Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #1096
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2clr View Post
We are going ahead with plans on buying a house. I'm REALLY hoping it doesn't interfere with my trip for next year. The money I'm saving for the trip is strictly for that purpose so we will be ok.

I'm excited and nervous about getting into a house as I keep hearing how much work it is, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't excited to have something of our own.

DBF is delusional as he thinks we can get into a place by end of summer! Inventory where we are looking is plentiful but it's the entire process that can take forever. However with DD5 starting kindergarten in September it would be ideal. I'm not getting my hopes up.

DD5 has been watching the vacation planning video almost every day and even DD2 has been sitting for longer periods watching it with her. I bought them piggy banks from the dollar store and they have been putting change into them daily. DD5 is excited to go to the bank and see how much she has saved. She knows when we "save a lot of money" we will be able to go back to Disney.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Congrats on making the decision to buy a home! Yes, it is a lot of work, but totally worth it. Best of luck finding the place of your dreams!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #1097
mom2clr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfire240 View Post
Sounds just like my house (DD will be 5 1 week from today and DS will be 3 in 2 weeks) but they keep wanting to watch the home movies! DS keeps on about "go back to Disney".

Good luck on the house! It is nice to own but does involve some work, but IMO it's worth it. (Except this week - painting, recarpet over the next week now the dishwasher croaked on us last night, stove is acting up - crazy week! And on a side, DH's truck was determined to much to fix to save so I should be getting a new car in the next few weeks and he gets mine )
I try to contain the Disney talk because DBF keeps saying I'm brainwashing the girls. DD5 talks about all the things she remembers from our trip last year (although part of me sometimes thinks she "remembers" because she is always watching YouTube or the planning video. )

DBF isn't very handy which is why I get nervous about things having to get fixed/repaired because he's also a tightwad and having to pay someone to do work will be a battle! My main criteria for the house is that it MUST be updated. I know new things can still croak, but if we can lessen our chances, then so be it.

I'm currently driving a 98 Nissan Maxima with over 154k miles and he talked about getting me a new car but I told him we should just take it in for a good tune up and save the money for the house...i.e. new living room furniture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
Congrats on making the decision to buy a home! Yes, it is a lot of work, but totally worth it. Best of luck finding the place of your dreams!
Thank you! We have narrowed how much we want to spend and where we want to look, so now we begin the actual touring of homes. I'm hoping when we find "the one" we will just know...is that too much to ask??

Jan '10 POFQ; Jul '10 POP; Sep '10 POP; May '12 POFQ
mom2clr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #1098
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I try to contain the Disney talk because DBF keeps saying I'm brainwashing the girls. DD5 talks about all the things she remembers from our trip last year (although part of me sometimes thinks she "remembers" because she is always watching YouTube or the planning video. )

DBF isn't very handy which is why I get nervous about things having to get fixed/repaired because he's also a tightwad and having to pay someone to do work will be a battle! My main criteria for the house is that it MUST be updated. I know new things can still croak, but if we can lessen our chances, then so be it.

I'm currently driving a 98 Nissan Maxima with over 154k miles and he talked about getting me a new car but I told him we should just take it in for a good tune up and save the money for the house...i.e. new living room furniture.

Not sure how old she was on her last trip but don't underestimate what she remembers. DD was 3 1/2 on her first trip which was 1 1/2 years ago and every so often she comes up with something that we forgot about or that we haven't talked about so it surprises me!

My car is a 2004 Envoy with 145,000 miles and DH's truck is 2001 with 240,000 so we figure it's time to put the truck to rest - he'll take over the Envoy probably until it dies and I'll get the new one. I'm just reluctant to going back to having a car payment - it's been so nice having them paid off..
Old 04-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #1099
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharper1496 View Post
for new carpet! It sounds like next years trip is going to be amazing.

I solved my stroller dilemma. I was cleaning out the basement storage room and found our Combi flare. I bought it when DS was little and put it down there when DD was born and we switched to a double and then completely forgot about it (we're not going to talk about the fact that I had so many strollers I actually forgot I owned one ) It folds small and very light for the bus, storage basket, sunshade, tall enough for both kids and the front bar comes off so they can get in and out themselves. Everything I wanted and best of all, FREE.
LOL, sounds like something I would do! Glad it all worked out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnygi View Post
Even though it is 18 months away, I am getting super excited for my next trip. Everyone thinks that I am crazy! We will be at the happiest place on earth from 9/19-928. Not sure where we are staying yet. Have stayed at CBR twice and loved it. But want to try something different. Stayed at CSR last trip. My absolute favorite thing about CSR is that is perfectly located centrally to everything and bus rides were so short to everywhere we went. I wasn't in love with the rest of the hotel though... Thinking about staying at port orleans but afraid it seems almost remote after CSR. Also very tempted to stay at Wilderness lodge. Love everything about this place, except the idea of sharing transportation with other hotels... Advice on hotels would be great.

Looking forward to most on this trip: MNSSHP, new mine train coaster, mymagic plus enabling the princesses to greet my daughter by name, and the expansion of potter world!!!
Love, love, LOVE Wilderness Lodge! We went in January one year, and even during that slow time never actually shared a bus...but I know at times they do share. we also drive, so only used the bus a handful of times over the week. IMO, having to share a bus is definitely worth it to go Deluxe!

Quote:
A good character breakfast IMO is Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House in AK- very good buffet
We ate at Tusker House (breakfast) on our last trip ~ we all loved it and it has become a must do for our next trip. It was also great to see Daisy, since she can be hard(er) to find in the parks.

Quote:
We are going ahead with plans on buying a house. I'm REALLY hoping it doesn't interfere with my trip for next year. The money I'm saving for the trip is strictly for that purpose so we will be ok.

I'm excited and nervous about getting into a house as I keep hearing how much work it is, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't excited to have something of our own.

DBF is delusional as he thinks we can get into a place by end of summer! Inventory where we are looking is plentiful but it's the entire process that can take forever. However with DD5 starting kindergarten in September it would be ideal. I'm not getting my hopes up.

DD5 has been watching the vacation planning video almost every day and even DD2 has been sitting for longer periods watching it with her. I bought them piggy banks from the dollar store and they have been putting change into them daily. DD5 is excited to go to the bank and see how much she has saved. She knows when we "save a lot of money" we will be able to go back to Disney.

I don't know...if you find a place with a buyer who is ready to move, I think you can defnitely be in by the end of summer! The past 3 houses we've bought we have been moved in within 1-2 montsh. Hope you find your dream house soon!
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #1100
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
A good character breakfast IMO is Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House in AK- very good buffet
Agree w/the Tusker House Breakfast - it was great and lots of fun!

Me DH DD DSIL DGD(5yr) DGD(2yr)

1975 OS 1978 DL 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995 Poly 2000 CBR2002, 2003 OS 2012, 2014 POFQ
middlesista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #1101
mom2clr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Not sure how old she was on her last trip but don't underestimate what she remembers. DD was 3 1/2 on her first trip which was 1 1/2 years ago and every so often she comes up with something that we forgot about or that we haven't talked about so it surprises me!

My car is a 2004 Envoy with 145,000 miles and DH's truck is 2001 with 240,000 so we figure it's time to put the truck to rest - he'll take over the Envoy probably until it dies and I'll get the new one. I'm just reluctant to going back to having a car payment - it's been so nice having them paid off..
She was just over 4 when we went last May so I guess I am underestimating her memory.

I paid off my car about 7 years ago so I know the feeling about not wanting to get into a car payment again. DBF has his work car so he uses that during the week. His personal car is a 96 Toyota Camry but he uses it only on weekends and very sparingly as when we go out as a family, we take my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
I don't know...if you find a place with a buyer who is ready to move, I think you can defnitely be in by the end of summer! The past 3 houses we've bought we have been moved in within 1-2 montsh. Hope you find your dream house soon!
This is good to know! I'd love to be settled before DD starts Kindergarten but knowing some of our friends have spent up to a year looking for their dream home, I'm a little apprehensive to get too excited too quickly. But I am an optimist.

Jan '10 POFQ; Jul '10 POP; Sep '10 POP; May '12 POFQ
mom2clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #1102
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharper1496 View Post
We have a date change, we're now Feb 2-8 and staying in an AoA cars suite the entire week. I found direct flights from Buffalo for $900 cheaper than flying from home so for that difference I'll suck it up and drive to the airport. I kept looking at our plans and I finally had to admit that trying a split with such a short stay anyway was impractical, especially when I'm the only one who is really attached to the idea of a wilderness cabin. DH and the kids wouldn't mind one, he's just not in love with the idea the way I am and I know nothing is going to compare to AoA for the kids at this age. So it's AoA this time, offsite for the 2015 birthday trip and I guess we're going to need either a second 2015 trip or an early 2016 trip where I will be sleeping in a cabin. If they don't like it they can go sleep on a DTD bench or something.

But the good news is the dining plan has come back into consideration and so has BoG. It's still more food than we would eat but when I figured out the cost of multiple character meals it's not really cheaper to pay OOP since those are fixed price anyway and we won't have the full kitchen that we would have in the cabin so eating in the room becomes a lot harder. Of course, I still have my fingers crossed for that free dining because the room discount at AoA is hardly worth it.
I love that you not only have 2014 planned, but you are also thinking about 2015 and 2016.

Glad you are back to booking BOG. We did lunch there last year because I could not get an ADR after calling for 3 hours on the day they opened ADRs. So DH knows we are eating there next time! But lunch was really good and I would do it again.

Quote:

Congrats on starting the house buying!! Hope you find the right one quickly!

I paid for dinner tonight with my Disney Visa. The cashier says "oh I love your card. I am going to Disney in June." I said, I am so jealous.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #1103
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I paid for dinner tonight with my Disney Visa. The cashier says "oh I love your card. I am going to Disney in June." I said, I am so jealous.
Aren't we all?

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #1104
momr
Earning My Ears

Thank you funfire240.

Does anybody know the cheapest way to make matching shirts. I want to get a disgner to make a disgne and then take it to be made. I have to make 3 different family shirts and then 10 different ones with a different cars 2 character and our names. I found a place close to where I live that will do the family shirts all 10 for 82.50. then I was thinking about just ironing on the others. What is the best way to do this that way we could always find each other if we split up.

I am getting so excited about this trip. I want to make it as perfect for my two kids as possible

Last edited by momr; 04-11-2013 at 03:48 PM.
momr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #1105
pixi3ness
Earning My Ears

Thank you all for the Tusker House recommendation! That has made it to my ADR list that I'm compiling! The amount of information out there can be a bit overwhelming...but it's very enjoyable sorting through what to do during our trip. Another thing I'm going to have to drag DBF to is Pick A Pearl.

pixi3ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #1106
SAT887
DIS Veteran

So I have been busying myself all week.... However, I made my ADRs for our October trip! So DH and I decided we are going to not plan too much this trip. Basically just relax and enjoy the freedoms of no strollers, diaper bags etc....

So Sunday is our arrival day around 10am. Our anniversary day (13 yrs together!) we will get a quick lunch somewhere, pick up a few needed items, get PP+ cards, etc.... 5:30 ADR at Artists Point and then MNSSHP!

Monday

Epcot in the morning, F&W lunch, and a 5:15 ADR at the Yachtsman. Then over to HS for Fantasmic!

Tuesday

Kona Cafe at 7:30 am then off to AK. Flying Fish at 5:30 and back over to Epcot.

Wednesday

MK am, BOG quick service. Citricos at 5:30 and then back to Epcot....

Thursday Departure Day -

MK am and nothing else really planned (flight leaves around 7)

What does everyone think? The only things that are a definite are dinners and MNSSHP everything else is just a thought and potential idea....
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #1107
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
So I have been busying myself all week.... However, I made my ADRs for our October trip! So DH and I decided we are going to not plan too much this trip. Basically just relax and enjoy the freedoms of no strollers, diaper bags etc....

So Sunday is our arrival day around 10am. Our anniversary day (13 yrs together!) we will get a quick lunch somewhere, pick up a few needed items, get PP+ cards, etc.... 5:30 ADR at Artists Point and then MNSSHP!

Monday

Epcot in the morning, F&W lunch, and a 5:15 ADR at the Yachtsman. Then over to HS for Fantasmic!

Tuesday

Kona Cafe at 7:30 am then off to AK. Flying Fish at 5:30 and back over to Epcot.

Wednesday

MK am, BOG quick service. Citricos at 5:30 and then back to Epcot....

Thursday Departure Day -

MK am and nothing else really planned (flight leaves around 7)

What does everyone think? The only things that are a definite are dinners and MNSSHP everything else is just a thought and potential idea....
Sounds good. Take me with you. The only thing that jumps out at me is I would want more time to eat at F&W. You are going to Epcot several times, but after big, nice meals. But if you are more interested in the beverage side of the festival and strolling around WS, then it looks perfect.
Where are you staying again?

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 04-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #1108
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sounds good. Take me with you. The only thing that jumps out at me is I would want more time to eat at F&W. You are going to Epcot several times, but after big, nice meals. But if you are more interested in the beverage side of the festival and strolling around WS, then it looks perfect.
Where are you staying again?
I think Epcot will be a place we stop for lunch. We will be renting a car so it's not a big deal to us. Also we don't ever eat a lot at dinner so I'm betting we can do some serious snacking!!!

Aww I'd love to, but all of us squeezed in a room probably would lose its romance factor!! We have a lake view studio at BLT (and hoping my requests are filled and I can see MK!)
Old 04-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #1109
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I think Epcot will be a place we stop for lunch. We will be renting a car so it's not a big deal to us. Also we don't ever eat a lot at dinner so I'm betting we can do some serious snacking!!!

Aww I'd love to, but all of us squeezed in a room probably would lose its romance factor!! We have a lake view studio at BLT (and hoping my requests are filled and I can see MK!)
Big sigh. Ok fine, I will stay home. .

I lurk on the BLT/CR thread. That lake view is so nice. You get a peaceful water front vacation along with Disney. Of course the castle is awfully nice too.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #1110
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Big sigh. Ok fine, I will stay home. .

I lurk on the BLT/CR thread. That lake view is so nice. You get a peaceful water front vacation along with Disney. Of course the castle is awfully nice too.
Is it wrong that I want both???? Honestly they could put me in the basement and I would be happy enough! I lurk on most the DVC resort threads- minus SSR.... And the poly I soooo want to stay there... Thinking a night or two in the beginning of a trip.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: