Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #16
DLBDS
Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk

OP, after reading your post, I quickly glanced at your name and read it to say "B-Cup". I did a double-take.
March/April 2013 Disney Fantasy
(9674)
May 2011 Disney Dream (9674) / Wilderness Lodge (4034 Woods View)
October 2010
Disney Wonder (6598)/Wilderness Lodge (7107 Club Level)/Animal KingdomLodge (4311 Club Level)
February 2009 Port Orleans Riverside (2404 Alligator Bayou) May 2009 Hard Rock Hotel/Swan/DIS Podcast Cruise (Disney Wonder) (6592)
September 2008 Contemporary Resort (5150 Garden Wing)
February 2007 Wilderness Lodge (7044 Club Level) June 2007 Hawthorn Suites (Off Property) October 2007 Wilderness Lodge (7048 Club Level)
Nov/Dec 2006 - Wilderness Lodge (3167 Courtyard)
DLBDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:25 PM   #17
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

This thread is timely for me. I got a bra fitting today and feel like a new person. Like others, I was wearing too big in the rib cage and too small in the cup. The result was not enough support. My new bra is snug and I am very happy.
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 10:30 PM   #18
Callie
Always Dreaming of Disney Magic

I went into Lane Bryant two weeks ago.
I finally found some bras that are comfortable, and don't give me cone ****s! Not to mention they are cute. When you are my size, it's hard to find cute ones.

They were really nice helping and giving advice. Didn't really need measured because I had an idea of what size I was. They fit too.

I figure they see so many people topless, and its just ****s.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #19
beaucoup
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLBDS View Post
OP, after reading your post, I quickly glanced at your name and read it to say "B-Cup". I did a double-take.
Oh how I wish!!!!!!
beaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:43 PM   #20
beaucoup
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBear View Post
This thread is timely for me. I got a bra fitting today and feel like a new person. Like others, I was wearing too big in the rib cage and too small in the cup. The result was not enough support. My new bra is snug and I am very happy.
Me too. I have my new sleep bra on. Its very comfy. When you are as big as I am, it is nice to not be floppy everywhere.
beaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:16 AM   #21
snarlingcoyote
I know people who live in really carpy school districts

A shout out to Fredericks of Hollywood. They are great at bra fittings. I went in and got one type of bra that looks wonderful on me (average size, DD tatas). My BFF went in and got a completely different line (larger, D tatas) that makes her look marvelous!

Also, Fred's bras are cheap and well-made. 2 for $50 or $60 and I'm still wearing some I bought 4 years ago. When I shopped at Dillards I paid $50 or more for 1 and was lucky if they lasted a year.
snarlingcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:37 AM   #22
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

Did you know there is an entire show devoted to bra fittings now? I saw the adverts on hulu. I think I've seen it all on TV now..

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/double-divas
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #23
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

never had one.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #24
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoPony View Post
Absolutely agree - it can make a world of difference, in looks and comfort!!!

Another good store for this is Nordstroms. Think just about everyone in the department is a certified fitter and most have experience with breast surgeries as well.
I tried Nordstrom once but the woman was horrible. I could actually fold over fabric in the cup and had a large gap between my breasts from the bra where it didn't sit against my skin and she told me that it was a perfect fit. She was crazy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
I went into Lane Bryant two weeks ago.
I finally found some bras that are comfortable, and don't give me cone ****s! Not to mention they are cute. When you are my size, it's hard to find cute ones.

They were really nice helping and giving advice. Didn't really need measured because I had an idea of what size I was. They fit too.

I figure they see so many people topless, and its just ****s.
I tried lane Bryant too but the sides of the bra's are too wide there and are very uncomfortable. I am thinking of heading to a place this weekend, it has been on my mind for a while.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #25
Mandychelle79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill in Chicago View Post
I was wearing a 40 C and what I really needed was a 38 D. I thought a 38 would be WAY too small, but with the D cup it worked.
Those bras are basically the same size. When I couldnt find the size I needed for something ( wedding, prom, etc) I was told to go up a band size and down a cup size or vice versa.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:12 AM   #26
Mandychelle79
DIS Veteran

All the fittings in the world are not going to help me. I have one side that requires one cup size and the other is 2 cup sizes bigger.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #27
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
never had one.
Me neither :P
Old 01-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #28
gracie1
DIS Veteran

I've had 3 fittings and none of them have been correct. I've been to Lane Bryant, Victoria's Secret and Soma.
gracie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #29
Callie
Always Dreaming of Disney Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc View Post
I tried Nordstrom once but the woman was horrible. I could actually fold over fabric in the cup and had a large gap between my breasts from the bra where it didn't sit against my skin and she told me that it was a perfect fit. She was crazy !

I tried lane Bryant too but the sides of the bra's are too wide there and are very uncomfortable. I am thinking of heading to a place this weekend, it has been on my mind for a while.
My sister had that complain about the bras there. Also, she has different sizes.
I admit, at times the sides get annoying, but its gotten better once they are worn for a while.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #30
laurajetter
Mouseketeer
The Tag Fairy thinks my Chocolate Lab Hershey is a cutie!
WHAT IS THE STUPID DEAL WITH THESE BANANAS?

This thread is very similar to one a few years back that completely inspired me to go get fitted. I was excited to get similar, fantastic results that everyone else did but what ended up happening is that I got sized 3 different times at all the anchor stores of one mall (I just wanted to be sure it was done correctly) and darn if they weren't 3 different sizes. Most of the women who measured me seemed to just be young girls who were working in that department and none of them made any conversation, didn't give any recommendations or tips, etc. They just measured and told me what they came up with then scurried back to what they were doing before I came.

Thinking the third store would be the one that would determine which of the first two stores messed up in their measurements, I became frustrated and discouraged when it was yet another completely different measurement.

I want to know the best places to go; maybe I just went to the wrong places. I've never heard of a couple of the ones mentioned here that are supposed to be really good. I hope one day I can have the same experience everyone else is having. I hate wasting so much time if nothing gets accomplished.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: