Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #46
MEK
DIS Veteran

I didn't even know you had this TR going. Joining in!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #47
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Joining in a little late but enjoying your TR so far!

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 02:45 AM   #48
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Joining in!

Awesome that you were able to get down there a few days before your conference. Love the Osbourne lights pics, I thought they turned out great!

You are right, little Emme is a beautiful girl, such a cutie!

Love the Little Mermaid pics, too! Can't wait to be able to get on that one (unfortunately not till 2014! )

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 02-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #49
iheartdisney123
Mouseketeer

Joining in! I just got done reading your other trip report I'm excited to follow along! Your TR's are so much fun! I am amazed you went to WDW solo! I would love to try that some day.....
Old 02-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #50
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Caught up!!! Yay
Old 02-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #51
teruterubouzu
DIS Veteran

I'm enjoying your trip report. Looking forward to hearing about your vinylmation addiction!

August 7-11, 2009 - Went back for a long weekend with my brother to relive old family vacation memories.
May 8-11, 2009 - Long weekend at Coronado Springs

August 2008 Trip Report: Disneyfied! Two sisters return to Walt Disney World after 21 years. (apologies for abandoning this)
Old 02-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #52
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Okay, I'm finally over here now too!

So glad you made a DisFriend!!! I'd like to try CP one day… It's on the Disney bucket list for sure! haha

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 02-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #53
tabbytrekker
Mouseketeer

Joining as well! Love your photos!
Old 02-17-2013, 10:06 PM   #54
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Time to Adventure!

After the Teacups we decided to head to Adventureland. The whole morning Emme kept saying she wanted to "Adventure", which meant she wanted to go to Adventureland. So we finally went!

First I got some castle shots. Look how sparkly the blue roof is in spots. I have never noticed this before my November trip.

First Emme and her mommy decided to go on the Magic Carpets since they have never done it before. I didn't feel like it so what better way to pass the time than to have a Citrus Swirl!

There was some people behind me who weren't sure what a Citrus Swirl so I explained it to them and told them it was delicious!

This was still good but wasn't AS enjoyable because I had a pretty bad canker sore that would not go away and as you know OJ kinda hurts canker sores! It still tasted good though.

I took some artsy shots while waiting for the ride to be over.

We then decided to go on Pirates, one of my favorite Disney rides! Emmebear hadn't ever been on it before.

This guy creeps me out!!! I always look right up at his hair leg with nasty toenails and I get grossed out.

My favorite scene!

When we were leaving Adventureland we saw the Fairies and the line was about 40 minutes but it was something different and we wanted to meet them.

When we were up to the beginning there was a really cute leaf that shaped the doorway with lights.

Apparently we were supposed to stand behind a line and I wasn't standing behind it so I basically got yelled at by the CM. It was kind of rude actually! I felt like I was treated like a child.

We finally got to go in and the area was soooo cute! I can not believe how in depth this scene is. It was sooo elaborate.

Tink was cute with Emme.

I liked meeting Tink too!

Next we met this other fairy and I have no idea who she is. I don't watch those new Fairy movies so the only fairy I know is Tinkerbell.

I told her she was bedazzled because she was sooo sparkly! Her skin was so sparkly! She was pretty!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 02-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #55
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Sounds like a fun morning so far!!

I can't wait to explore the new fantasyland!! The detail looks so amazing!

Hmm I don't know how I feel about Ariel's bodysuit. I've seen a few pics where it looks a bit weird and rumpled in all the wrong areas.

I love the idea of the kids play area!!! Such a godsend for parents!
Yeah the bodysuit was weird. I was just looking at someone elses pics and that ariel didn't have a bodysuit, she just had a nude bra under the shells. The detail is amazing. It is a really nice addition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in
Thanks so much for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
OMG you are crazy, you don't look like a fat heifer next to Ariel at all! I love that you can finally meet Ariel as a mermaid again, but I don't like that you have to sit down next to her, I'd like to meet her when I go in a few days, but I'm afraid that seat isn't big enough!

I liked LeFou's brew too, but I didn't like the foam on top!

Aww, Dumbo! I still have to ride the new Dumbo, in fact, I think the only time I've ever been on Dumbo was my first trip when I was 7!
I sure felt like it when I sat next to her. There seemed to be quite a bit of room on the bench. I don't know why I liked the foam. It wasn't bad on its own but there didnt' complement each other.

Just like me regarding Dumbo! The first time I rode Dumbo as an adult was this past November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I didn't even know you had this TR going. Joining in!
Thanks for joining in! Hopefully I can prolong this out to April so I will always be able to thing about Disney.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Joining in a little late but enjoying your TR so far!
Thanks so much for coming along for the ride!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Joining in!

Awesome that you were able to get down there a few days before your conference. Love the Osbourne lights pics, I thought they turned out great!

You are right, little Emme is a beautiful girl, such a cutie!

Love the Little Mermaid pics, too! Can't wait to be able to get on that one (unfortunately not till 2014! )
thanks for posting! Isn't Emme adorable?? She is sooo cute. Her little smile is so precious. Well you will have lots to get excited about then! Hopefully the roller coaster will be finished too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartdisney123 View Post
Joining in! I just got done reading your other trip report I'm excited to follow along! Your TR's are so much fun! I am amazed you went to WDW solo! I would love to try that some day.....
The solo part was hard. I definitely missed a companion the 2nd part of my trip. Having Emmebear there was great. I knew I had to go on a trip though because I was getting free airfare. It was great!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Caught up!!! Yay
Yay thanks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teruterubouzu View Post
I'm enjoying your trip report. Looking forward to hearing about your vinylmation addiction!
Haha that doesn't come till the end! Thanks for reading along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Okay, I'm finally over here now too!

So glad you made a DisFriend!!! I'd like to try CP one day… It's on the Disney bucket list for sure! haha
Yes you def need to try CP! It is a staple!! DisFriends are awesome! We had a great time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbytrekker View Post
Joining as well! Love your photos!
Thanks so much!!!!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 02-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #56
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I really think all the lights on the castle make it sparkle during the day. It's so pretty, day and night!

Ugh, can't stand rude CMs.

I confess, I recently watched all the fairy movies and I kinda loved them! They were so much cuter than I thought. So the other fairy is Periwinkle!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:35 AM   #57
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Okay onto this report. LOL
Solo trips are the best. No one to hold you back or complain. You do what you want to do. Love it.
Starring Rolls is so good. The peanut butter cupcake is really good.
Great pics of the Osborne Lights.
Ooh Star Tours, my favorite at DHS.
That tree in the lobby is gorgeous. Cannot wait to stay there in December.
Love the fog photos. Looks great.
CP was a letdown to us the last we went. :O(
When we met Ariel she only had her top on with something under it and no other thing so maybe it was cold when you went or they got complaints.
Completely agree about Lefou’s Brew.
Looking forward to reading more.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:15 AM   #58
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

omgoodness the hair on that guy's leg in POTC - it creeps me out every time too. And I can't NOT look at it, it's so terrible!
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

Old 02-18-2013, 05:12 AM   #59
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

I love how the castle looks in pictures! That blue almost matches the skies.

I always look at that pirate's nasty toenails too! YUCK!

Ugh Why do some people think it's ok to talk to everyone like they are a little kid?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #60
Macavity72
Blue punch buggy...no punch-back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Next we met this other fairy and I have no idea who she is. I don't watch those new Fairy movies so the only fairy I know is Tinkerbell.

I told her she was bedazzled because she was sooo sparkly! Her skin was so sparkly! She was pretty!
She's Periwinkle. Peri, for short. My daughter and wife, "Pixie" and "Tink" to me, are huge Fairies' fans, so I've seen all the movies multiple times.

July 1998 Dixie Landings | Jun 2012 Art of Animation | Oct 2013 Art of Animation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: