Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #76
Shegardens
Mouseketeer

Oh aroundtheriverbend, we are staying at the Tropicana. Thanks for adding me to the list

Disneyland 10/1986 , 01/1995 , 02/2009
WDW 08/1997 engaged

2 boys 8 and 11
Shegardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:26 PM   #77
smiles33
DIS Veteran

We're going April 11-14 and will be in a Kids' Suite at HoJo. DH has a conference that same time period so we can get discounted tickets and he can write off some of the costs of the hotel/meal expenses. Hooray!

I'm a little nervous as we went Sept 2011 and it was much emptier then. Plus, this time DDs are likely going to be more courageous and willing to try more rides!
smiles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #78
E&Cmom
Mouseketeer

We will be there from March 14-21 and staying at the HOJO. Following along since any tips or help is great. Last time I was there was in 2000. Hope since we are at the beginning of Spring Break it won't be as bad.
E&Cmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:18 PM   #79
SweetAlex
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by E&Cmom View Post
We will be there from March 14-21 and staying at the HOJO. Following along since any tips or help is great. Last time I was there was in 2000. Hope since we are at the beginning of Spring Break it won't be as bad.
We'll be there the same time as you and are also from BC (Langley). Where abouts do you live? Are you flying or driving?

You will have so much fun! There is so much to see and do. I recommend reading through the stickies at the top of the board. Other than that, it really depends on how you like to vacation. Many people on here prefer to plan every detail as they want to squeeze in as much as possible. Others, like us, prefer to plan a couple of things but other than that, just take the days as they come. I find it too stressful to have every meal and every ride planned.

Things that are good to familiarize yourself with are things like the Fastpass system, restaurant options, scheduled events, attractions, etc. It can all be searched for on here or go right to Disney's site too. Carsland wasn't open yet when we last went so we're so excited to see that.

I highly recommend the Aladdin show. We all loved it! World of Colour is good, but lots of planning is needed. We're going to skip it this year and see Fantasmic! instead. WOC is worth seeing once though.

SweetAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #80
E&Cmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetAlex View Post
We'll be there the same time as you and are also from BC (Langley). Where abouts do you live? Are you flying or driving?

You will have so much fun! There is so much to see and do. I recommend reading through the stickies at the top of the board. Other than that, it really depends on how you like to vacation. Many people on here prefer to plan every detail as they want to squeeze in as much as possible. Others, like us, prefer to plan a couple of things but other than that, just take the days as they come. I find it too stressful to have every meal and every ride planned.

Things that are good to familiarize yourself with are things like the Fastpass system, restaurant options, scheduled events, attractions, etc. It can all be searched for on here or go right to Disney's site too. Carsland wasn't open yet when we last went so we're so excited to see that.

I highly recommend the Aladdin show. We all loved it! World of Colour is good, but lots of planning is needed. We're going to skip it this year and see Fantasmic! instead. WOC is worth seeing once though.
We are practically neighbours. We are in Surrey. We are flying (Air Alaska).

THanks for all the tips. My kids have been looking at the Disneyland app and my 9 year old really wants to see WOC so we definitely will be seeing that. We have a 5 day park hopper so I hope to see as much as well can . my girls already have a list of rides they want to go on. I am wanting to do one character meal but haven't decided which one yet. When DH and I went many years ago we went to the one in Plaza Inn so I am thinking of a different one this time.
E&Cmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #81
Snurk71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheriverbend
Is there a better meal at Ralph Brennan's on a weekday (breakfast, lunch, or dinner)? Thanks.
I dont think Brennans (the restaurant, not the takeout window) serves breakfast.

We've had lunch and dinner - bkth have been good.
Snurk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #82
SweetAlex
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by E&Cmom View Post
We are practically neighbours. We are in Surrey. We are flying (Air Alaska).

THanks for all the tips. My kids have been looking at the Disneyland app and my 9 year old really wants to see WOC so we definitely will be seeing that. We have a 5 day park hopper so I hope to see as much as well can . my girls already have a list of rides they want to go on. I am wanting to do one character meal but haven't decided which one yet. When DH and I went many years ago we went to the one in Plaza Inn so I am thinking of a different one this time.
We did Minnie's last time as well. The kids loved it. We're still talking about whether we should try a different one or the same, if we go at all. It was a lot of fun so I think we should... dh has a hard time justifying the cost

SweetAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:46 AM   #83
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Just made our first reservation for the WOC package at Wine Country on Easter - they responded back within 30 minutes, this is so awesome!! SO much easier than WDW!

Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:37 PM   #84
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Ok so I just noticed - and this may be a typo - in the last showing days of March on the Disney site park hours, extra morning hours appear to be 2 hours vs. 1 hour.... but it doesn't appear to occur on the weekends. This is going to end up being a love/hate thing if it stretches into our trip - love the thought of 2 hours with low crowds, but holy cow that may start at 6am!

Editing this on Friday - looks like they've removed the 2 hour windows, must have been a mistake.

Me DH DS10 DD8

Last edited by aroundtheriverbend; 02-01-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #85
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Been super quiet around here, hope everyone is doing well! I've only got one more day of dining requests to do, so far we've gotten everything with no problems!

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 02-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #86
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheriverbend View Post
Been super quiet around here, hope everyone is doing well! I've only got one more day of dining requests to do, so far we've gotten everything with no problems!
we are doing great! I made our last ressie yesterday for my DD bday trip! got everything we wanted just waiting for our 30 day window now to make fantasmic and tour ressies

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #87
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
we are doing great! I made our last ressie yesterday for my DD bday trip! got everything we wanted just waiting for our 30 day window now to make fantasmic and tour ressies
Same here...hoping to book Walk in Walt's Footsteps. Hoping that the tours don't sell out too fast, as calling at 11 AM my time will be really hard during the week. Is "one month" a calendar month, or is it 30 days? With a short month like Feb., that makes a difference...
Old 02-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #88
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie Mouse View Post
Same here...hoping to book Walk in Walt's Footsteps. Hoping that the tours don't sell out too fast, as calling at 11 AM my time will be really hard during the week. Is "one month" a calendar month, or is it 30 days? With a short month like Feb., that makes a difference...
we are going to do that one too ! I just called it is 30 days!!!

Old 02-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #89
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
we are going to do that one too ! I just called it is 30 days!!!
Great news! This means I get to book my tour on a Saturday rather than a Monday. Much easier when the time I can call is 11 AM Thanks.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #90
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie Mouse View Post
Great news! This means I get to book my tour on a Saturday rather than a Monday. Much easier when the time I can call is 11 AM Thanks.
you're welcome, happy to help!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: