought it was so amazing! Such a beautiful restaurant! I had the Croque Monsieur too, and I loved it! The fries were good, you should have tried them! They weren't your typical Disney fries, they had some seasoning on them that's really good!

Congrats on your AP! I was tempted to upgrade my park hopper to an AP when I was just in Disney, but I decided against it, on the slim chance that I wouldn't be going back this year! I LOVED having an AP!

I wanted to meet Rapunzel, but we just didn't have time! I'm glad she spent a lot of time with you, I like when the characters spend just as much time with adults as they do with the kids!
Yes BOG was fun! I don't think my fries were seasoned. I love when the characters spend time with adults too! As cute as it is to spend time with little kids they def need to spend time with adults too. I love Rapunzel. I love how spunky she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
joining in. Luving all your pics so far. Was is weird being solo in Disney. I really want to go to WDW but nobody will come with me. I'd go myself but have reservations because i'm so far away from it like
It was weird for the first couple of meals but then I quickly got over it. I wrote in a journal during my meals. It was weird walking around by myself but I was okay about it because I could pretty much do whatever I wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
At first, I wasn't enticed by Be Our Guest, but as I see more reviews of it, I really want to try some things that they offer. I wonder if by the time I go back possibly next year in February if the lines and crowds will be lower!

Yay for an annual pass!!!
I know about the annual pass!! yay! I am not enticed by BOG dinner but lunch I am. I just won't want to pay extra for dinner when you can see it at lunch. Also, this is crazy but it makes me so mad about their dessert offerings at dinner. I can't believe they have cupcakes and creme puffs for dessert and they are the same for lunch. I am a huge dessert person so I might consider going if they had a unique dessert menu at dinner.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #86
MEK
DIS Veteran

My son and I were on a college tour yesterday and I just realized that you look so much like our tour guide.

I, too, like your backpack.

And - yes - your PP pic on your camera turned out great. I just take the stupid card even when I know I not purchasing PP. I think it shuts them up.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #87
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I love obligatory balloon pictures! Who cares if you've seen them hundreds of times, they're always so pretty!

Love the rows of Minnie and Mickey stuffed animals. They always look so soft and cute all piled together like that.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #88
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Frantic Picture Taking

So where I left off I just realized I had to go back to new fantasyland to take photos before it was still light out and I had to do it in a hurry!

The photopass photographer just took my photo and he retook it with flash because he thought that would help. Here is the flash photo.

It was so weird that the castle lights were on this early. I didn't know if they played the lighting show or not after christmas and I guess they don't because it wasn't played tonight.

It looked very weird with the lights on and not dark out.

I made it Fantasyland and took pictures of everything but only will post the pretty ones!

I saw Gaston with not a long wait so I stood in line. When it was my turn I told Gaston that I wished my boyfriend had as big of muscles as him! He said, "Doesn't everyone wish that??" Haha sooo arrogant! This is literally the worst picture of me in the entire world so please pass by quickly!

I had my 50mm lens on which is a relatively zoomed lens and I told her she just had to get our faces in but she literally went all the way back to get our whole bodies in!

I wasn't impressed with the selection of merchandise in here. It is pretty merchandise but I can't see a lot of people buying things from here.

Storybook circus was pretty with the lights on.

Since I took all of my photos, I left to go to dinner. Of course I stopped to take more pictures on the way!!

I decided to take the boat to Wilderness Lodge and when I got there there wasn't anyone else in line. Shortly another couple came in and started talking about the GF DVC. I chimed in because they said a question I could answer and then I said something about how nobody would be able to afford them because they are so expensive. They didn't really say anything after that. On the boat I saw her wedding ring and it was a huge diamond! Well, I guess they could afford the GF DVC! Maybe that is why they stopped talking! Haha. I put my foot in my mouth with that!

We finally got on because we had to be put on another boat. They had to use our boat for the monorail because the monorail broke down. It worked out for us because the WL was the first stop!

It was an absolutely gorgeous night. The sky was so rich and saturated!

People getting redirected from the monorail

I love how you can see the castle in between the trees. You can even tell it is lit up.

Before I knew it we were at Wilderness Lodge. I really think boat is my favorite transportation at WDW. It is soooo peaceful.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #89
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Rachel, do you mind if I ask which Vera backpack you were using?? I love that pattern by the way!!
I think it is the Bookbag! I like it too. It is a great size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
My son and I were on a college tour yesterday and I just realized that you look so much like our tour guide.

I, too, like your backpack.

And - yes - your PP pic on your camera turned out great. I just take the stupid card even when I know I not purchasing PP. I think it shuts them up.
Thats so funny! What college? Haha I should have taken it. I would have just thrown them away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I love obligatory balloon pictures! Who cares if you've seen them hundreds of times, they're always so pretty!

Love the rows of Minnie and Mickey stuffed animals. They always look so soft and cute all piled together like that.
Balloon pictures are the best!! I love them! Especially when you get the castle behind them. I know I want to jump on the stuffed animals! If you have ever been to Disney stores you know they pile the stuffed animals on that tree looking thing. I always wanted to jump on those!

Old 03-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #90
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

I'm just joining in now, I hope I'm not too late. I'm particularly interested in your solo trip since I've been considering it myself, but I'm a little apprehensive. Your pictures look amazing!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: