Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #91
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney4life222
This is happening to me too. One of mine is still in submission and the other one is in progress. I applied for these February 3rd as they both had a February 8th deadline, however, one of them has changed to a March 8th deadline. Did everyone write cover letters for all of their PI applications even though it didn't ask for it?
I didn't write any cover letters. They didn't ask for them and it's not a factor in getting a screening interview. I'd rather answer a question about my past experience and my break between work and then university as they are posed to me instead of over explaining in a letter.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #92
jtwescoat
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollsey View Post
I'm really, really late to the game, haha, but I can't stop a nagging feeling that I should be applying to an Alumni-Only PI. But I have a question.

How strict are they with your major when you apply to one of the Alumni-Only PI? I'm an English - Creative Writing major, and there are ZERO PIs that I saw that pertain to writing and allow for an English major (if I see one that relates in any way, like editing, it says a Communications major is required ). I'm interested in the Guest Relations-related PIs, and I do have some guest service experience at my current job. Would I be silly applying to these even though my major doesn't really relate? My dream is to write for Disney Imagineering or Disney publications, but I'm kind of terrified that an opportunity to get my foot in the door for writing will never come up. I do really enjoy the Guest Relations aspect of my job, though, so I Would definitely be happy if I got a Guest Relations or related PI.

Ah! I should have come home from my CP and changed my major to Communications. Might have had a shot at a writing PI that way.
English majors are normally related to communications. A lot of what we do in communications is writing so they will love that aspect of your application. I suggest studying AP (Associated Press) style too so you can add that to your qualifications.
jtwescoat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #93
Hollsey
Finding my laughing place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwescoat View Post
English majors are normally related to communications. A lot of what we do in communications is writing so they will love that aspect of your application. I suggest studying AP (Associated Press) style too so you can add that to your qualifications.
Ah! That makes me feel so much better! Thanks! My plan B if I didn't get a PI was obviously doing the CP again (which I already applied for), and then going back to school for something and try again for a PI. This gives me a little bit more hope that all is not lost on me!

Off I go to study up on AP writing and brush up on my resume in hopes of not being too late in the application process!
Summer, 1996 ~ All Star Music Resort // Summer 1999 ~ All Star Sports Resort // June 2003 ~ All Star Movies Resort // July 2007 ~ Coronado Springs Resort // June 2010 - January 2011 ~ CP at All Star Music Resort's Intermission Food Court // August 2011 ~ Coronado Springs Resort // December 2011 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge

What happens when a Creative Writing nerd starts a Disney College Program Blog
Hollsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #94
Disney PI Hopeful
Earning My Ears

My initial screening interview is in 30 mins!
Disney PI Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #95
Dustinbrady1215
Earning My Ears

Had my phone interview last week for the various marketing PIs. Has anyone here ever been a marketing pi? Just have a few questions about the process and the marketing program in general.
Dustinbrady1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #96
Dustinbrady1215
Earning My Ears

Red face

Also, I saw that PIs can get housing first come first serve. Anyone know how fast those typically fill up or what the process is to get it? Obviously you need to get accepted into the program first but I was just looking for some further details. Thanks.
Dustinbrady1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #97
cagirl4life
Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!!

So I have applied for the WDW Parks Summer Engineering PI, I know that I need full availability during that time. I am in 2 weddings in CA in July/August and a weekend trip planned to Vegas. What are my chances of getting off for the weddings? Is this PI a normal Monday to Friday job? If so I would only need a day off for both but that would be the same week and I would rather the week off. This is the one thing I am concerned about if I ever get to that point.

DL: to many times to count, last trip August 2013!
WDW: July 1998 (Off Site); February 2006 (CBR); April 2006 (AS Sports); February 2007 (ASM); February 2008 (ASM); April 2008 (CBR); June 2008 (SSR); January 2010 (AS Sports)
cagirl4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #98
DD at the U
Earning My Ears

Hey! I'm new here, but looking for support going through the PI application process. I haven't done a CP and I graduated with a degree in biology in December so this round is really my last shot.

I've applied for 4 PIs:
Agriculture Science - Biotechnology
Agriculture Scicene - Plant Science
Animal Programs - Reproductive Biology
Animal Science Environment Project Management Internship

So far for the first three I'm "in progress" and have received direct emails from the hiring department requesting additional info. No interviews scheduled. The last one I'm "submitted".

Does anyone know about these science related PIs? Or if they will wait until March 8th to start scheduling interviews and making decisions?

Thanks in advance! All this worrying is driving me nuts!
DD at the U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #99
DD at the U
Earning My Ears

Oh yeah, and does anybody have input on the PI housing??
Old 02-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #100
DD at the U
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagirl4life View Post
So I have applied for the WDW Parks Summer Engineering PI, I know that I need full availability during that time. I am in 2 weddings in CA in July/August and a weekend trip planned to Vegas. What are my chances of getting off for the weddings? Is this PI a normal Monday to Friday job? If so I would only need a day off for both but that would be the same week and I would rather the week off. This is the one thing I am concerned about if I ever get to that point.
I had looked into programs previously and knew I had an event (a family member's graduation) during the length of the internship. I emailed the PI general questions contact email and they said they would be accommodating for a situation like that. So they may be understanding if you let them know in advance. You could email the program email and see what they say.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:37 AM   #101
mrsxsparrow
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! I'm not a Fall 2013 hopeful, but I AM a current Guest Relations PI. Just found this thread so I figured I'd pop in and say hello and good luck to everyone!

I'm also currently living in PI housing. So if anyone has any questions about anything related to the program, the role, interview process, housing, etc, just let me know!
Old 02-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #102
DD at the U
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsxsparrow View Post
Hey everyone! I'm not a Fall 2013 hopeful, but I AM a current Guest Relations PI. Just found this thread so I figured I'd pop in and say hello and good luck to everyone!

I'm also currently living in PI housing. So if anyone has any questions about anything related to the program, the role, interview process, housing, etc, just let me know!
Hi Nicole! I was interested in knowing more about the PI housing. How do you like it? Is it weird having so many roommates? Is it in a good location for most PIs? Thanks in advance!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #103
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsxsparrow View Post

I'm coming for your job!!! haha Just kidding... kind of. Guest Relations was my top choice for role. So I've heard different things, but is there a second interview for guest relations or any of the Alumni positions? Do you get scheduled at different parks? Do you or can you be scheduled to give tours like keys to the kingdom or backstage magic? Do the GR PIs get trained to be VIP guides? Before accepting your role is it possible to find out if there is available housing? I don't want to give up my CP acceptance for the PI and then find out that there is no room in PI housing and end up not being able to do either. Do you sign up for PI housing online or is it whoever gets down to Florida first get the available rooms?

Sorry for so many questions!
leeg229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #104
jtwescoat
Earning My Ears

Got my interview set up for Monday. Any tips?
jtwescoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #105
DD at the U
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwescoat View Post
Got my interview set up for Monday. Any tips?
What PI are you interviewing for? I suggest reviewing your resume and staying calm!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: