Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #31
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boos14 View Post
We just returned from the disney cruise to find that my son had packed 2 of the bath towels in his suitcase. Will. They charge me for these.
You better believe it! I guarantee the next time you cruise you will be paying a much higher cruise fare. So when you wonder, why does it cost so much more than before, you will understand they are replacing those hundreds or thousands of bath towels.

Welcome to the DIS!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #32
mrslaney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink
One of my favorite souvenirs to buy is a Disney Beach Towel from the ship or Castaway Cay...though they do take up a lot of room in a suitcase."
What do they charge for the souvenir beach towels at Castaway Cay? I want one too, just wondering if I should buy one on eBay before I travel.
mrslaney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #33
ChrizJen
I am not a Koala Bear at the zoo!!
Sorry about the lack of linkage
Oh, I can't believe what I let you people rope me into!!

I don't understand being offended by it.
While I'm sure there are plenty of people who take things intentionally from the rooms, I would venture to guess that most instances are accidental. Either way, it's just DCL's way of placing it fresh in your head while you pack.
I know how hectic packing can be on that last night, and I just look at it as a little extra reminder to be careful what you (or your little ones) are placing into suitcases and bags.
Unless I felt guilty about something, I would never take offense to a friendly reminder like that. I know I would never take anything off the ship that didn't belong to me. So I have nothing to feel guilty about.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #34
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

I think the note card is funny. Every time I see it I talk to DH about the idiots who really think that all the stuff in the cabin is "free." Not the OP of course. Obviously you care enough to post about it. I really think you will be fine. We have 2 kids and we go through so many towels a day I'm not sure how our room attendant could keep track. Dirty ones go on the floor, new ones get put up. I doubt he was counting.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #35
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslaney View Post
What do they charge for the souvenir beach towels at Castaway Cay? I want one too, just wondering if I should buy one on eBay before I travel.
Oh Gosh....I want to say $15? They are really cute, shaped like surfboards.

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #36
Musicalmommy
Earning My Ears

Hum...I wonder what they charge if you take the card that says that you will be charged??.
I kid I kid.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #37
mrslaney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink

Oh Gosh....I want to say $15? They are really cute, shaped like surfboards.
Thank you!
mrslaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #38
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

I recall most beach towels for sale at CC were $20. I never bought the surf board shaped one though but have many others.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:42 PM   #39
missj1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicalmommy View Post
Hum...I wonder what they charge if you take the card that says that you will be charged??.
I kid I kid.
Ummm, I actual took a similar card like that from our room at Art of Animation. And it has been six months and still no extra charges on my credit card. Let me apologize to everyone for single-handedly being the reason Disney raises their prices this year .

And since I know someone is dying to know why I took the card: because I thought the card was hilarious if not a tad bit insulting. If you stay at the Ariel rooms at Art of Animation, there are lots of cool decorations, decorations that I would love to have but never thought of taking. Apparently Disney is worried someone will actually try to fit a mirror or chair in their suitcase.
missj1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #40
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj1975
If you stay at the Ariel rooms at Art of Animation, there are lots of cool decorations, decorations that I would love to have but never thought of taking. Apparently Disney is worried someone will actually try to fit a mirror or chair in their suitcase.
Oh I loved that mirror above the table and chairs set!!!!! I drove from Tampa and could easily fit it into my car LOL!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:59 AM   #41
Plaid Princess
Recovering CM, Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by missj1975 View Post
Apparently Disney is worried someone will actually try to fit a mirror or chair in their suitcase.
You'd be shocked at how disrespectful and entitled people can be.

My favorite Disney hotel memory from my time working there: the group that inflated a kiddie pool IN their hotel room (The room was pool view, BTW).

I've watched people empty whole condiment stands into their backpacks.

Plaid Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #42
cleophus12
DIS Veteran

suggestion?

I have also seen it suggested on these boards that if you want to be certain you are not charged for things like the pillow or wave phones in particular, that you might take a picture with that day's Navigator before leaving your stateroom as evidence that it was there when you left. Sounds a little extreme maybe, but if it gives you peace of mind, then it might work in case there is any question.
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #43
truck1
Growing older but not up.

Personally I'm not offended about the note showing up. If anything I'm more annoyed with those people who think they are entitled to what ever they want. Accidents happen occasionally where a towel will be mixed up in laundry or a clothes hanger is grabbed in a rush. Its those that do it deliberately that DCL is saying enough. I read a book by Lee Cockerell and Disney as a whole leaves things out for guest souvenirs. Like the pens stationary etc. The expect it and the cast even got involved when Disney tried to put a stop to it. They expect the shampoos and soaps to go home with a guest. If you figure an average( I'm just making up a number. I could be way off) of 20 pillows let say that go home with a guest after each cruise x 4 ships, it gets expensive after a while to keep replacing them. Thats just pillows not counting glasses, ice buckets etc. Now if DCL made it known that more products were available at a given location things might be different or at least not as wide spread.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #44
ZoeBell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohanaMAMA
Reminds me of when we were leaving the hospital with dd12. I asked the nurse what belonged to us and what we should leave and she said "honey, if it aint nailed to the wall, you were already charged for it, so take it away" LOL We ended up with 8 or 10 recieving blankets..a couple 6 packs of formula.. a pack of diapers.. totally offtopic.. but funny to me.
As someone who works in a hospital's newborn nursery I can assure you the linen(blankets, cloth diapers and t-shirt) are not to be taken home. Anything else in your baby's crib can be taken home as it would be thrown in the garbage on d you left.
ZoeBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #45
txaggie94gigem
Cruisin' with Disney
Water is #1

First...I am "entitled" to this...:dr inking1

So I understand the need for the card...ESP with the new linens that have the dcl logo on them....I was on the maiden voyage of the Dream and heard of people taking salt and pepper shakers from the dining rooms and cases of champagne glasses that each person was given at sail away ( yes free but supposed to be one per person). I can imagine that tons of little stuff disappears every day but it all adds up...I know I would appreciate knowing about the changes because years ago we were told by our room attendant to use the towels to wrap breakables in....they even brought us extras to do so! If I had not heard about the changes or seen the card I would be in shock if I saw charges after the cruise for something I thought was ok....knowing all this I will not be removing any linens for any reason!
Disney Magic 8 day Bahamas April 26, 2013; Disney Magic Anniversary cruise Feb 5, 2013; WDW 2012; Universal 2011 (the shame!); Disney Dream Dec 2011; Disney Dream Maiden Voyage Jan 2011; WDW Dec 2010; WDW June 2010; WDW May 2009; Disney Magic May 2008 Panama Canal; Disney Magic May 12, 2007 1st Transatlantic Crossing to the Med; Disney Magic Nov 2006 Castaway Cay Double Dip; Disneyland June 2006; Disney Magic Oct 2005; Disney Wonder Nov 2004; WDW Nov 2004; WDW Jan 1993; WDW May 1988

txaggie94gigem is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: