Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #1111
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Is it wrong that I want both???? Honestly they could put me in the basement and I would be happy enough! I lurk on most the DVC resort threads- minus SSR.... And the poly I soooo want to stay there... Thinking a night or two in the beginning of a trip.
Well, you can go up to the lounge to see the castle. Not as cool as your balcony, but still.

I just saw the Poly's refurbed rooms on Jess' DCP thread. They are so nice!! I was never interested in staying there because it seemed so dark, but these are much better. We ate at Kona last year and DH has no interest in staying there. Same thing with AKL. I dont know what is wrong with him.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #1112
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd post with a quick update.

I have removed my ticker because, once again, plans are up in the air about the 2014 trip. But this time it's for a good reason! After many years of thinking about it, we're seriously considering a Vegas trip next year! So I'm losing my mind now trying to figure out where to stay, what to do, how much it's all going to cost, if it will actually be do-able, etc. It's way more overwhelming than WDW, IMO - there's like a million hotels!

If we end up doing the Vegas thing, we have to cut down on the days at WDW. If we don't, we can do WDW as planned with no changes. At this point in time, I *think* we can do both, depending on how close I'm figuring with the $$$. The only downside is this means I definitely have to give up on the solo trip for 2014 as the Vegas trip would replace that (and I was getting so close to a "yes", too!).

My husband has already said he'd rather do Vegas than WDW (no surprise there), so as far as he's concerned we can cut out WDW alltogether (not gonna happen). I'll cut back on days before I completely give it up. A little WDW is better than no WDW at all, I figure, right?

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #1113
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post

I have removed my ticker because, once again, plans are up in the air about the 2014 trip. But this time it's for a good reason! After many years of thinking about it, we're seriously considering a Vegas trip next year! So I'm losing my mind now trying to figure out where to stay, what to do, how much it's all going to cost, if it will actually be do-able, etc. It's way more overwhelming than WDW, IMO - there's like a million hotels!

If we end up doing the Vegas thing, we have to cut down on the days at WDW. If we don't, we can do WDW as planned with no changes. At this point in time, I *think* we can do both, depending on how close I'm figuring with the $$$. The only downside is this means I definitely have to give up on the solo trip for 2014 as the Vegas trip would replace that (and I was getting so close to a "yes", too!).

My husband has already said he'd rather do Vegas than WDW (no surprise there), so as far as he's concerned we can cut out WDW alltogether (not gonna happen). I'll cut back on days before I completely give it up. A little WDW is better than no WDW at all, I figure, right?
DH has business in Vegas next year, I might follow him out there near the end and get a room and see if I can catch some sights with him.... I don't have a desire to go (gambling is not my thing, neither is shopping) But I am all for eating and trying somewhere new. This will be only if my MIL can watch our kiddos And I am in full agreement, some Disney is better than no Disney!!!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #1114
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yay for Vegas!! I have looked into it a couple times and I agree it is very overwhelming because I know nothing about it. It is so hard to know which hotels are nice enough without paying ridiculous amounts of money. At Disney,you know you might have an issue or two, but for the most part every room is clean and safe. We havent made it out there yet, but it is on the short list. I thought DH would insist on going there before Disney again, but he hasnt yet. We would want to gamble, so that just makes it that much more expensive (assuming you lose). . So, happy planning! And hope you can make both trips work!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 04-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #1115
Babycarl3rd
Earning My Ears

Quote:

DH and I plan to go to Vegas...someday! But I am with everyone else on not knowing what hotels are best value yet clean. We aren't gamblers and definately not shoppers. Our trip would be just to see the sights and to say we have been there. So looks like someone needs to lead the pack and let the rest of us know what to do when planning such a trip!
We thought about going there this year for our 10 year anniversary but DH really wanted a cruise so that's what I am planning now and why we have to wait until 2014 for Disney!

February 2011-POR
October 2012-ASM

December 2014-AOA
Babycarl3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #1116
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Vegas is fun - but it's been over 12 years since I was there so I'm sure a lot has changed. We didn't stay on the main part of the strip but down a little but still had a good time. I was only 25 and my brother 21 so we hit a few clubs (that probably have changed since!) We took a bus trip to the Hoover Dam which was pretty cool. My dad was an ironworker and we all went on a deal for their convenction (me, mom, dad & bro). It was fun and I'm glad I got to experience it. I did a lot more sighseeing then gambling (Don't like to waste my money!) THe different resorts are amazing!
DH has never been there and would like to but right now we agreed trips should be for the kids so ours will have to wait.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #1117
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Thanks you guys! I'm pretty excited about it, to tell you the truth. Don't get me wrong, I love WDW like crazy, but I want to see someplace new, too.

I am completely overwhelmed with the hotels. It truly is staggering trying to even narrow it down to a list of 10 or 15. I spent the majority of the day on Tripadvisor and hotel websites until I couldn't half see.

WDW is pretty easy in comparison - value, moderate, or deluxe, KWIM? And speaking of WDW, I doubt we'll be doing a DVC resort if we take both trips. But as long as we still do WDW, I guess it doesn't matter where we stay. Not like we spend a ton of time in the room anyhow.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #1118
SAT887
DIS Veteran

So I was thinking about creating a 2014 group on FB.... Should I?
Old 04-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #1119
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
So I was thinking about creating a 2014 group on FB.... Should I?
I don't do FB, but for those of you who do it would be fun - go for it!

Old 04-14-2013, 01:40 PM   #1120
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I don't do FB, but for those of you who do it would be fun - go for it!
Boo to you FB has its pros and cons. I do hate the reduction in privacy.... And that my family found me on it! Like moving 450 miles away from my mom and siblings wasn't a big enough hint! But now they are following me....
Old 04-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #1121
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Ok I need someone who wants me to add them as the first member to friend me on FB.....
Old 04-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #1122
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Boo to you FB has its pros and cons. I do hate the reduction in privacy.... And that my family found me on it! Like moving 450 miles away from my mom and siblings wasn't a big enough hint! But now they are following me....
My family keeps begging me to get on FB. I tell them if you really want to know how I'm doing or what my day was like, here's a real simple way to find out - pick up the phone.

You guys aren't going to abandon me here and leave me talking to myself, are you?

Old 04-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #1123
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My family keeps begging me to get on FB. I tell them if you really want to know how I'm doing or what my day was like, here's a real simple way to find out - pick up the phone.

You guys aren't going to abandon me here and leave me talking to myself, are you?
Never! I love Dis'ing
Old 04-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #1124
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok I need someone who wants me to add them as the first member to friend me on FB.....
Do u want to pm me your name?

Quote:

I think Dising is easier to have a conversation. And I love the smilies. So I will still be here everyday. FB is nice to ask a question and have all the answers right in one spot though. I check it daily, but spend 10 minutes on there versus my hours on the dis.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #1125
joanzie72
Mouseketeer

Quote:

My mom communicates with me by liking my statuses. HATE IT! Wish she would pick up the phone. Her excuse is "I don't know your schedule or you might be busy." I work Mon-Fri 8:30-5 every week for the past 4 years. Leave a message if I don't answer. Or I might just surprise you and answer my phone. she thinks it is totally ok to have a conversation on my wall. REALLY? Sorry that aint happening. grrrrr..

Sorry for the rant. Yes FB does have its pros and cons.
The comical DS (6)

joanzie72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: