Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
lufty
Earning My Ears

No magical express tags....

Its my fault for not checking sooner, but I had switched resorts from Art of Animation to Carribbean Beach in early December for our stay this week... I never checked the booklet for the luggage tags for CB til last week when I was organizing the documents I need to bring along. I called and they said they would send them, but still havent' received them and we leave Wed morning... So my question is, if they dont' make it here in time, do we just get our luggage from baggage claim and go to the magical express?
lufty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
Madasahatter74
Earning My Ears

Yes. Grab your bags and head to ME. You can also take your baggage claim tickets to the ME desk and have them get your luggage with those, but I have never felt comfortable risking that.
Madasahatter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
Missytara
I'm all ears!

First, check the reservation number - if it is the same, the computer picks up the new resort name under your reservation.

Second, you can very carefully, without writing through the bar code, place the name of the new resort on the tags in magic marker.

Third, you can save your baggage claim tickets; when you arrive at the ME area, tell them you need to see someone at the counter. You will give the CM the baggage claim tickets and a brief description of your bags. They will relay the information to the baggage claim area and they will pull your bags.

ME is extremely efficient; no need to worry about it.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #4
Disneykidsdad
Mouseketeer

If it were me, I would go get the bags myself.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #5
Barnhill9586
DIS Dad's Club Member #556

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufty View Post
Its my fault for not checking sooner, but I had switched resorts from Art of Animation to Carribbean Beach in early December for our stay this week... I never checked the booklet for the luggage tags for CB til last week when I was organizing the documents I need to bring along. I called and they said they would send them, but still havent' received them and we leave Wed morning... So my question is, if they dont' make it here in time, do we just get our luggage from baggage claim and go to the magical express?
Personally, I would call them again today. We had a similar situation about two years ago and they sent new tags by over night mail. We had them the next morning at no charge even though I offered to pay them the shipping costs. Have a great trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: