Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
jrtoastyman
Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

Celebrating Daughter's 4th Birthday

Will be at WDW in 4 days (!!!!!) and will be celebrating my daughter's 4th birthday while we're there, kinda. We're not going to WDW to celebrate her birthday, but we're going to be there very near her birthday, so we thought we'd celebrate it while we're there.

What have people done when you're celebrating a bday for a little one that isn't actually occurring that day? If she were older, it would be easy to just pick a day and declare that her "birthday" for the purposes of the celebration where she wears the button around, etc., but with her being so young and rather sassy, this is guaranteed to happen:

CM: Happy Birthday!
DD3: Silly, it's not my birthday!

...And then the CM looks up at us with a "what the heck?" kind of look.

Tips?

Owner since June 2011

Upcoming: BLT (Jan 2015)
DLR (July 2014) - DLR (May 2014) - BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011 + UO/IOA) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)
jrtoastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
Kristian
Mouseketeer

You can have your dd wear a birthday button for the entire trip. Many people wear them for the duration of a trip if they are at Disney during/around their birthday and I see nothing wrong with that. As far as having an actual celebration, I would just pick a day as a "celebration day" and go with it. Order her a cake at a special character dinner or something along those lines. If she comments to anyone that it isn't her birthday, I think that a quick explanation from you would do the trick. Simply say that her Birthday is coming up very soon, so you decided to celebrate at Disney. Lots of people celebrate a special occasion at Disney if they are going to be there anytime near the actual date and the CM's are well aware of this, so I wouldn't stress it.

Kristian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

We did this twice and my dd was confused at first but then she enjoyed the attention and stopped correcting everyone.
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Our trip next month is to celebrate DGD's 5th birthday. Her birthday is 3/11, smack in the middle of spring break season. Rather than deal with the crowds (and extra costs for resorts) we are arriving 2/27 and departing 3/8. Close enough in my book. All reservations we made for the trip include that it's her birthday. I have a cake coming to CM on 3/2. I am arranging to have balloons and gifts in our room upon arrival. As far as we are concerned, every day of the trip is her "birthday". I plan to make the most of it
AngiTN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: