Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #211
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
maybe we will run into each other!

I just finished my TR from our dance trip if anyone wants to check it out...link in my signature..
Oh my goodness, I LOVED your TR!!! Thanks so much for sharing it, it's gotten me so excited about our trip! I had no idea of all the rest of the amazing and impactful experiences you have going on in your life - you are truly a strong and beautiful person! Thank you so much for sharing your story!

Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #212
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheriverbend View Post
Oh my goodness, I LOVED your TR!!! Thanks so much for sharing it, it's gotten me so excited about our trip! I had no idea of all the rest of the amazing and impactful experiences you have going on in your life - you are truly a strong and beautiful person! Thank you so much for sharing your story!
thanks for taking a look! and for your very kind words

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #213
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

I cat believe how close its getting - almost here! The weather is looking cool, not sure if we'll get much pool time, but who really cares we'll be at DLR!!!!!

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 03-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #214
sophies*mom
Mouseketeer

3 weeks left for us!

(DH) Eli -- (me) Elena
(DD) Sophie -- (DS) Parker

sophies*mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #215
pnwsurfer
Earning My Ears

My first post to this thread. Our family leaves on Monday, 4/1! DH and I visited as youngsters over 30 years ago. I still have my ears!! This will be DS (10 years old) first trip. Tonight at dinner, we were dreaming out loud about "what will we be doing this day next week at exactly this time?".

We fly PDX to LAX, take the shuttle and are staying at the Fairfield Inn. Our trip is from 4/1 to 4/5. We are prepared for busy crowds, but a dear friend shared a helpful/kind observation - he said when he visited Disneyland with his family, it was really busy, but he doesn't remember the crowds, he remembers the magic and the special time with his family.

I have read books, on-line resources and bought a touring plans subscription. We want to be prepared, but expect to "wing" it a bit as necessary. We don't have any dinner reservations. We plan to arrive at the park early, rest/swim/etc. at the motel in the afternoon and return for the evening.

Any suggestions for which park-which day for Magic Morning is appreciated!

Thanks!!!
pnwsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #216
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwsurfer View Post
My first post to this thread. Our family leaves on Monday, 4/1! DH and I visited as youngsters over 30 years ago. I still have my ears!! This will be DS (10 years old) first trip. Tonight at dinner, we were dreaming out loud about "what will we be doing this day next week at exactly this time?".

We fly PDX to LAX, take the shuttle and are staying at the Fairfield Inn. Our trip is from 4/1 to 4/5. We are prepared for busy crowds, but a dear friend shared a helpful/kind observation - he said when he visited Disneyland with his family, it was really busy, but he doesn't remember the crowds, he remembers the magic and the special time with his family.

I have read books, on-line resources and bought a touring plans subscription. We want to be prepared, but expect to "wing" it a bit as necessary. We don't have any dinner reservations. We plan to arrive at the park early, rest/swim/etc. at the motel in the afternoon and return for the evening.

Thanks!!!

Welcome! I'll add you to the first page. Unfortunately this is my first trip, so I'll have to leave good advice to the veterans

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 03-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #217
Aurora06
Earning My Ears

Getting closer for us too!!!! We are already very excited! I am wondering what the weather will be like at the end of April. I hope for some nice, warm weather.

pnwsurfer, when you come back please post about your experience. We will be staying at the same hotel, so I would appreciate any tips you will have to share!

Counting days!!!
Aurora06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #218
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

2 days for us!!! We fly out at 7:45 Friday morning, 2 days on the Queen Mary, then off to DLR!!

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 03-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #219
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

2 weeks for us!! Crazy to think we won't even have landed for another hour and half at this time, blegh. I keep wanting to start packing but it's just too early!

The only thing left to do is book the airport shuttle - I'm leaning towards Super Shuttle but I just don't know! any recommendations?

DH Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* (TR Here!) DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: Our Disney Wedding & Honeymoon TR***Dining Review***Our Disney Wedding Planning Journal
elphie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #220
sophies*mom
Mouseketeer

How exciting! Its getting closer for all of us, finally!

(DH) Eli -- (me) Elena
(DD) Sophie -- (DS) Parker

sophies*mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #221
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphie101 View Post
2 weeks for us!! Crazy to think we won't even have landed for another hour and half at this time, blegh. I keep wanting to start packing but it's just too early!

The only thing left to do is book the airport shuttle - I'm leaning towards Super Shuttle but I just don't know! any recommendations?
That's the shuttle place we're using too, the Queen Mary hotel recommended it.

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 03-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #222
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphie101 View Post

we use Super Shuttle all the time and never had any issues with them...book it on-line and then you don't have to worry about paying for it later, you can even add a tip if you want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwsurfer View Post

Thanks!!!
you'll really like the Fairfield! walking takes about 10 minutes or so to the gates! my best advice get to the parks for rope drop and get your top rides done first!
Magic Morning is only at Disneyland NOT CA Adventure!
your friend gave you some great advice....just enjoy and whatever you get done, you get done!
utilize fast passes when you can and have fun!

one more sleep for us!!!! finishing up our packing today ....we will arrive at DLH around 6pm tomorrow!

safe travels to all who are leaving and have a trip filled with

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #223
Mimimomto4
Earning My Ears

We had a great time this week! The crowds were the worst on Monday, and moderate at all other times...on Monday it was just packed. We are already planning our next trip, which will not be during spring break
Mimimomto4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #224
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimimomto4 View Post
We had a great time this week! The crowds were the worst on Monday, and moderate at all other times...on Monday it was just packed. We are already planning our next trip, which will not be during spring break
So glad you had a great time!

We are down to 1 day, I can't believe it.... I left work early to finish the packing, we head to the airport at 5:45 am Eastern tomorrow!

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 03-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #225
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post

one more sleep for us!!!! finishing up our packing today ....we will arrive at DLH around 6pm tomorrow!

safe travels to all who are leaving and have a trip filled with

You too, this is going to be such a great trip!

Me DH DS10 DD8

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: