Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #31
AliSW
\

I'm sure everything depends on which PIs you apply for, but in marketing are there usually many spots for each? are they more competitive than others? I know there's a ton of different ones in marketing/business but I haven't really picked any specifically haha.
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #32
LisaB26
Earning My Ears

Questions!

Hi fellow PI hopefuls!

After a recent trip to visit the mouse, I've decided to move there... permanently! (I'm over Colorado winters!) I'm excited to be able to apply for these internships, but I'm wondering if I don't get one if I should apply to the CP....?

Also, does anyone know what the pay difference is between PI and CP? Or how much do you make in the CP?

Good luck to you all!!
LisaB26 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #33
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaB26 View Post
Hi fellow PI hopefuls!

After a recent trip to visit the mouse, I've decided to move there... permanently! (I'm over Colorado winters!) I'm excited to be able to apply for these internships, but I'm wondering if I don't get one if I should apply to the CP....?

Also, does anyone know what the pay difference is between PI and CP? Or how much do you make in the CP?

Good luck to you all!!
Many people apply to the CP as a back up. Because you need to be in school or on a CP to apply for a PI. I'm applying to the CP for this season too. If you accept a CP role and then you are offered a PI they will let you transfer your program fees as well. So really no worries there!

The pay difference varies. I believe most CP roles are $7.60 to $9 an hour while PI ranges from $11 to upwards of $18.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #34
cagirl4life
Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionDreamer View Post
Disappointed not to see any availabilities in Imagineering, or any other opportunities for those with a background in architecture, design or construction management. I was really excited to try for an Imagineering PI, but after some further research, it sounds like internships in Imagineering only open up on an "as-needed basis." There go my immediate plans for working for Disney my first few months out of college when I graduate this spring... unless I either do a second CP or try for a PI in a field I don't have experience in, which I might at this point.
I was in the same boat. I was looking for a WDI or parks engineering PI but there is only a WDW engineering PI that I can find. As far as WDI there is a Contracts Administrator that I am going for which from the description I believe is in the Engineering department over there. I figure an in with WDI is an in, even if its not exactly in the field I want. So I would look at that one (requisition id 81052BR). I am also going to apply for CP (deciding between WDW and DLR). I applied for CP my junior year but didn't get it at DLR. I got all the way to interviews. I am graduating in May so if I don't get a PI I want to have another opportunity to apply.

DL: to many times to count, last trip August 2013!
WDW: July 1998 (Off Site); February 2006 (CBR); April 2006 (AS Sports); February 2007 (ASM); February 2008 (ASM); April 2008 (CBR); June 2008 (SSR); January 2010 (AS Sports)
cagirl4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #35
cagirl4life
Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!!

I just kinda wanted to introduce myself. I am Callie and a mechanical engineering student graduating in May. I would love to work for WDI in there ride design department. I plan on applying for some PIs and also CP like others.

The PIs I am going for are:
-WDW Engineer (summer)
-WDI Contract Administrator
-ESPN Engineer (summer) (though I am pretty sure I'm going to NILC on this one because of when I am graduating)
-Sourcing & Procurement (summer)
-Mission Critical Facilities

DL: to many times to count, last trip August 2013!
WDW: July 1998 (Off Site); February 2006 (CBR); April 2006 (AS Sports); February 2007 (ASM); February 2008 (ASM); April 2008 (CBR); June 2008 (SSR); January 2010 (AS Sports)
cagirl4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:14 AM   #36
DisneyGirlie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaB26 View Post
Hi fellow PI hopefuls!

Good luck to you all!!
I would for sure apply for a CP for a back up, especially if you are moving permanently. That's exactly what I did. I'm glad because I obviously didn't get a PI when I was planning to. Some days I regret doing another CP because it feels like a step backwards instead of moving forwards and CPs get no benefits like full time does. People often ask me why I didn't just apply for full time prior to moving here and I have 2 reasons. 1. CP was a guaranteed job and job start date. Wait lists for full time roles can vary in length so I wanted something secure when I got here. 2. I wanted one last shot to apply for PIs and since I graduated being in the CP lets me still be eligible and keep "student" status.

I also found out that you can apply for full time while on your CP. I believe someone told me it was up to 6 weeks before your program's end date. So, depending on wait list length, it's possible to have a full time position waiting for you when your program ends. That's the tactic I'll be using if I don't get a PI (again )

Good luck!
1994-2004 Off-site * Spring 2005 Caribbean Beach- Martinique * Spring 2006 All-Star Movies- Fantasia * Nov. 18- Nov. 24 2006 Pop Century- '50s * March 2nd-7th 2007 Pop Century- '80s * Oct. 12- Oct. 17th 2007 Pop Century- '60s * Feb. 2- Feb. 8th 2008 Polynesian- Hawaii*Sept. 27th-Oct. 3rd 2008 Grand Floridian- Boca Chica*Dec. 13- Dec 17th 2008 Port Orleans Riverside- Oak Manor*May 16- May 23rd 2009 Beach Club Resort*Aug. 10-Aug. 13th 2009 Pop Century- '50s.*Dec. 10- Dec. 13th 2009 Yacht Club Resort*March 6-10th 2010 Contemporary MK View*July 31st- Aug 7th 2010 Contemporary MK View
October 27-October 30 2010 Pop Century*Animal Kingdom Lodge- Dec. 11-16th 2010*June 8th-13th 2011 Coronado Springs- Cabanas.* Fall Advantage College Program 6/11-1/12*Boardwalk Inn August 2012*October 2012 All-Star Sports*January 2013 Port Orleans French Quarter*1/21/13-8/13 Spring Advantage College Program
DisneyGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #37
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Okay I sent in my application for Alumni Only positions. Now I need to focus on my MI and other PIs! I didn't realize how stressful it would be to update my resume and cover letter for each one! I really want to take my time to make sure they are getting my best effort!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #38
pipermae
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! I just applied for some PIs and I am so excited! I have my first phone interview on Thursday and I'm super nervous!
May&June 2010 - POP w/ new friends!
March 2011 - All Star Sports to celebrate our engagement!
August 2011 thru January 2012 - Disney College Program, Attractions Hostess at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
January 2012 to January 2013 - Seasonal Cast Member at Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (visited in June and October in 2012)
March 2013 - Married at Disney World on 03-13-13!
Fall 2013 DCP - Attractions (Location: Sum of All Thrills)
pipermae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #39
sfgadv02
Earning My Ears

Hey everyone, I did a CP back in Spring 2010 and stayed seasonal for the past 3 years. I'm interested in the PI for my major in accounting. The problem is, I'll be taking a summer class from June-Aug and won't be available until mid-Aug. Is the PI a 6 month long program or is it like a CP where it starts towards the end of August-January. What are the chances for finance/accounting roles? Thanks!
sfgadv02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #40
ibaw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfgadv02 View Post
Hey everyone, I did a CP back in Spring 2010 and stayed seasonal for the past 3 years. I'm interested in the PI for my major in accounting. The problem is, I'll be taking a summer class from June-Aug and won't be available until mid-Aug. Is the PI a 6 month long program or is it like a CP where it starts towards the end of August-January. What are the chances for finance/accounting roles? Thanks!
SFGADV02: I participated in the Accounting/Finance PI. They take in a large number of participants (somewhere between 20-30, varies each time based on budgets, need etc). Unfortunately, it is 6 months and all participants start in late June for the Fall. This is necessary as there is a lot of group training, classes and presentations etc.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #41
sfgadv02
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibaw View Post
SFGADV02: I participated in the Accounting/Finance PI. They take in a large number of participants (somewhere between 20-30, varies each time based on budgets, need etc). Unfortunately, it is 6 months and all participants start in late June for the Fall. This is necessary as there is a lot of group training, classes and presentations etc.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!
Awesome! When did you do the program? What are some things they asked for during the interview? Were you experienced in your field?
sfgadv02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #42
coorsie
Mouseketeer

Just scheduled a phone interview for the F&B MI tomorrow! Anyone have any insight as to what the first interview usually consists of?

coorsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #43
Ikcerog
The Adventures Continue

Thumbs up Back for more

Greetings all; welcome to the new comers, and hello again to those who are familiar with the PI process.

I am a former CP, and had my phone interview for the Alumni Only positions yesterday (Wednesday, Feb. 6), and I believe it went well; it was a bit short, at 11.75 minutes, but I feel good about it.

For my three preferred roles, I selected:
- Disney Ticketing Projects & Administration
- Disney Reservation Center Project Support
- Park Event Operations Assistant

In any case, wishing all the best to those who will be waiting along with me; hoping to keep my anxiety subdued through the coming months, though I'll be checking my Dashboard every chance I get! Lol

Best of luck!

Ikcerog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #44
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikcerog View Post
Greetings all; welcome to the new comers, and hello again to those who are familiar with the PI process.

I am a former CP, and had my phone interview for the Alumni Only positions yesterday (Wednesday, Feb. 6), and I believe it went well; it was a bit short, at 11.75 minutes, but I feel good about it.

For my three preferred roles, I selected:
- Disney Ticketing Projects & Administration
- Disney Reservation Center Project Support
- Park Event Operations Assistant

In any case, wishing all the best to those who will be waiting along with me; hoping to keep my anxiety subdued through the coming months, though I'll be checking my Dashboard every chance I get! Lol

Best of luck!
Hello, My interview is tomorrow! Do you mind sharing what types of questions you were asked? Were you asked any specific ones for the Park Event Operations Assistant?
Old 02-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #45
Ikcerog
The Adventures Continue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
Hello, My interview is tomorrow! Do you mind sharing what types of questions you were asked? Were you asked any specific ones for the Park Event Operations Assistant?
Glad to share. My interviewer opened by asking me what I hoped to gain from the experience. She then asked questions prompting me to discuss a leadership role in an academic setting, as well as two of my previous jobs which were more guest/customer oriented; much dealing with time management, the difficulties of varying situations, etc.

Then she moved on to the more role-specific questions. For Event Ops, I think the question was whether or not I was comfortable speaking and delivering information to large audiences.

All the best for your interview; I'm sure you'll field any of these general screening-type questions easily.

Last edited by Ikcerog; 02-07-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Ikcerog is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: