Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran

Florida Resident Ticket Question

My mother is a Florida resident and will be joining us on our trip in July. She does not necessarily want to go to the park each of the 8 days that we are there. But, for her to join us for meals, she will need to get in the parks for a few days and may need the PH option. We also plan to go to TL and/or BB during the week as well, so she may need the WPFM option.

My question is, does the 4-day FL resident PH+WPFM only cover 4 full days, or are there 4 WP entitlements and 4 park entitlements, which could be used on 8 different days?

I think I know what the answer will be, but I frequently see people posting about 10D PH/WPFM/NE and having separate WP entitlements.
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, Jambo Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidanifan08 View Post
My mother is a Florida resident and will be joining us on our trip in July. She does not necessarily want to go to the park each of the 8 days that we are there. But, for her to join us for meals, she will need to get in the parks for a few days and may need the PH option. We also plan to go to TL and/or BB during the week as well, so she may need the WPFM option.

My question is, does the 4-day FL resident PH+WPFM only cover 4 full days, or are there 4 WP entitlements and 4 park entitlements, which could be used on 8 different days?

I think I know what the answer will be, but I frequently see people posting about 10D PH/WPFM/NE and having separate WP entitlements.
Just like regular MYW tickets, the FL resident tickets with WPF&M and PH will cover 4 theme park admissions (and re-admissions on the same day) per day and 4 water park/more fun admissions. These can be used on the same day or different days, so you could get 8 days worth of admission or less as long as they are all used within 14 days of first use.

Walt Disney World Resort

March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop, AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort
October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)
Disneyland Resort
August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)
Upcoming
Walt Disney World June 2014 (GF for 5 Nights/5 Days)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Actually, looking at it, it appears you can use any entitlements within six months of first use or before December 13 (whichever comes first).

Walt Disney World Resort

March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop, AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort
October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)
Disneyland Resort
August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)
Upcoming
Walt Disney World June 2014 (GF for 5 Nights/5 Days)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #4
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

This post includes the assumption you have a ten day MYW ticket with both the Park Hopper and Water Park Fun and More (WPF&M) options.

(Note, if you have a ticket of fewer than ten days, insert the number of days you have any time you see the number "ten" in this post.)

Hopefully this will make it a little clearer. In effect you have two tickets with different privileges on one card. Everything expires 14 days after first use unless you have the no-expire (NE) option. If you have the NE option all the entitlements are good until they are used up. Even if you use up all your major park days, the WPF&M entries
remain valid until used. (Note you do not have to use the days consecutively.)

You have ten days of access to the four major parks (AK, DHS, EC, MK), and may visit more than one major park on a single day without any extra charges. Without the Park Hopper option you can only go to one major park per day.

You have ten entries to the minor parks (BB, DQ, OT, TL, WWS, FG, WSL). These may or may not be used on the same days as you go to the major parks. However, if you went to TL in the morning, Oak Trail* in the afternoon, and Disney Quest in the evening of one day you would have used three of the ten entries. (Note that leaving and returning to the same minor park on the same day does not use an extra entry.)

If you go to minor parks only on one day and do not go to a major park you do not use up one of your major park days.

If you were to go to a Water Park in the morning and then one of the major parks for the remainder of the day you would have used one minor park entry and one day of major park entry.

Note that with the MYW ticket unless you have the hopper option you can only go to one major park per day. Unless you have the WPF&M option you cannot go to a minor park without upgrading or purchasing a separate ticket.

*Oak Trail is a nine-hole "Executive" walking (no carts) golf course. Each person must have their own set of clubs and they can be rented for $15 per person if they don't bring their own.

Note if you have only a Base (non-hopper) ticket the cost to add WPF&M to any ticket is $60.71 (including tax) per ticket. If you already have hopping on your ticket, the cost to add WPF&M to the ticket is $23.23.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:03 AM   #5
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran

Thank you, both! This should work out well for my mother, then. I figure she can come to the water parks on the two days we are planning and then visit one of the major parks on each of 4 other days. That will give her 6 park days, which will probably be more than she wants anyway

Who knows, maybe we will even try to get in a visit to DQ and FG. Although, I can't imagine miniature golf in the July heat
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, Jambo Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: