Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
SG101
Mouseketeer

Turtle Farm Questions

Questions about Turtle Farm --- I know the 20% discount is applied on the www.turtle.ky website, but should we just do the Turtle Farm or the entire park? (I have a 9 and 5 year old)

Also, do the tickets print out on the last page or do I need to purchase them in enough time for them to mail them to me?

Also, we're there from 11:30AM to 4:45PM -- is there enough time to visit Hard Rock and Margaritaville as well? Should we do lunch at Margaritaville and then the Turtle Farm (just running into Hard Rock for souvenirs)?

Thanks.
* Disney Wonder 7 Days Mexican Riviera April 2011
* Disney Fantasy 7 Days Western Caribbean Feb 2013
* Disney Wonder 7 Days Alaska June 2014 (We're finally Gold!!!)
* Disney Wonder 5 Days San Diego October 2015
SG101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

The turtle farm by itself is good for about 45 minutes. We were there in 2009--I was not impressed with the cleanliness (or lack thereof ) of the rest of the park. The buffet for the DCL excursion people was sitting out in the heat from the time we walked in, and still hadn't been opened to serve anyone when we left. That made me question their food safety procedures (OK, it was possible that every dish was on a cooling plate or a bowl of ice that I couldn't see).

Since you have a very short port time and have other things that you want to do...I'd just do the turtle farm.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
bwallace
Keeps Pulling Me In

We did the whole park in december.

I would think it would be a waste just to do the tour.
After we finished the tour part, I remember telling my mom, " i would've been pissed if We had paid $25 each just for that."

We stayed and played in the pool area for a few hours before heading back to the ship for lunch. (ages: 54, 33, 32, 4, 2)

The main pool area is neat and pretty large. It was pretty neat to be underwater and separated from a barracuda's face by just a sheet of glass.
The slide is small, but kids may like it.

and the snorkeling experience is worth a try.

The pool area and changing rooms were clean and well maintained while we were there (first half of the day). only complaint was no hot water in the showers.

we didn't do the restaurant, so i've got nothing to say about its quality and cleanliness
Old 01-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #4
emtmom
Mouseketeer

We did the tour and park last year, with kids 13, 5, and 2. The kids loved it. After touring the farm (and they spent a TON of time holding the turtles), they played in the lagoon swimming and snorkeling. They also enjoyed the aviary, which was small but still nice and they had a blast feeding the birds.

emtmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: