Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #541
rharper1496
Mouseketeer

We've picked dates, February 5-10, 2014! We decided against the split stay, the trip isn't long enough to deal with the trouble of switching resorts so Cars suite at AoA, it is.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #542
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly71076 View Post
Two trips on the horizon, I am planning DS's 7th birthday trip!!! Most likely, Oct 26-Nov 5, staying at SSR. Looking forward to having birthday dinner at Chef Mickey and our first MNSSHP!!!!
to our group! Glad you decided to join us. I got you added to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Hi! Just found this great thread please may I join in the fun! Coming to WDW 31st October - Nov 14th 2014 flights already booked! Coming from UK me and DW :-) dvc members so will book SSR at 11 month window :-)
You can definitely join us! Glad to have you! Added you to the list, also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharper1496 View Post
We've picked dates, February 5-10, 2014! We decided against the split stay, the trip isn't long enough to deal with the trouble of switching resorts so Cars suite at AoA, it is.
I added your dates and resort to the list. Thanks for updating us!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I've been mostly absent lately, folks - lots going on here at home (nothing to worry about, though). If there is anyone I missed, I apologize - please post your dates and resort and I'll add you to the list, also.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #543
BDL
DIS Veteran

I hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day. As always, I had a very nice V-Day with my lovely fiance' (BDLsgal). It was a laid back night of lounging and chinese food. And we exchanged gifts. After all was said and done, even though our trip isn't til Dec 2014, and we can't make any payments til 499 days before our 1st day, we now have 1/3 of our deposit in hand.

As Valgoof and SAT can testify from our time on the Dec 2012 Roll Call thread, on gift giving holidays, BDLsgal and I include giving Disney Shop/Dine/Stay gift cards to each other to help with the expense of the vacation. So, yesterday, $75 of gift cards were exchanged and we now have 1/3 of our deposit in hand, with about 20 mos to go before our trip will have to be paid in full.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #544
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL
I hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day. As always, I had a very nice V-Day with my lovely fiance' (BDLsgal). It was a laid back night of lounging and chinese food. And we exchanged gifts. After all was said and done, even though our trip isn't til Dec 2014, and we can't make any payments til 499 days before our 1st day, we now have 1/3 of our deposit in hand.

As Valgoof and SAT can testify from our time on the Dec 2012 Roll Call thread, on gift giving holidays, BDLsgal and I include giving Disney Shop/Dine/Stay gift cards to each other to help with the expense of the vacation. So, yesterday, $75 of gift cards were exchanged and we now have 1/3 of our deposit in hand, with about 20 mos to go before our trip will have to be paid in full.
Hello! Nice to meet you! What a great idea re the gift cards! I wish we could do that. We live in the UK so ours would be loaded in pounds not dollars but if we could we would! Soon adds up! We keep a jar of dollars instead. When the exchange rate is good we get some dollars and I say that is some money to spend in the world of disney one evening! Love that store!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #545
shannon006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlesista View Post
We did book already and will update when packages become avail.
So we can call and book a room only reservation? I was thinking we had to wait until August to book anything. I know we won't benefit from booking now, but to be able to have a reservation and look at it online, and make payments, well, it makes it so more real
Old 02-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #546
shannon006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabear0222 View Post
I notice a few of us are set to go the first week of March (Im going the last week of Feb and first week of March)

Are ANY of you concerned about Spring Break that week and Mardi Gras???
Why Im still overthinking this is beyond me but I'd love to hear your thoughts!!!

March

1: shannon006 - (POP, AoA, AKL? TBD)
1-6: WildGingerMama - CSR? (TBD)
1-8: sandym718 - Poly - celebrating a birthday
1-8: mamabear0222 - (Windsor Hills? TBD) - celebrating two birthdays
1-8: JacknDawn4ever - POR
2-8: drirun - BCV - celebrating a birthday (group of 17 going together!)
Mamabear, we have never been this late in February. We have been the last of January, first of February and Presidents week, MLK and Mardi Gras, so this is new for us as well, and actually we will be leaving probably March 1.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #547
Males1011
Earning My Ears

Hello everybody!

You can put my DGF and I down for January 31st through the 8th of February! Heading down for the DGFs birthday this year around, and we've already been counting down the months, weeks, and days. (Man I love having the ticker in my signature lol)

Going to leave NJ Thursday the 30th after DGF gets out of work, and start the haul right away. She'll take the first leg, and I'll ironman the heck out of the rest! Can't wait!

We only plan on doing 1 ADR this trip, and that's for her birthday dinner on the 3rd. He sole request was CRT for her birthday dinner, and we'll prolly just do QS locations the rest of the trip. We left the world this past October 13th, and we knew before we left that we were coming back this was when we had to come back.

I called earlier this week to make the room-only reservation, and we're all set! Only have to wait for the package rates to come in to have everything set in stone. Interesting thing the CM told me on the phone though. She told me to keep an eye out during the spring, like late March or early April, for the 2014 rates. She said they released them earlier than usual last year, and it wouldn't be a surprise if they did it again this year. Thought I would share it with the boards.

Jonathan (29)~! Cheryl (DGF24)
Males1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #548
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Males1011 View Post
the CM told me on the phone though. She told me to keep an eye out during the spring, like late March or early April, for the 2014 rates. She said they released them earlier than usual last year, and it wouldn't be a surprise if they did it again this year. Thought I would share it with the boards.
Thanks for the info, will be watching and waiting for that moment. The sooner we can actually make reservations the happier I will be.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #549
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon006 View Post
So we can call and book a room only reservation? I was thinking we had to wait until August to book anything. I know we won't benefit from booking now, but to be able to have a reservation and look at it online, and make payments, well, it makes it so more real
You can book a room-only reservation 499 days in advance - you must do this on the phone, however, you can't do it online. (1-407-W-DISNEY)

Remember you'll be quoted the highest price for the room category you're booking, and price will be adjusted once the rates come out for the time frame you are going.

HTH

Old 02-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #550
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Hello everybody!

You can put my DGF and I down for January 31st through the 8th of February! Heading down for the DGFs birthday this year around, and we've already been counting down the months, weeks, and days. (Man I love having the ticker in my signature lol)

Going to leave NJ Thursday the 30th after DGF gets out of work, and start the haul right away. She'll take the first leg, and I'll ironman the heck out of the rest! Can't wait!

We only plan on doing 1 ADR this trip, and that's for her birthday dinner on the 3rd. He sole request was CRT for her birthday dinner, and we'll prolly just do QS locations the rest of the trip. We left the world this past October 13th, and we knew before we left that we were coming back this was when we had to come back.

I called earlier this week to make the room-only reservation, and we're all set! Only have to wait for the package rates to come in to have everything set in stone. Interesting thing the CM told me on the phone though. She told me to keep an eye out during the spring, like late March or early April, for the 2014 rates. She said they released them earlier than usual last year, and it wouldn't be a surprise if they did it again this year. Thought I would share it with the boards.
Hello Males and to our group! Glad you decided to join in!

Thank you for sharing the info about 2014 rates - that's interesting for sure. I'll get you added to the lists for January/February; in the meantime, feel free to jump on in and join the conversation!

ETA: I'm assuming you're staying at AoA since that's what it says above your ticker. If not, please let me know where you are staying.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #551
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello everybody!

Good to know about the rates! And lucky you ~ your ticker is under a year already!
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #552
shannon006
DIS Veteran

We enjoy the QS. The reason is we don't like being tied down to our reservations. Long gone are the days when we could come in that morning or even when we were wanting to come right in. Those were great. Our last trip we had only 1 reservation, and honestly based on how our day had went, wasn't ideal. We were seated immediately and had great food and service, but the whole reserving so far in advance doesn't always work out for our family. Having said that, our next trip we will probably book 3 TS meals.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #553
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
I got a new Mickey park bag and a pair of pajama pants.

So.......off topic, but do you have a date set??

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon006 View Post
We enjoy the QS. The reason is we don't like being tied down to our reservations. Long gone are the days when we could come in that morning or even when we were wanting to come right in. Those were great. Our last trip we had only 1 reservation, and honestly based on how our day had went, wasn't ideal. We were seated immediately and had great food and service, but the whole reserving so far in advance doesn't always work out for our family. Having said that, our next trip we will probably book 3 TS meals.
We did all QS in 2011 and then had FD last year, so we did a TS everyday. Not sure what we will do this trip. We liked a couple places enough to book them again and there are others I want to try.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #554
angelmichelle
Mouseketeer

Here's a cute tip...

At Target's party section, there are cute tiaras that are just a dollar or two a piece. You can buy them for your daughters/girls in the group for a 'princess makeover'! They're cheap but FUN and cute! I bought two for my friend and I for our 2014 trip.

Here's mine:

angelmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #555
Males1011
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan

Hello Males and to our group! Glad you decided to join in!

Thank you for sharing the info about 2014 rates - that's interesting for sure. I'll get you added to the lists for January/February; in the meantime, feel free to jump on in and join the conversation!

ETA: I'm assuming you're staying at AoA since that's what it says above your ticker. If not, please let me know where you are staying.
Yesum! DGF and will be in the AoA, and can't wait to go back!

Jonathan (29)~! Cheryl (DGF24)
Males1011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: