Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #181
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyWhy
We still have 3 weeks before we leave - but can you believe DH broke his right arm (he's right-handed)!!

I am so apprehensive and the crowds for first week in April are going to be gnarly too...

Acccccck!!
Oh no!!!! So sorry to hear about DH.

Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #182
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by road2disney
Spring break trip planned as of yesterday!! [April 4 & 5]
This is soooooo last minute for us but we're going for it!

We were there last summer in August and in July 2010, so we've got some summer trips under our belt, but we had 5-day hoppers then. This time we only have 2 days @DLR and I don't think we'll get hoppers. Looking forward to a new way of touring Disneyland and CA.
Welcome! I'll get you added to the list.

Me DH DS10 DD8
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #183
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyWhy View Post
We still have 3 weeks before we leave - but can you believe DH broke his right arm (he's right-handed)!!

I am so apprehensive and the crowds for first week in April are going to be gnarly too...

Acccccck!!
oh no...thankfully he has the three weeks to have it heal some and get used to wearing the cast! love the idea posted earlier to have the characters sign it!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #184
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

*bumping*

Early Spring Breakers - how's it going? One week from right now, we will be on our way to Anaheim, driving out with friends from Phoenix! Send some reports back to make this wait go faster!
Old 03-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #185
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

I guess this is me too! DBF & I will be at DLR April 10th-15th - it'll be our (essentially) first time! I've been once on a day trip during a family vacation about 10 years ago to San Diego (when we were so horrified at the thought of finally being on the West Coast and NOT going to Disneyland that us kids begged my dad to go for a day) but the memories are very faint and we didn't visited California Adventure.

DBF on the other hand has NEVER been outside of an hour's drive from northern MA - except to visit WDW with his parents every year (they've been AP holders there his whole life) So I'm calling this trip the "slowly easing DBF into non-Orlando travel" trip - I figure being on a Disney property will help with the culture shock!

We'll be staying at Fairfield Inn Anaheim and planning one day to rent a car and explore Hollywood (I'm determined to take a photo in the Pacific!) and we've also booked the Walk in Walt's Disneyland Footsteps tour! The next 24 days can't pass fast enough!

DH Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* (TR Here!) DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: Our Disney Wedding & Honeymoon TR***Dining Review***Our Disney Wedding Planning Journal
elphie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:26 AM   #186
bmccorquodale
Earning My Ears

20th Birthday on Spring Break?

Me being the Disney lover that I am, decided back in January that I wanted to go to Disneyland for my 20th birthday in April! I went for the first time last March on a spur of the moment California-Weekend trip (that my parents had planned a week before we went) and only got to enjoy 11 hours at Disneyland AND California Adventure with a 1 Day Park-Hopper ticket.. Most rushed day ever!! PLUS it being my first time there, and having to try and do as much in one day as possible was kind of stressful! Which is why I'm extremely excited to go back for my 20th Birthday from April 14th-19th (my birthday is on the 16th) with my best friend! I'm really hoping the spring break crowds have died down a bit by then, so it can be a bit more relaxing and enjoyable. I'm a little bit disappointed that the fireworks won't be happening every night that I'm there, as they change the firework schedule on the 12th from being every night, to just weekends.. But at least I'll be able to get in a nice show on the 14th! I've done so much research planning this trip, made dining reservations at multiple places throughout the parks and I just ordered my PhotoPass Plus package! However, I would absolutely LOVE it if there was anybody on here who could help me by telling me some information about what the best things there are to do there throughout the week as I want to do as many amazing things as I possibly can to make it the best birthday ever! Thanks in advance!
bmccorquodale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #187
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccorquodale View Post
Me being the Disney lover that I am, decided back in January that I wanted to go to Disneyland for my 20th birthday in April! I went for the first time last March on a spur of the moment California-Weekend trip (that my parents had planned a week before we went) and only got to enjoy 11 hours at Disneyland AND California Adventure with a 1 Day Park-Hopper ticket.. Most rushed day ever!! PLUS it being my first time there, and having to try and do as much in one day as possible was kind of stressful! Which is why I'm extremely excited to go back for my 20th Birthday from April 14th-19th (my birthday is on the 16th) with my best friend! I'm really hoping the spring break crowds have died down a bit by then, so it can be a bit more relaxing and enjoyable. I'm a little bit disappointed that the fireworks won't be happening every night that I'm there, as they change the firework schedule on the 12th from being every night, to just weekends.. But at least I'll be able to get in a nice show on the 14th! I've done so much research planning this trip, made dining reservations at multiple places throughout the parks and I just ordered my PhotoPass Plus package! However, I would absolutely LOVE it if there was anybody on here who could help me by telling me some information about what the best things there are to do there throughout the week as I want to do as many amazing things as I possibly can to make it the best birthday ever! Thanks in advance!
fun getting to celebrate your birthday!

definately get a b-day button from City Hall!
see the Aladdin show in DCA!
go to Animation Academy in DCA - fun drawing charactes and you get to keep your drawing!
watch Billy Hill and the HillBillies in DL at the Golden Horseshoe, get there early so you can sit up front!
take time to walk around and see all the little details!
have fun and have fun!!!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #188
EGHopeful
Mouseketeer

I was thinking of a leash too! We will be there from April 1 - 5
Old 03-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #189
Chereya
DIS Veteran

FYI, they are allowing Ariel's Grotto as a World of Color dinner package restaurant during spring break period:

Disney California Adventure will be temporarily replacing the evening Princess celebration with a World of Color dinner package during the busy Spring Break period, 03/22/13 - 04/14/13. From 4/15/13 on, the Princess celebration will only be held Mondays through Thursdays evenings, with a World of Color dinner package available on the weekends. There are no changes to breakfast and lunch.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #190
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie Mouse View Post
*bumping*

Early Spring Breakers - how's it going? One week from right now, we will be on our way to Anaheim, driving out with friends from Phoenix! Send some reports back to make this wait go faster!
I second this!

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 03-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #191
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Welcome to all the new folks! I'll get you added to the first page.

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 03-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #192
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chereya View Post
FYI, they are allowing Ariel's Grotto as a World of Color dinner package restaurant during spring break period:

Disney California Adventure will be temporarily replacing the evening Princess celebration with a World of Color dinner package during the busy Spring Break period, 03/22/13 - 04/14/13. From 4/15/13 on, the Princess celebration will only be held Mondays through Thursdays evenings, with a World of Color dinner package available on the weekends. There are no changes to breakfast and lunch.
Very interesting news, thanks! I've got WOC booked right now at Wine Country, anyone have any thougths on Ariel's Grotto overall?

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 03-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #193
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie Mouse View Post
*bumping*

LOL I've been contemplating starting my ticker over so I can watch Pluto run across the castle in the next 11 days vs. the slow crawl we've been doing for the last 7 months.... ahhhhh the waiting!!

Me DH DS10 DD8
Old 03-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #194
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundtheriverbend View Post
LOL I've been contemplating starting my ticker over so I can watch Pluto run across the castle in the next 11 days vs. the slow crawl we've been doing for the last 7 months.... ahhhhh the waiting!!
I am shocked that I have not thought of this idea before. Too funny!!

Today I had to stop at the pharmacy to pick up prescriptions and grab essential supplies - travel-size toothpaste, travel-size contact lens solution, travel-size sunscreen, and of course...Band-Aids I'll probably start my packing list tonight.

Four days until I get on a plane...Spring Break, come soon!!
Old 03-19-2013, 06:58 AM   #195
sophies*mom
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!
Its been a while since I checked in but now that we're under 30 days, its starting to feel real!!

I made a countdown chain with Sophie (DD3) and it turned out so cute.

26 days!

(DH) Eli -- (me) Elena
(DD) Sophie -- (DS) Parker

sophies*mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: