Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #16
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I'm here! What a cool job sending you to Orlando We ran into the same problem as you with (almost for us) missing a lunch reservation because of transportation. Disappointing that you didn't get to eat at Kona. I'm excited to hear how your meet went! It does feel sort of like a blind date, and makes you a bit nervous!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 01-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #17
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumosQ102 View Post
now isn't that the best news on top of the excitement of starting a new job congratulation on both!

I look forward to reading about your trip
I know it was so exciting to go to Orlando because normally they only go to Chicago for meetings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Hi, me again! Joining in on this TR too! I am dying to do a solo trip someday, so I love solo trip TR's! And I love vinylmations! I don't really know too much about them, like I don't try to complete sets or anything, I just try to get the ones I really like! I have a shelf full of them, they are so cute!

I love Pop, I've only stayed there once, but I really liked it, that chicken alfredo is one of my favorite Disney meals!

Yay, a DIS meet! I've only met one DIS'er so far, and it was totally by surprise, and I was SO nervous! It was great to finally meet someone in person though!

Can't wait to read more!
Hi! I was like that too with vinylmations before this trip. I just got then if I looked the designs and I didn't do any of the closed boxes. Now I have to collect this set I got!

I love that chicken alfredo too! So much!!!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #18
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I'm here! I'm here! What a cool job sending you to Orlando We ran into the same problem as you with (almost for us) missing a lunch reservation because of transportation. Disappointing that you didn't get to eat at Kona. I'm excited to hear how your meet went! It does feel sort of like a blind date, and makes you a bit nervous!
I was nervous, lol! The meet info is coming up soon!!!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 01-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #19
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Body Parts Exposed

So I finally got to Hollywood Studios and the first thing I saw was the huge christmas tree! It is so exciting to think that Christmas is over and all of a sudden be immersed in all of this Christmas decor!

It was a little chilly and cloudy today so I was glad I had on my jeans.

I was shocked at the crowds. It was BAD! Probably the worst I have ever have seen HS. My first thing I wanted to do was go ride Tower of Terror, one of my favorite rides. I go to the time board and the wait is 150 minutes!!!! No Thank you!! the wait for TSM Was 250 min. No thank you again.

I thought that Tower of Terror had a single rider line so I decided to walk back there.

Around that time emmebear was texting me and they got there and were shocked at the crowds too!

I also wanted to see Beauty and the Beast but I changed my mind because of how busy it was.

A little place called Starring rolls was calling my name because they were closing soon and I didn't have dessert at lunch!

So I headed in and got the (Disney) world famous Butterfinger Cupcake with a water. Shhh, its a Coke product!

So I tried to cut it in half and that thing was rock solid!! I didn't realize there was a layer of hard chocolate under the butterfinger. And it was cold so it was even harder. I ended up making a disaster of it.

I had to wait for it to warm it but this thing was just soooo sweet that it was too much. The frosting was a buttercream with a layer of chocolate and dipped in butterfinger. The cake was chocolate with chocolate in the middle. I really only ate the frosting chocolate butterfinger mess. That was my favorite part. I only had about a half.

Here is what I left.

So I headed to TOT to check out the actual line.

When I got to TOT I didn't see a single rider line. RATS! I decided to check with a CM and make sure. I go up the regular line and the two CMs seemed a little preoccupied. They were staring at something. So i ask my question and she answers NO but still seems preoccupied. I turn around to see what they are looking at and notice another woman talking to a CM with...

Her NIPPLES HANGING OUT!!!!!

Yes, her shirt was soooo low that both of her nipples were out. LOL! Her tank top was sooo tight that her breast fat was bulging out along with her nipples!! I was like WOW I have seen it all!!!!!

When she left all of the CMS were like did that seriously just happen? Haha it was hilarious!!!

Well now that I saw more than I wanted to see I decided it was time to do something since I paid for an entire day at Disney!

Last edited by rachel09985; 01-20-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #20
Isthatyoutiger
DVC Member SSR Jan 2007

A quick trip to the World! Awesome!! I was reading your other trip report and you said that you started a new one, so here I am

Butterfinger Cupcake Yummmm! I have to try one of those.

Was it Marathon weekend when you were there? I was there a few years ago during Marathon weekend and it was really crowded.

Wow what a site to see at ToT

Can't wait to hear about your meet

August 1998 Offsite -August 2000 Wilderness Lodge - December 2001 CBR - June 2003 AKL - December 2004 WL - January 2007 WL (20 yr Anniversary) - Joined DVC SSR Jan 2007
-June 2007 SSR - June 2008 SSR - August 2009 SSR - August 2010 DVC AKL Kidani Village - November 2011 Family B-Day Celebration DVC AKL Jumbo House -
Upcoming Trip - August 2013 BCV & Vero Beach
Old 01-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #21
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Next Stop: Little Mermaid Show

So after I saw the indecent exposure, I decided I need to do something. I was a bit discouraged because it was so busy but I decided to push through!

I headed to TSM and saw Voyage of the Little Mermaid. The next show was in about 40 minutes so I decided to wait in line.

There was a funny family behind me with a kid about 13 and he did not want to see this show! He was so mad he was missing out on Indiana Jones.

It was so busy that they didn't even let the regular guests in the waiting area. The waiting room was entirely filled with fastpass people. We didn't get to go in until right when the show started.

I wanted a good seat but it was pretty much impossible to get a good seat where I was. I ended up towards the right of the room in the middle.

Time for the show to start!

I love the water effects, the bubbles, and the smoke effects!

After the show I was definitely underwhelmed. I think they need to replace this show with something else!

I decided to head towards the Osborne Lights to get ready for them and to meet up with Emmebear!

She said she was getting a beer at the Studio Catering Company so I figured I might as well head back.

I love the TSM area!

Stand by still over 2 hours!

Up next: Osborne Lights with emmebear!

Old 01-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #22
autumne21
Earning My Ears

Enjoying your report so far! I just recently discovered Vinylmations too and think it could get real ugly real quick if I don't stay off the Disney website and eBay
Old 01-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #23
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isthatyoutiger View Post
A quick trip to the World! Awesome!! I was reading your other trip report and you said that you started a new one, so here I am

Butterfinger Cupcake Yummmm! I have to try one of those.

Was it Marathon weekend when you were there? I was there a few years ago during Marathon weekend and it was really crowded.

Wow what a site to see at ToT

Can't wait to hear about your meet
Thanks for joining in! No it wasn't marathon weekend. I think that started the weekend after I was there. Thank god as I hear as well that marathon weekend is crowded. That site was def weird at ToT! I don't know what these people are thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumne21 View Post
Enjoying your report so far! I just recently discovered Vinylmations too and think it could get real ugly real quick if I don't stay off the Disney website and eBay
Haha same here! I have an amazon gc i need to use and Amazon sells vinylmations! I might have to use my gc on vinylmations!

Old 01-22-2013, 12:39 AM   #24
partigus
Mouseketeer

wow- we used to go in mid january alot and it was always pretty slow- wonder what drove the attendance when you were there?
2010 Contemporary (5)
2009 Beach Club Villas (6)
2008 Wilderness Lodge (5)
2005 French Quarter (7)
2004 Wilderness Lodge (2)
2004 Marriott World Center (2)
2003 Polynesian (4)
1996 Port Orleans (4)
1992 Off Site (2)
1988 Grad Night (1)
1988 Naval Training Center (1)
1987 Grad Night (1)
1987 Naval Training Center (1)
Several family day trips- early 80's (4)
Trips to Fort Wilderness Campgrounds in early 70's (?)
Old 01-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #25
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by partigus View Post
wow- we used to go in mid january alot and it was always pretty slow- wonder what drove the attendance when you were there?
It was just that one day at Hollywood Studios that was bad. I think it was because christmas/new years crowds were still there and there was AM EMH at HS that maybe had something to do with it?

Old 01-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #26
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

DisMeet Time!

When I got to Studio Catering Company I didn't see her anywhere. She texted me that they went on the street but will be back soon and that they have a green stroller!

I stand around a little bit and look to the right and see them coming! Yay!! We said hi and gave hugs and I met Emme and she is sooooo cute. Seriously, the cutest little girl I have ever seen! She has the longest dark brown hair the biggest cheeks and the prettiest eyes. Such a pretty 3 year old!

Now it is time to head to the lights. We get in the street and of course it was crazy because they haven't started. I told Emmebear that she should go to the light switch and see the light switch be flipped.

We talked for a bit about how we both started liking Disney and different experiences we have had. We talked about her hotel and it was really cheap and nice with 3 bedrooms!

Next it was time for the lights to start so the switch was flipped and the lights start dancing. Emme loved it!! She was looking all over the place and just wanted to stand up in her stroller and see everything. Her mom got her a baby Simba toy that she loved and was holding.

It was so cool to see the lights again especially when I didn't think I would see them until this December. Here is my photo collage. They aren't that great!

We stopped and took some more pictures and emmebear gave me some photography tips! She is very into DSLRs and actually photographs on the side.

She hello Kittied us! How cute!!

Then we decided to wait in line to get the main photopass in front of the toy soldiers. I hot a hazelnut hot chocolate which was disappointing because it didn't taste like hazelnut at all but the hot chocolate was good.

The music stopped just before we were going to get our picture so we had to wait. The CM working the line took Emme and started dancing with her. It was super cute!!!

Here we are! I look horrible!

We decided to walk around a little bit more then have some other fun in HS!

Now that we finished touring the Osborne Lights we decided to ride Star Tours.

I was a little worried that Emme would be scared but we decided to go on it. She loved it! she loves Angry Birds Star Wars so we kept saying it was Angry Birds Star Wars.

She was a little loose in the chairs but she had fun. Us older people felt a little queasy after though. It was a cool sequence that i haven't got before. Normally I get the one where a big pokey thing comes in to the glass.

Luckily she had a car so we didn't have to take a bus. We took the car and headed to Boma. How nice it is to have a car!

Last edited by rachel09985; 01-22-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #27
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Boma Dinner

Tonight we had a reservation at Boma around 7:45/8:45? I don't really remember all I know was it was later than I normally eat. But I was ok with that! Emmebear booked this reservation and this is the reservation that we were originally just going to meet for but it turned into HS and the next day at MK which was awesome!

We dropped her car off with valet because I guess valet is free with tables in wonderland. That was nice!

I was really excited to have dinner here. Corey would never eat dinner at Boma because he is very picky so this was the only chance I had to eat here. We have been to breakfast at Boma but never dinner. Emmebear loves Boma so I was excited! She raved about the carrot ginger soup and I was excited to try that.

After we got into the building I saw an amazing sight: The Christmas Tree!!!

I did NOT think I would see any resort Christmas decoration so I was stunned and excited to see this tree. It was so beautiful!

We get to the restaurant and check in even though we were a bit early.

They let us in early!

Pretty tree in the lobby!

We had a table in the window which is funny because every time I have been to the restaurant I have sat at the tables by the window! In November I only sat one table over from where I was this time.

Emmebear wanted to order a drink so I decided to order one too!

I got the Superfruit margarita topped with lemon lime foam! It was delicious and I loved the foam.

The carrot ginger soup was delicious! It was a little thicker than I thought it would be but it was good and tasted like butternut squash soup.

Emme was a little cranky in the beginning but she got much better! She is just so cute! She was watching videos on her moms phone which entertained her for the meal.

My first plate:

I loved the rice with the tomato paneer. It was basically just cheese cubes with a tomato curry sauce. It was delicious! The meat wasn't that great but the boma mustard was good on it!

I must not have a picture of my other plate but this dessert plate was amazing!!! they have great desserts. I had zebra domes before but didn't like it. I liked this zebra dome!

We had a great time at Boma. We didn't leave till 10pm. I was exhausted when I got back to my hotel and fell right asleep! I normally don't sleep well in value beds but I was so exhausted this trip that I fell right asleep!

We had to be up really early because we had a reservation at Crystal Palace at 8:05am!

Last edited by rachel09985; 01-24-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #29
Isthatyoutiger
DVC Member SSR Jan 2007

The Carrot Ginger Soup is the best!! I love eating at Boma.

Really enjoying your TR.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

August 1998 Offsite -August 2000 Wilderness Lodge - December 2001 CBR - June 2003 AKL - December 2004 WL - January 2007 WL (20 yr Anniversary) - Joined DVC SSR Jan 2007
-June 2007 SSR - June 2008 SSR - August 2009 SSR - August 2010 DVC AKL Kidani Village - November 2011 Family B-Day Celebration DVC AKL Jumbo House -
Upcoming Trip - August 2013 BCV & Vero Beach
Old 01-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #30
SusieBea
DIS Veteran

Well, this is fun! I'm in ...
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (2) & OKW Grand Villa; 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; UPCOMING TRIPS: - 2014: GFV & OKW - Sept; SSR & OKW - December

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: