Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #91
SweetAlex
Mouseketeer

Just curious... am I the only one who's "winging it"? We may make a reservation for a character breakfast but other than that, I'm not really planning any meals. I find it too stressful to worry about being at a certain place at a certain time. I would much rather just go with the flow and if we happen to be in DCA at dinner time, we'll hit the nearest restaurant and eat. It seems like most have every meal reserved and planned ahead. Am I the only one who doesn't?

SweetAlex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:37 AM   #92
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetAlex
Just curious... am I the only one who's "winging it"? We may make a reservation for a character breakfast but other than that, I'm not really planning any meals. I find it too stressful to worry about being at a certain place at a certain time. I would much rather just go with the flow and if we happen to be in DCA at dinner time, we'll hit the nearest restaurant and eat. It seems like most have every meal reserved and planned ahead. Am I the only one who doesn't?
Don't worry, we're the same way! We had one reservation on our last trip, and it was too stressful to try to plan our evening around it.

theworldneedscolor is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 04:07 AM   #93
sophies*mom
Mouseketeer

I just booked our hotel tonight! We'll be staying at the Castle Inn & Suites! I can't believe it, it's finally happening! We had a trip planned and it was cancelled a few times, so this is VERY exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetAlex View Post
I made my DH sit and look at menus to get a feel for where he'd like to eat (and I have a list) but it won't be the end of the world if we don't eat at the places I have planned. You may not be in the right part of the park when your belly gives a little rumble! lol. And we aren't making reservations of any kind. I prefer to eat at counter service places anyway. Much cheaper
But I like knowing how much certain restaurants are and what sort of food they serve, so I was a little obsessive about the menus, haha.

(DH) Eli -- (me) Elena
(DD) Sophie -- (DS) Parker

sophies*mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #94
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Carla, I would only worry about making ressies if you really want to eat somewhere! when the parks are busier the stand by time gets crazy long! we go with the flow most of the time too, but have our favorites we know we want to eat at!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #95
SweetAlex
Mouseketeer

I'm not worried about it at all . People just vacay differently. To me, I want to be able to go and do what we want and not have to worry about rushing back to a certain place to make a reservation. So much easier and less stressful to me. We did it last time this way and honestly, it worked out just fine, nice and easy and we never had problems finding somewhere to eat either. It was February mind you but I think the week we are going in March should be okay. It's not Christmas at least!

And yes, we do it for cost savings too . I can't believe how much many of these sit down places are! A special dinner or two is one thing but lunch and dinner every night... ? Yikes! I'd be living on the streets when I got home.

SweetAlex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #96
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

When we go to WDW I have ADRs and notecards of what to do and when to do it. For our DL trip, I have a couple of dinner reservations, but that's it! I am hoping that with 5 days and early hours we will be able to enjoy everything without me being so scheduled. We'll see!

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #97
EmmersIsTheMommy
Ew maybe the dolls dance all night. *shudder*
... and she shall be called Epic Emily (per Crush)

OOOH Can I play??

Emmersisthemommy 4/1-4/5
Old 02-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #98
EmmersIsTheMommy
Ew maybe the dolls dance all night. *shudder*
... and she shall be called Epic Emily (per Crush)

Quote:
I'm only getting one reservation for the Blue Bayou because it's important to us. Other than that we wing it. We eat where we're near unless it's crazy busy or something.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #99
oumagic
Mouseketeer

I make all kinds of reservations and then wing it If we feel like it, we go. If not, we cancel. No penalties for cancelling so no reason not to make some. My family looks forward to certain places to eat as much as some rides.
oumagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #100
WendyWhy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oumagic View Post
I make all kinds of reservations and then wing it If we feel like it, we go. If not, we cancel. No penalties for cancelling so no reason not to make some. My family looks forward to certain places to eat as much as some rides.

Same here - makes me more relaxed knowing I have the reservation in my back pocket and it's easy to call and cancel. With a bunch of little kids though, we try to make our reservation - table service and not having to wait (as long) for a table is VERY important to me. Made our reservations for Blue Bayou for the first time - excited! Fingers crossed for a waterside table!
WendyWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #101
jenok0426
Earning My Ears

Hello

We are in too! Going 3/27 to 4/1. Staying at PPH on DVC points. Planning for lots of crowds. We are from the East coast so hopping we can stay on East Coast time and take advantage of early hours at the parks.

Not sure if they are still doing this but we went 3 years ago at Easter and they did have a huge Easter Egg hunt at the DLH. They had it separated by age groups and it was early Sunday morning.

Booked a few meals but we may change our mind between now and then.

Always looking for new ideas!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #102
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by oumagic View Post
Exactly - I'd rather have the reservation and decide on something else than be scrambling to figure something out. That said, I'm a planner. I love that with Disneyland I don't *have* to plan this way...whereas at WDW it's a necessity.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #103
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We tend to plan, only because our first family trip to WDW with the kids we got totally caught off guard when we had free dining, but didn't make reservations and subsequently pretty much couldn't get into ANY sit down restaurants that trip. I wasn't used to the "dining chaos." Now, it's my norm since we go to WDW so much. Disneyland, however, seems like it's much more like a normal location where most customers are walkups. That said, I'm once bitten twice shy and we're also there during the heaviest spring break period, so I booked one meal a day for our 6 days, we'll wing it the rest. I'm guessing even that is probably overkill but I'll sleep better

Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #104
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Welcome new folks! I just updated the first page

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 02-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #105
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

PS - going crazy waiting for the *($%#$ park hours. 6 weeks continues to seem really short compared to every other theme park on the planet. At least the weeks up to 3/18 don't look to be too crowded, as park hours are still listed at 9am vs. earlier.....

Me DH DS10 DD8

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: