Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #376
hsmamainva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabear0222 View Post
Can I ask...I thought I read one of this group has used 5mins2disney at WH??

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards
We're staying in Windsor Hills, but not at 5mins2disney -- we're at Storytime Orlando.

As for which resorts we are looking at when we visit Disney in May:

Art of Animation (my daughters LOVE this resort! It's less expensive to stay in the Little Mermaid section than in the Finding Nemo suites...but the Nemo suites are right there by the food court and the bus station...decisions, decisions).

Port Orleans Riverside (hubby's big college reunion is in April 2015 in St. Augustine so he wants a split stay -- 4 nights in Disney & 4 nights in St. Augustine and the POR is the *only* resort he's researched online that he likes)

And my top two deluxe resorts -- Beach Club & Polynesian -- don't want to pay the $$$ required to stay there, but...hey, doesn't cost anything to walk through them. Maybe we'll win the lottery.

I'll have to post a "mini-resort review" when we get back and let everyone know what we find out!

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

2/11 - 3/12 - 5/13 - 5/14 - 8/14 - Planning: 1/15 - 5/15 - 8/15 - 12/15

hsmamainva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #377
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamainva View Post
I love the Poly!!!

But I priced a package the other day and for 2 adults (me and oldest dd) and 2 children (14yo and 12yo)...a garden view room at the Poly (the cheapest room they have)...round trip flights from Virginia...8 day park tickets (no hoppers or waterparks)...no dining plan -- and it was $6,000!!!! And THAT was with the 20% off Spring discount!!

By the time you add in our dining expenses and spending money, it could end up costing $8,000 - $9,000! I can't pay that to stay on-site. Not when our entire family can go to Disney and stay off-site at Windsor Hills for less than $5,000.

The Poly is so pretty!! Too bad I can't justify the expense.
I so agree hsmamainva. My husband aches every time we are anywhere near the POLY he wants to stay there so badly but I can not see spending so much $$ and he does agree. We have not even returned to enjoy a meal at the Poly although the reviews on OHANA have been tempting. For our next trip my daughter and I are for sure going to OHANA and the Lilio and Stich Bkst - granddaughter loves them. Husband will have to get over it

Me DH DD DSIL DGD(5yr) DGD(2yr)

1975 OS 1978 DL 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995 Poly 2000 CBR2002, 2003 OS 2012, 2014 POFQ
middlesista is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #378
tmrose03
Mouseketeer

Hubster just green lighted a 2014 trip!! We love the fall season, so thinking November. We are taking a Disney cruise that Jan. maybe book a cruise and add a couple days at Disney to the end of our cruise. So excited!!

Jan. 2014 Our First DCL Cruise-Wonder

April 2015 Our 2nd WDW Trip

tmrose03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #379
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamainva View Post
We're staying in Windsor Hills, but not at 5mins2disney -- we're at Storytime Orlando.

As for which resorts we are looking at when we visit Disney in May:

Art of Animation (my daughters LOVE this resort! It's less expensive to stay in the Little Mermaid section than in the Finding Nemo suites...but the Nemo suites are right there by the food court and the bus station...decisions, decisions).

Port Orleans Riverside (hubby's big college reunion is in April 2015 in St. Augustine so he wants a split stay -- 4 nights in Disney & 4 nights in St. Augustine and the POR is the *only* resort he's researched online that he likes)

And my top two deluxe resorts -- Beach Club & Polynesian -- don't want to pay the $$$ required to stay there, but...hey, doesn't cost anything to walk through them. Maybe we'll win the lottery.

I'll have to post a "mini-resort review" when we get back and let everyone know what we find out!

Definitely do!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #380
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmrose03 View Post
Hubster just green lighted a 2014 trip!! We love the fall season, so thinking November. We are taking a Disney cruise that Jan. maybe book a cruise and add a couple days at Disney to the end of our cruise. So excited!!
to our group! Glad you decided to join in!

My trip is also planned for November - it does seem like a great time of year to go. Once you get the details figured out, make sure you post your dates and what resort you have chosen and I'll get you added to the list!

Meanwhile, jump on in to the conversation!

Old 01-31-2013, 03:08 PM   #381
MadViBe
Earning My Ears

my little family will be heading out to see Mickey Aug/sept next year. our very first Disney holiday. We have decided on the POR. whoop

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 01-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #382
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadViBe View Post
my little family will be heading out to see Mickey Aug/sept next year. our very first Disney holiday. We have decided on the POR. whoop

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
to the DIS and to our group! Glad you decided to join us.

Do you have any idea what your dates will be yet? If so, please post them so I can get you added to the list.

If you have questions about anything, please don't hesitate to ask.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #383
laurenn1490
Earning My Ears

So DBF and I have settled on some dates for our 2014 Trip!

Sunday 2/2 - Friday 2/7, still at POR!!

We'll be using Saturday 2/1 and Saturday 2/8 as driving days (20 hour drive! ). We're staying short nights off-site the Saturday before and the Friday after our dates solely to rest up from/for The Big Drive!

This means at this time next year we'll probably be somewhere in North Carolina and halfway to WDW!!

Has anyone made their room-only reservation yet? Now that I'm pretty certain about my dates, I'm itching to make it "official!"

laurenn1490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #384
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenn1490 View Post

We'll be using Saturday 2/1 and Saturday 2/8 as driving days (20 hour drive! ). We're staying short nights off-site the Saturday before and the Friday after our dates solely to rest up from/for The Big Drive!

This means at this time next year we'll probably be somewhere in North Carolina and halfway to WDW!!

Has anyone made their room-only reservation yet? Now that I'm pretty certain about my dates, I'm itching to make it "official!"
Sure did - last week

Me DH DD DSIL DGD(5yr) DGD(2yr)

1975 OS 1978 DL 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995 Poly 2000 CBR2002, 2003 OS 2012, 2014 POFQ
middlesista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #385
Monorail3
Carousel of Progress

Bearcats sent me over. Wife gave me the go ahead green for our 2014 excursion. Leaving 11/20 and coming home 11/29. Staying at The Art of Animation. We gave our daughter a taste of Disney when she was 3 for 4 days as we went and stayed with friends. She talks about it everyday. Apparently "dad works to pay for us to go to Disney." I love the way she thinks but if she only knew why I really work. LOL Work sucks but you need the bucks. Well I'll be on a lot as Disney is my passion.
Man has a dream, and that's the start. He follows his dream with mind and heart. And when it becomes a reality, It's a dream come true for you and me. Oh there's a great big beautiful tomorrow. Shining at the end of every day, Yes there's a great big beautiful tomorrow - Just a day away!

Monorail3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #386
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monorail3 View Post
Bearcats sent me over. Wife gave me the go ahead green for our 2014 excursion. Leaving 11/20 and coming home 11/29. Staying at The Art of Animation. We gave our daughter a taste of Disney when she was 3 for 4 days as we went and stayed with friends. She talks about it everyday. Apparently "dad works to pay for us to go to Disney." I love the way she thinks but if she only knew why I really work. LOL Work sucks but you need the bucks. Well I'll be on a lot as Disney is my passion.
My kids say the same thing! That we work so we can go do Disney - so everytime my DD complains about going to preschool (yes even at 4 she's trying to get out of school!) I tell her well mommy has to work and she responds with "so we can go back to Disney!"
Old 02-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #387
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenn1490 View Post

I'll add your dates to the list!

I'm still too far out to make our reservations, which is kind of good since I still haven't made up our mind where we're staying! I'm going back and forth, back and forth, onsiteoffsiteonsiteoffsiteonsiteoffsite ... ARGH!

Quote:
Hey, glad to see you decided to join in! AoA seems to be a very popular place to stay. We haven't stayed there, but I'm sure you'll love it! The theming is very cool.

If you have questions about anything, don't hesitate to jump in and ask. I'll get you added to the list.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #388
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I also wanted to add that we stayed at AoA in September and loved it! I'll be happy to answer any questions (we stayed in the Little Mermaid rooms)
Old 02-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #389
mamabear0222
Countdown to 2014 trip

How far in advance can you buy park tickets? If I bought now and used them a year from now would that be ok?? I'm looking to spread out the cost of the trip. park tickets now... airfare when it comes out in the summer. .full pmt for accommodation 6 weeks out...

Old 02-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #390
hsmamainva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabear0222 View Post
How far in advance can you buy park tickets? If I bought now and used them a year from now would that be ok?? I'm looking to spread out the cost of the trip. park tickets now... airfare when it comes out in the summer. .full pmt for accommodation 6 weeks out...

You can buy them anytime. They don't start to "expire" until you use them for the first time. And the ticket prices usually go up in August so buying them before then would probably save you some money.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

2/11 - 3/12 - 5/13 - 5/14 - 8/14 - Planning: 1/15 - 5/15 - 8/15 - 12/15

hsmamainva is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: