Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #31
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Just getting caught up. I didn't miss any vinylmations, I see. I just LOVE the Osborne Lights !! So, so amazing !!

It was crazy crowded when we went on our trip, too. Like 8-9 crowds. We were stunned. Didn't stop us from having fun though !!!

Susan
Nope, no vinylmations yet. They come later and in a frenzy!

The crowds were crazy! Sun and Mon weren't bad but that Sat was horrendous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isthatyoutiger View Post
The Carrot Ginger Soup is the best!! I love eating at Boma.

Really enjoying your TR.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I really liked it too! It was my first time eating there and I want to go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieBea View Post
Well, this is fun! I'm in ...
Yay! Thanks for joining in!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 01-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #32
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Walkin' a Foggy Wonderland

This morning was Crystal Palace with emmbear and Emme! I was so excited to go to a character meal with a little kid! Normally it is just me and Corey.

I think our reservation was at 8:10am and we were running a little late. Emmebear got to my hotel at 8:05 to pick me up. I forgot my hair tie in my room before she arrived so I had to go back and get it but I got it before she picked me up.

Emme was so happy this morning watching her tv show in the car.

We actually made REALLY good time! We got to MK at 8:30. It was my first time ever parking in the MK parking lot and it went smoothly. While riding on the monorail I realized just how foggy it was! You couldn't even see into the lake!

MK was already packed for being this early. A lot of people get there early! So we get in the line to get our bags checked and Emmebear goes in quickly. Then its my turn....And there were foreign people next to me that had a knife in their bag!!!!!!!! Granted it was just a pocket knife but still you should know not to bring that! Then they were all freaking out that they were going to get in trouble. Then the security guard had to call someone, all while I was standing there waiting to be checked out! He could have easily looked at my bad but nooo, i had to get into a different line!

So I got in the different line and got through quickly. The knife people were still there.

YAY!!! Christmas decorations! I couldn't believe I was seeing Christmas decorations twice in the same season!

FOGGGG!! It was pretty awesome actually! Yeah, the clouds may not have been blue for this time to take pics before the park opened but it was really cool!

Yay! Dis'ers turned into friends We actually want to meet up again sometime in the next couple of months.

Do you guys know how to take a ride on this thing? Thats a Disney goal!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation

Last edited by rachel09985; 01-28-2013 at 09:54 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #33
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Crystal Palace Breakfast

Finally time to eat breakfast! Since I got gypped out of this breakfast from my November trip I needed to eat it this trip!

Before we checked in Emmebear realized she left her batter charger for her camera back at the hotel! So she was on hold with the hotel trying to find them and make sure they put them in safe place.

Emme was a little cranky but she quickly got over it!

It was still so cool looking with that fog so I took some more pictures.

Breakfast seemed a little bit more pricey than I thought.

Haha, there is he little Simba baby that she loved.

Emmebear checked us in and a few moments later we were called in!

We had a castle view, although it is a bit foggy!

The characters started coming right away so we waited to get our food.

Pooh came first!

Emme was bouncing Pooh's belly and it was so funny!

After Pooh I went up for my first plate which had smoked salmon and fruit.

The fruit and smoked salmon was very good. Last time I was here they had a berry fruit bowls which was really good. They didn't have this this time unfortunately. The smoked salmon was a pastrami smoked salmon so it was a little too salty on the outside.

Next Piglet came! I think he/she is my favorite because they are pink, my favorite color!

Next plate has more smoked salmon, cheesy potatoes, corned beef hash, and a cheesy omellete bake.

Nothing on this plate was really great. The cheesy omelette bake was gross and had a really weird texture. The cheesy potatoes were ok but I prefer shredded potatoes.

I had to try to breakfast lasagna which they brought back.

It wasn't very good. I wish it was more like bread pudding. The berry flavor was a fake berry flavor. The caramelized bananas on top were great!

I realized at this point i forgot the pooh's puffed french toast which is soo good! It is basically just fried donuts with cinnamon sugar on it. It is so good but these pieces were a little well done.

Before I knew it breakfast was over. It wasn't as good as the first breakfast I had here. I swear every disney restaurant tastes better the first time. The second time it is always a let down.

It is such a pretty restaurant! I just don't get why all of these restaurants book up but yet when you go in there is at least 1/3 of the tables empty? They don't do that good of a job with time between tables.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #34
sachiiiii
Earning My Ears

I definitely want to do a solo trip at some point. No one I know likes Disney enough to go on as many trips as I would like to. Can't wait to hear more about yours!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #35
Isthatyoutiger
DVC Member SSR Jan 2007

I love eating Breakfast at Crystal Palace. Yummmm!! I agree the place seems to be always empty, but there are a lot of people sitting outside waiting? Bad table turn around I guess. The fog makes the castle look really cool great pics!

August 1998 Offsite -August 2000 Wilderness Lodge - December 2001 CBR - June 2003 AKL - December 2004 WL - January 2007 WL (20 yr Anniversary) - Joined DVC SSR Jan 2007
-June 2007 SSR - June 2008 SSR - August 2009 SSR - August 2010 DVC AKL Kidani Village - November 2011 Family B-Day Celebration DVC AKL Jumbo House -
Upcoming Trip - August 2013 BCV & Vero Beach
Old 02-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #36
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

First Walk Through New Fantasyland

After we got done with Crystal Palace we needed to move it to head to New Fantasyland.

I was getting very very excited because in November I just missed it opening. They wouldn't let me in even though it was open.

The skies were starting to turn blue and non foggy!

Our plan was to ride the Little Mermaid ride first.

The queue was gorgeous! All of the rock and water made it so pretty! It was pretty peaceful!

Soo there is a game that you play with this crab that is projected on screens.

Here are what the instructions are supposed to look like.

Here are what one set of instructions look like.

Can you believe the letters are already coming off?? That doesn't seem right!

Scuttle talks to you while waiting. Super cute!

The painting in the loading area is so pretty

Scuttle wants again talks to you in the beginning of the ride.

Then you go backwards and get a rush of cold air like you are going underwater. You see bubbles in front of you.

The Prince Eric statue is exactly like the statue in Art of Animation!

Continued in next post..

Old 02-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #37
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Under The Sea

I left out and we were just starting our ride on The Little Mermaid ride! I was loving it so far!

When you come up to this Ariel you do see the rod poking out of her back but it doesn't make me upset about it like some people are.

My only negative about this main room would be it seemed really light. It wasn't dark enough.

Then you go into the room where they are about to kiss!

Then King Triton appears.

And Ariel and Prince Eric get married! Aw how cute!

And Scuttle concludes his story telling.

The End!

All in all, I really liked the ride. I do think the middle room needs to be darker but it was very cute and colorful and full of great music! I love the Little Mermaid music.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #38
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiiiii View Post
I definitely want to do a solo trip at some point. No one I know likes Disney enough to go on as many trips as I would like to. Can't wait to hear more about yours!
That is how I am. None of my friends like Disney. Thankfully my boyfriend likes it. He doesn't want to go as much as me though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isthatyoutiger View Post
I love eating Breakfast at Crystal Palace. Yummmm!! I agree the place seems to be always empty, but there are a lot of people sitting outside waiting? Bad table turn around I guess. The fog makes the castle look really cool great pics!

Me too! It is a fun time! Maybe they just really underbook here? Thanks for the compliment about my photos

Old 02-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #39
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Ugh, I'm sorry you didn't get to see New Fantasyland in November! I was there a little later than you in November and I thought I had no hope of seeing it because of AP previews, but I actually got in twice! I was SO happy, I think I cried a little! I just think that whole area is perfect!

I LOVED the Little Mermaid ride! I know a lot of people complained about it when they started doing previews, but I loved it! What more do people want!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 02-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #40
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

I'm a little slow to this trip report, but I finally found it!!!
oooohhhh I solo trip, I've always said I would go to disney by myself.
That Penne CHicken Alfredo looks so good, how I wish I could have some Disney food right now.
I hate when Disney is so crowded, I just want to go on my favorite rides with out waiting like 1-2 hours.
WHAT?! People need to purchase clothes that fit them. I mean its a family place keep that to yourself!
Just the story of all the crowds seems like a nightmare
I need to see the osborne lights.
Emme seems so precious! Love her merida dress
That Boma food looks pretty good.
A knife?! Why would you ever bring a knife into Disney? I mean I can understand cutting something up but you should know that you wont get in.
The new fantasyland is perfect!
Old 02-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #41
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

First Taste of Lefou's Brew

After we got out of the Little Mermaid ride we decided to meet Ariel! I have never met her in her fin so I was very excited! I have met Eric and Ariel in her human outfit but I just feel like it doesn't seem like her in that outfit.

I think the wait was about 20-30 minutes.

The hand rails were so cute! There were seashells on the rails.

I have heard there are two Ariel rooms but I am not sure how. I feel like everyone goes into the same room. Hmm, the mysteries of Disney character rooms!

She was gorgeous!

I always thought she just had bare skin but apparently it was a nude tight undergarment and none of her skin was showing!

She also was soo cute with Emme. Nothing beats character interaction between little girls and princesses!

Then I had to get my picture with her and I look like a fat heifer next to her! The only Disney character I could be is Pooh! Lol!

One of the most picturesque photo spots in Fantasyland is Ariel attached to the boat. Haha, it seems a little messed up that she is attached to the boat but it is still pretty.

One of my absolute must do's was to get a Lefou's Brew! I was soo interested on how this would tase and if it was remotely any good to Butterbeer.

Gaston's Tavern is awesome! It is such a great area to sit and down and relax.

The Lefou's Brew is $4.49, seems a bit steep, but you can use a snack credit for it.

I have like 6 thousand pictures of the brew, so pardon me!

Here are my thoughts- I didn't think it was as sweet as people say it is. It tastes like apple juice and I think apple juice is a pretty sweet juice so it isn't any surprise. The marshmallow flavor wasn't that noticeable. You can barely taste it. I thought I would least like the passionfruit foam but that was actually my favorite part. It was a sweet citrusy flavor. It did not pair well with the brew but it was good on its own. I drank my whole glass and would get it again.

Does it pair to butterbeer? NO! Not at all!! Butterbeer is on a different level of its own. I really think Disney could have created a different specialty beverage. The fact that it is the same drink in Carsland and the new Fantasyland in Disneyland is disappointing.

It also separated very quickly. The bottom quickly became just liquid.

Here are Emmebear and I with our drinks! Emme did NOT like the lefou's brew so her mom had to drink it! Photo courtesy of Emmebear!

Old 02-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #42
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Epitome of MK Rides

Next up was the epitome of Magic Kingdom Rides: Dumbo! My first time ever riding Dumbo was my November trip so this was my second time!

We were given a pager and sat down in the play area while Emme played. This pager thing is brilliant. Giving parents the ability to sit down in air while their kids play is awesome! I don't even have kids but it was nice to sit down and relax and watch the kids play.

We sat right in this middle ring.

Emme loved playing up in the nets above. I want to play in there! I wish adults were allowed up there.

The only problem was that when our pager buzzed Emme did not want to come down. It took a while to get her attention and have her come down! Haha she was having too much fun.

We were on the left ride. Does anyone know which one is the original?

I offered to take their camera and I took pictures of them while they were riding.

After we were done we went into the gift shop.

Does anyone see that ball to the left? Is that supposed to be the pixar luxo ball??

In the gift shop Emme got a Chip and Dale! They were cute and you got both of them hooked together.

Next up we made our way to another famous MK ride: The Teacups!

I can't get over how pretty that Little Mermaid section is!

The teacups were fun! We picked a pink teacup since that is our favorite color!

Chip and Dale had an awesome time! It was their first ride ever!

Emme is just so cute and she is fearless of rides!

See, they were having fun!

Next up: Some hub time!

Old 02-12-2013, 04:59 AM   #43
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Sounds like a fun morning so far!!

I can't wait to explore the new fantasyland!! The detail looks so amazing!

Hmm I don't know how I feel about Ariel's bodysuit. I've seen a few pics where it looks a bit weird and rumpled in all the wrong areas.

I love the idea of the kids play area!!! Such a godsend for parents!
Old 02-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #44
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09
Yacht Club CL - Aug. '14, Oct. '14

Old 02-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #45
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

OMG you are crazy, you don't look like a fat heifer next to Ariel at all! I love that you can finally meet Ariel as a mermaid again, but I don't like that you have to sit down next to her, I'd like to meet her when I go in a few days, but I'm afraid that seat isn't big enough!

I liked LeFou's brew too, but I didn't like the foam on top!

Aww, Dumbo! I still have to ride the new Dumbo, in fact, I think the only time I've ever been on Dumbo was my first trip when I was 7!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: