Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #61
jpmandan
DIS Veteran

I.m in for your TR.

Our WDW trips 2002,2003,2006,2007,2008,2009,2011
Old 02-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #62
jecskc
DIS Veteran

They were yelling at everyone when DD and I went to get a pic with Tink and Periwinkle in January. I agree that they were somewhat rude. Perhaps they have had some kind of troulbe in the past ?? I dunno.

If you have the time, watch the fairy movies. They really are cute and I think most of them are on instant play on Netflix. They are very pretty movies, too. Lots of color and great animation.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #63
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macavity72 View Post
She's Periwinkle. Peri, for short. My daughter and wife, "Pixie" and "Tink" to me, are huge Fairies' fans, so I've seen all the movies multiple times.
Periwinkle is Tink's Sister! I used to think the Fairy movies were silly- until my ODD fell in love with Tink and loves to watch them! I really enjoy them now. However, I wish they would explain the connection to Peter Pan at some point. I think that they could do a story about how Tink and Peter met and it would be a cute movie!

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 02-20-2013, 10:05 PM   #64
MEK
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pictures in this update! That citrus swirl looks SO yummy!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #66
carlaewalter
Earning My Ears

Following from Facebook Group. Loving your reports.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #67
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I really think all the lights on the castle make it sparkle during the day. It's so pretty, day and night!

Ugh, can't stand rude CMs.

I confess, I recently watched all the fairy movies and I kinda loved them! They were so much cuter than I thought. So the other fairy is Periwinkle!
It is very pretty! I love me some castle. I guess I have to watch the fairy movies. everyone seems like they love them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Okay onto this report. LOL
Solo trips are the best. No one to hold you back or complain. You do what you want to do. Love it.
Starring Rolls is so good. The peanut butter cupcake is really good.
Great pics of the Osborne Lights.
Ooh Star Tours, my favorite at DHS.
That tree in the lobby is gorgeous. Cannot wait to stay there in December.
Love the fog photos. Looks great.
CP was a letdown to us the last we went. :O(
When we met Ariel she only had her top on with something under it and no other thing so maybe it was cold when you went or they got complaints.
Completely agree about Lefou’s Brew.
Looking forward to reading more.
Hi Scott! Yes it was veryy nice to do a solo trip. A little lonely at times but it was nice. I could definitely do it again. We are going back in December too! I am jealous you are staying there. That is one of my dream resorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
omgoodness the hair on that guy's leg in POTC - it creeps me out every time too. And I can't NOT look at it, it's so terrible!
Lol it is gross. I can't help staring but the hair is disgusting. I am afraid of it falling on me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
I love how the castle looks in pictures! That blue almost matches the skies.

I always look at that pirate's nasty toenails too! YUCK!

Ugh Why do some people think it's ok to talk to everyone like they are a little kid?
I am not sure why they felt the need to yell at me! It is basically impossible for any castle shot to be bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macavity72 View Post
She's Periwinkle. Peri, for short. My daughter and wife, "Pixie" and "Tink" to me, are huge Fairies' fans, so I've seen all the movies multiple times.
Thanks! Did you like them? Everyone says they are good so I guess I gotta watch them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmandan View Post
I.m in for your TR.
Thanks for joining!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
They were yelling at everyone when DD and I went to get a pic with Tink and Periwinkle in January. I agree that they were somewhat rude. Perhaps they have had some kind of troulbe in the past ?? I dunno.

If you have the time, watch the fairy movies. They really are cute and I think most of them are on instant play on Netflix. They are very pretty movies, too. Lots of color and great animation.
That is weird that they yelled at people when you were there. They must like try to maintain secrecy and not let you look inside before you are allowed in? I dunno, it was weird. Thanks for the recommendation on the fairy movies. Maybe I can start up a netflix trial!
Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Periwinkle is Tink's Sister! I used to think the Fairy movies were silly- until my ODD fell in love with Tink and loves to watch them! I really enjoy them now. However, I wish they would explain the connection to Peter Pan at some point. I think that they could do a story about how Tink and Peter met and it would be a cute movie!
Everyone likes the fairy movies! I do need to watch them badly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Beautiful pictures in this update! That citrus swirl looks SO yummy!
It is sooo delicious. I can't wait to have another one
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmebear View Post
i wish april would hurry it up!
me tooo!!! April hurry up!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlaewalter View Post
Following from Facebook Group. Loving your reports.
Hi Carla! Glad you are joining in! Cute profile picture!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 02-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #68
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Be Our Guest Lunch Part 1 <3

After the fairies we were going to have lunch at Be Our Guest since it was time for Emmebear and Emme to leave!

We walked through the hub to the right of the castle and we knew that a show was going to be starting soon. Emmebear said we better hurry because if it starts Emme is going to want to watch the show.

We made it halfway across the road and then all of a sudden music starts! The show was starting.

She was right: emme wanted to watch the show and got so excited to watch it. So we went over to watch it and she was enthralled. It was funny.

The sky was gorgeous. I was so worried about the weather this day but it was a perfect day. Warm but not scorching and sunny with a bit of clouds.

We made it to BOG and the line wrapped around the entire drawbridge past the menu. I could not believe it was that long.

I was sooo excited to eat here. I love finally experiencing these things for myself.

However we had a problem. Emme was having her first meltdown. She was crying because she wanted this light up Minnie where her skirt spun and lighted up. We just let her cry in her stroller and knew she would get over it.

But the line attendant said we couldn't take our stroller in. Emmebear told him that Emme was having a meltdown and was about to fall asleep and they let her take the stroller in line.

Luckily she stopped crying and then turned into a happy girl! We just dropped the stroller off at the entrance.

This area was very cool. I loved the water under the bridge and the sounds of the forest.

These guys were cool and fun to photograph.

We finally made our way to the entrance after about 25 minutes.

I can't believe people wait this long for a quick service entrance.

Emme took some pictures in front of this statue.

This creepy guy greets you inside.

And this beautiful stained glass is to the left.

Then you wrap around to the right through the area with the knights where there are menus to read from.

We probably waited about 35 minutes to order. For some reason I thought you ordered on your own but they have people to order for you when you get in.

I am not sure what I was doing with Emme but I was making her laugh hysterically. It was funny.

Next up: Our Dining Experience

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 02-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #69
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Be Our Guest Lunch Part 2 <3

I ordered the croque monsiuer with the french fries and the strawberry cupcake.

We ate in the library room. I liked that room because it was the brightest and it had comfortable cushioned banquettes where you can sit and relax.

I liked how we were still served the christmas cups.

The sandwich was very good hot. It was served with a bechamel sauce inside which is like a cheese i think. It was good and tasty. It got a little hard when it was cooler but I still enjoyed it. I wish I could have got something different besides french fries. I didn't eat any of them. I am not a disney french fry fan.

The cupcake was definitely hard to open. Those wrappers are impossible to take off. My strawberry dropped on the ground

It was very good and light and perfect size. There was a delicious strawberry mousse inside that was my favorite part.

After we ate we toured the rest of the restaurant. I loved the paintings and drawings in the library room. I wish you could purchase copies.

We walked into the ballroom next.

I looked down at the beautiful rose tiled floor and noticed that there was huge chunks of tiles missing already!!!

I couldn't believe it! This restaurant is a few months old and there is already floor tiles coming out? It was a lot too!!!

I liked the rose room the best but it is very dark and I light to see what I eat.

I absolutely love this mosaic when you walk out. I think it might be my favorite feature.

They were clearing out lunch so the line was closed.

One of me and Emme in front of the mosaic.

All in all we had a great time here. I can't wait to try it again.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #70
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I might be wrong, but I BET that eventually they will be self-service ordering, because I remember reading that about it at first. But I think right now the crowds are so crazy they are trying to make it as easy as possible, so instead of helping those guests that cannot use a computer, just put an attendant there to make that part run smoothly!

I can't wait to try lunch at BOG! We loved our dinner there. I had the same cupcake!!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
Old 02-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #71
laurenvic1312959
Mouseketeer

Great trip Report I ate at Be Our Guest for lunch In January and loved it, glad you did too x

Me, Lauren (21) and DF Adam (27)
1997, 1998, 2003, 2008 and 2011 - Off site
Me and my DF as a bridesmaid and best man at a DFTW! A Jan 2013 TR Complete!

Old 02-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #72
carlaewalter
Earning My Ears

I can not wait to try Be Our Guest. It looks lovely inside. Hopefully they have fixed that tile floor. Such a shame about them coming unglued already.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #73
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Saying Goodbye :(

After lunch it was time to say goodbye to my new friends! It went so quickly but we had a great time together. I am going back in a month to visit them again. I just bought an annual pass too!!! Yikes! I am scared of the amount of money I am going to spend this next year.

Back to the show

We wanted to ride one last ride before they left. They have never been on Haunted Mansion so that is what we decided on. I was a little worried about Emme being scared but she seemed like she was a brave girl.

I took this pic in the graveyard to show my sister because her boyfriend's name is Dave. However I never showed her because they just broke up again last week for the third time! He is an idiot and broke up with her three times but she got back with him each time. I hope they are done for good this time.

Emme did get a little scared in the stretching room and was crying a little. She was fine on the ride though. She was a brave girl!

After this ride I walked them out of the park. We stopped in the Emporium and she bought me pajamas. Well i bought them but she used her discount! Picture of those coming later!

Then they left That was sad. I was upset because I was all alone now!

So I went back into the emporium to look around! I found this cute shirt that my sister would like.

After that I went into the Town Square Theatre because I wanted to meet Rapunzel! There wasn't too long of a line only 15 minutes.

There was a bunch of foreign families in line! It is cute watching foreign kids try to communicate to the characters.

The CMs came in and were calling someones name and I could have sworn they said my last name. I asked them if they meant my last name but they didn't come back so I don't think they were calling me. I was worried for a minute though.

I met Rapunzel and she was cute! She spent a long time with me. I appreciated that.

She said we were twins because our names started with R. Then we posed the same way. I talked to her about her new bathrooms that were being built and asked if she was happy to have a new home. I told her I listen to her soundtrack all the time! Haha!

When I came out this is what I saw!

Old 02-26-2013, 10:21 PM   #74
francis6306
DIS Veteran

An Annual Pass??!?! Woooohooo!!! I'm totally jealous!

I went back and forth on Cortlyn on the Haunted Mansion, but we didn't ride it this trip. I figure we'll catch it on the next trip… whenever that may be! haha
Yikes on that group outside Townhall!

Old 02-26-2013, 11:05 PM   #75
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your AP!!!

Too bad your friend had to leave... but I'm glad yall had fun! Cool that you get to see them again!

Aww, I love Rapunzel!! Sounds like a fun interaction!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: