Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #16
kristieboyd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
This is a no brainer...she goes in the room with the friend for booking purposes. Have you verified with DCL that you are able to add her to their room on the special?

If life gets a little too crazy with all of you and one shower, remember that some of the adults can opt to shower in the spa locker room.
Yes, they actually added her to their room a couple of hours ago for a total cost of $70! All I had to do was fax a copy of her driver's license to verify she'll still be 17 at the time of sailing for the discount to apply. I just wanted to make sure we weren't going to 'get in trouble' or anything for allowing her to actually stay in our room.
kristieboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #17
Max02215
Earning My Ears

As a Family of 5, we have done this many times. I wouldn't worry about it. One Child is on "the books" in one room, however, the entire time they were staying in our room. No worries
Max02215 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #18
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristieboyd View Post
I asked about that (would LOVE the extra bathroom with a teenager!) but to keep the room we have now & add another would be $1000 more. "down grading" to a lower room category to save some of that money would cost us more in penalties since we're only 28 days out from sailing. Adding her to the friends' room costs less than $100 since she qualifies for the Kids Sale Free promo.
No brainer here! Sign her up with the other family, squish everyone into your room. My kids also shared a twin bed all the time when they were smaller. Your host will bring extra pillows and blankets if you request.

The adults can also shower at the spa if you need to, any time it is open.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #19
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Your stateroom host will give you an extra life jacket for her. She will need to go to the correct muster station, but with the jacket in your room you can make sure she has it before going to the station.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August
Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #20
son3disfan
DIS Veteran

We have done this....booked 2 then added the third child to the second room when we got there. They will give you addional keys. The only thing you need to clear up on day one is to let the stateroom host know whether he is taking care of a room of 5 or 4 and tip accordingly. They do depend on their tips.
In our case, the same stateroom host was looking after both rooms, so he was tipped for 5, either way.

DISNEY CRUISES:
Wonder2008/ Magic Eastern2009
Magic Western2010/Wonder Mexican Riviera2011
Magic Eastern2012/ Wonder Alaska2013
son3disfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #21
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Not trying to be negative but just giving all aspects. The only glitch I can see would be if your friends had to cancel for some reason. That would leave your teenager with no space on the ship and you scrambling. I wouldn't enter into this situation without trip insurance.

ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: