Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #1
FreeThinker
Mouseketeer

Random Bonnet Creek questions...

After much thought and deliberation, we have finally decided to stay at Bonnet Creek on our May vacation. I plan to book today! We are getting a 3bedroom unit, and I have 5 kids ranging from 2 to 10. I was going to request towers 5 or 6, so we would be by the lazy river and pirate pool. We are driving, so I plan to pack most of what we need, aside from the groceries we get once we get there. I am a minimalist when it comes to packing, but can take the things we really need.

1. Are there life jackets there? I saw the tubes for the lazy river in pics, are these free? What other water items are available there? What should I bring?

2. Anyone used the grills there? At home I grill several times per week, and am thinking of doing a few meals outside on the grill. Any tips, where the grills over-crusted w/ grease so that they catch fire? Will I have a hard time getting a grill? Are they in high-demand. The lady I talked to said there were some by tower 5, so hoping to get in 5 or 6!

3. What is the transportation like? I will be taking a stroller for the 2 year old, and a backpack w/ diapers/snacks and probably a lunch-box cooler for drinks. Is there room for everything? At MK do they drop off at the transportation center, or right in front of the gates?

4. Wifi- I have read different reports, spotty service. We are thinking of taking a router and plugging it in directly. WIll this work? Dh and I will both have laptops to play on when the kids go to bed

5. Are the beds comfortable? Is there a difference beteween the matresses in Deluxe vs. Presidential?

And anything else you think I might need to know staying w/ 5 kids We stayed off-site at a house last year and had a lot of fun!
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
Familytradition
Earning My Ears

We're also going in May. This will be our 4th year @ Bonnet Creek so hopefully I can answer some of what you're looking for.

1. Life jackets - I don't think they offer them. You can use them, but you'd have to buy them on their own. The tubes are free. You can sign out, water pool balls etc at each pool.

2. We've used the grills several times when we're there. We stay for 2 weeks so we get a lot of use out of them. They're pretty simple to use, and the best part is- we've seen the maintenance staff actually cleaning them off - although we cleaned our after we were done anyway. They rent out all of your bbq utensils as well.

3. We've never taken the transportation sorry. Although I do hear it's pretty good. They run regularly using full size vans so I'm guessing you can fit a stroller.

4. We had wi fi in our room - either that, or we were near a hot spot. We nver had problems.

5. Beds were definitely comfortable. Our last stay was in tower 3. Don't think it really matters where you are - the beds were fabulous. Anything else you want to know just ask.
Familytradition is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

only disney buses go to the front at the MK.

so you will be let off at the TTC - like the other offsite buses.

have seem them cleaning the grills too - seems like they clean them everyday if used or not.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
Disneyforkids
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familytradition View Post
We're also going in May. This will be our 4th year @ Bonnet Creek so hopefully I can answer some of what you're looking for.

1. Life jackets - I don't think they offer them. You can use them, but you'd have to buy them on their own. The tubes are free. You can sign out, water pool balls etc at each pool.

2. We've used the grills several times when we're there. We stay for 2 weeks so we get a lot of use out of them. They're pretty simple to use, and the best part is- we've seen the maintenance staff actually cleaning them off - although we cleaned our after we were done anyway. They rent out all of your bbq utensils as well.

3. We've never taken the transportation sorry. Although I do hear it's pretty good. They run regularly using full size vans so I'm guessing you can fit a stroller.

4. We had wi fi in our room - either that, or we were near a hot spot. We nver had problems.

5. Beds were definitely comfortable. Our last stay was in tower 3. Don't think it really matters where you are - the beds were fabulous. Anything else you want to know just ask.
Just curious to see what kind of rate you got for you May stay at WBC. thanks.
Disneyforkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #5
Familytradition
Earning My Ears

We're paying a little over $600 Canadian a week. We've got a 2 bed room for 2 weeks. So about $1,300 for 2 weeks.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
Disneyforkids
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familytradition View Post
We're paying a little over $600 Canadian a week. We've got a 2 bed room for 2 weeks. So about $1,300 for 2 weeks.
Wow. that's a great deal!!! When r u going and where did you book it? We are restricted by our dates, our spring break dates and then Thanksgiving and then After xmas...or late May first week in June....sight.
Disneyforkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #7
Familytradition
Earning My Ears

We're going to be there the first two weeks of May. Later into the month the price jumps a bit. My wife's uncle owns a timeshare at Orange Lake. He the gets access to a web site called RCI. They have all kinds of rooms at really chepa prices. He gives me his login information and I stalk to the boards everyday,looking for Bonnet Creek to pop up. When it does, I grab it. It doesn't cost him anything cause I'm not using his "weeks" and it only costs me an extra $75.00 bucks I think for a "Guest Certificate". I've never seen any rates that come close to what we get from RCI. As long as he has his condo, we're booking through them
Old 01-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #8
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
1. Are there life jackets there?

2. Anyone used the grills there? Any tips, where the grills over-crusted w/ grease so that they catch fire? Will I have a hard time getting a grill?

3. What is the transportation like?

4. Wifi- I have read different reports, spotty service.

5. Are the beds comfortable?

And anything else you think I might need to know staying w/ 5 kids !
1 = no

2 = yes, bring grilling tools (tongs spatual ect ect) the stuff in the condo are barely adequate. At times, they are empty, at times you just take a few beers and wait in line.

3= never use it. We park at the swan and dolphin and use disney transportation from there.

4= just bring your own wifi router. plug it in to the data jack. gives you personal wifi, and adds a firewall between you and the other guests in your condo tower. we have fun looking at the files and photos of those who dont know how to lock down their personal compueters on the tower network.

5= yes, except for the pull out. that bad is horrid.

bring things like renyolds wrap for grilling. it can be a long walk to your condo after gilling. you dont want your food to get cold or breathed on by others in the elevators.
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #9
JessB320
DIS Veteran

No lifejackets

Grill are awesome, don't bring any tools you can check out all BBQ stuff you need at the activity Center at no cost ( tongs, spatula etc.)

Buses are great and run every 1/2 hour I believe

Wifi is all over now and worked great, we have 5 kids too and they ALL used the wifi all the time , I would sit on the balcony with my iPad never had issues

Beds are great, sofa couch well.... We put the littlest two kids on it and were fine lol

We bought cheap pool noodles for the little kids at Walmart and just gave them to a new family when we left but I seem to remember some kinds of pool toys for checkout at the activity center

Have a great trip!!
Check out the activity center when you arrive, there will be all kinds of free activities each day we did mini golf, saw animals from gator land ( got awesome pics of kids with a baby alligator) had ballon animals made, watched a movie outside, and had kids faces painted . All for free ( we did tip face painter and ballon guy ) there is a lot to do for all aged kids and you !!
JessB320 is offline   Reply With Quote