Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #16
oceanrose
Earning My Ears

We are going 3-22 - 3-31. I am hoping the link of the trip offsets the crowd levels! And planning on making some reservations, pacing ourselves, and just relaxing and enjoying the experience.
oceanrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #17
Julie711
Mouseketeer

We pushed our trip back a week and our now going April 16-19, first time to DL do you think this time will less crowded? I'm not even sure how busy is busy at DL, but we are WDW pros, we're just there twice in 2012, and have never been bothered by the crowds there, but not sure how comparable it will be.

Me DH DD(6yrs)DS(2 yrs)

9/06- CBR- Honeymoon/ 4/10- CBR- 1st Family Trip/ 8/10- CBR- Family & Grandmom Visit/ 5/11- CBR/ 2/12-AKL- Kid Free Trip For My B Day!/ 11/12- BWV- 1st Christmas Visit 4/13-DL-DH Birthday Trip Kid Free/ 9/13-WLV

Julie711 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #18
BryANDJessMom
Mouseketeer

Our school district (northern California ) the week of April 16...but it looks like alot of the breaks are scattered over a few weeks this year. (We will be there with a group of 25 moms and kids!!) I am hoping it won't be too crowded!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:55 PM   #19
KFJames
Mouseketeer

we'll be there from 26 march - 3 april, staying GCH using our DVC points . I know its going to be busy but its disney. We are actually taking a tour of LA on easter sunday, but may pop to the parks in the evening.
KFJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #20
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Welcome all, hope you early goers can have it all figured out by the time the rest of us get there - joking

KFJames - are you in the hotel or the DVC suites? We've never been to the suites there yet, so excited! I LOVE my DVC!!!

Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #21
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheriverbend View Post
Hi all, wondering if anyone would want to join in on a Spring Break survival thread! We usually try to avoid crowds like the plague, but this spring it worked out where the only time we can make it happen is Easter week. Would love to share stragies/war stories for survival. I'd be happy to track trips for folks too. Looking forward to it!

Aroundtheriverbend - 3/30-4/5, VGC
Shegardens - 3/31-4/6
T0rrent - 4/6-4/11
damiel - 3/31-4/3
Mackie Mouse - 3/24-3/28
We were there last Easter Sunday but it didn't seem as crowded as we thought it would be? So we'll be taking a chance this time around @ the VGC from Sat. March 30th til Tues. April 2nd. Judging from these boards it seem like Spring Breaks will be scattered though out the 2 months! It normally is the week before or the week after Easter Sunday!
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #22
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

I am also guilty of being a WDW veteran - I don't know how to *not* plan a Disney vacation months in advance. Here our plan so far:

Sunday 3/24 - evening arrival, check-in at Hojo
Head to Trader Sam's for drinks, maybe nextdoor to Tangaroa Terrance for dinner
If we get in really early, we'll make a reservation over at Jazz Kitchen that we can hopefully use

Mon 3/25 - Arrive for rope drop!
9:30 - Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour (whoohoo!)
Dinner at Chef's Counter at Napa Rose (already booked....yipee!)

Tues. 3/26
Magic Morning! Might be tough after our late dinner at Napa Rose...better lay off the wine a bit
Breakfast at 9:30 or so at the Plaza Inn after touring for a while
Dinner at Blue Bayou

Wed. 3/27
Focus in on DCA; hopefully we can get some RSR fastpasses even though it's an early entry day for on-site guests
Dinner at Carthay Circle

Thurs. 3/28 - check out of Hojo
Get to DCA for rope drop; will probably leave a bit after lunchtime (sadness!)

The fact that I will make these reservations but am not bound to them is going to be so awesome.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #23
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

hey thought I stop in on your thread too ....we will be there 3/29 - 4/3...have been 4 different times during spring break, but never for Easter!
as long as you have a good plan in place, use FP when you can and take the crowds into consideration it should be manageable.

when we lived in S CA we would go most Sunday mornings and the parks would be pretty quiet until around noon...so hoping Easter will be the same since most locals will be in church!

we usually make dining reservations just to be safe! DL doesn't have has many places to eat as WDW which I plan to the nth degree...DL we wing it a bit more since PH is so much easier and can always leave to eat at DTD too!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #24
WendyWhy
Mouseketeer

Great thread! I am so excited - just booked PPH for our trip April 4-5th - going with our family of DH, DS (6), and DD (2), and another family of 4 (two boys 5 and 3).

We are totally planning for horrific crowds - last time we were there was Thanksgiving 2011 - so we are ready...Will take advantage of EE and try to FP as much as possible.

Our only absolute must-dos are Blue Bayou, POTC and IJ - which were all closed when we were last there. Otherwise, it's just wandering with dopey grins and being happy to be there at all!
WendyWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #25
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Welome everyone!

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 01-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #26
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
hey thought I stop in on your thread too ....we will be there 3/29 - 4/3...have been 4 different times during spring break, but never for Easter!
as long as you have a good plan in place, use FP when you can and take the crowds into consideration it should be manageable.

when we lived in S CA we would go most Sunday mornings and the parks would be pretty quiet until around noon...so hoping Easter will be the same since most locals will be in church!

we usually make dining reservations just to be safe! DL doesn't have has many places to eat as WDW which I plan to the nth degree...DL we wing it a bit more since PH is so much easier and can always leave to eat at DTD too!
Good to hear about Easter! We're going to try to cram in some early room egg hunt (we are also traveling with DSIL and DN, 9) and still rally everyone up for 7am opening! Of course, we only get there on Friday, so by Sunday we may still be on East Coast time, I'm going to see if we can stay on it If we feel like it's 10 am, we should be rarin to go....

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 01-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #27
carlilekids
Earning My Ears

We have an early spring break. We'll planning to be there from 3/18-3/22.
carlilekids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #28
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie Mouse View Post
I am also guilty of being a WDW veteran - I don't know how to *not* plan a Disney vacation months in advance. Here our plan so far:

Sunday 3/24 - evening arrival, check-in at Hojo
Head to Trader Sam's for drinks, maybe nextdoor to Tangaroa Terrance for dinner
If we get in really early, we'll make a reservation over at Jazz Kitchen that we can hopefully use

Mon 3/25 - Arrive for rope drop!
9:30 - Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour (whoohoo!)
Dinner at Chef's Counter at Napa Rose (already booked....yipee!)

Tues. 3/26
Magic Morning! Might be tough after our late dinner at Napa Rose...better lay off the wine a bit
Breakfast at 9:30 or so at the Plaza Inn after touring for a while
Dinner at Blue Bayou

Wed. 3/27
Focus in on DCA; hopefully we can get some RSR fastpasses even though it's an early entry day for on-site guests
Dinner at Carthay Circle

Thurs. 3/28 - check out of Hojo
Get to DCA for rope drop; will probably leave a bit after lunchtime (sadness!)

The fact that I will make these reservations but am not bound to them is going to be so awesome.
This itinerary sounds awesome! Yeah, those early mornings kind of kill the wine nights, eh? I think we're going to try to "do nothing" one of the days we're there, hopefully it's warm enought to swim.....

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 01-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #29
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

I just saw this link on how to be one of the first at Radiator Springs Racers in the morning - very educational!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ght=wide+right

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 01-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #30
SweetAlex
Mouseketeer

We're going Spring Break as well... the kids won't know until we hit the Seattle Airport !

We'll be there March 17-22. So glad our Spring Break seems to be earlier than most. Last time we went a few years ago (the only other time) was early Feb and it was perfect for crowds!

So flippin' excited!
SweetAlex is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: