Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #46
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by talulabelle
I can't stand the cryptic posts either. One I saw the other day from one of my chronic cryptic posting friends was "another one bites the dust". So, I could care less what bit the dust and I just scroll on, cuz if she can't tell me straight off the first time, I can't be bothered to ask. But of course, someones curiosity just gets to them and they ask "another what?" SO now that she feels like someone actually cares, she goes on to describe that another one of her kids just came down with the flu. Why not just say in the first post "Now Jane has come down with the flu"? Of course, then that would put her inthe posting every boring detail of her life category I guess. SO it's a lose-lose situation.

I also hate the ones that post private jokes and others that are in on it chime in . THen some poor sap asks, what are you guys talking about? and they don't answer. It reminds me of the juvenial mean tactics of high school where a person that is not "in" the crowd is ignored. So petty. If you don't want to let everyone in on the joke or story, keep it off FB and text each other privately for God's sake. We don't want to be your audience and we don't think you're cute, cool , or clever.
(funny enough, this came from the same cryptic poster I described above - she is a grown woman and SO immature!)

I also hate when some on will post "RIP John Doe" or something similar and then people who know what happened to John Doe add their sympathies and someone who had no idea John Doe is no longer with us asks "what happened to John?! I saw him last week!" and NO ONE ANSWERS! Or maybe they privately message the person because they feel it is wrong in someway to post on fb how poor old John met with his demise - YET FOR SOME REASON they think it is perfectly fine to announce to everyone on fb that John is gone. Just annoying!
All I do as far as the jokes are concern is remind others I am a workaholic not sure it is something to be proud of and if someone had a question regrading it I would explain it.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #47
DeluxePrincess
Humming the Farm Town song...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
How about the opposite of TMI? I'm talking about the cryptic post, such as "oh, I knew this would happen". They get asked what do they mean, but they never reply
Haha! I see those a few times a day. Here's a direct quote I took from my Facebook wall right now, "Beyond frustrated and disappointed.." This is followed by 6 people wondering what's wrong and the OP comes back and says to one of the 6, "I'll tell you tomorrow." Too bad for the other 5 concerned individuals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefmickeymouse View Post
I have many petty Facebook annoyances, but my favorite right now is my niece. I call her my "Yes, pleaser". Example: Chocolate cake, Yes, please! Margarita, Yes, Please! We are treated to a couple of these gems a day.
Oh I hate those too! So annoying.
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #48
talulabelle
DIS Veteran

Oh- I thought of another annoyance- I have a fb friend who posts more pics of the cocktails she drinks than she does of her kids. Every occasion- Christmas- New Years- Fridays- "Wine Wednesdays" as she calls them. She posts a pic of her drink. And she always writes "cheers!" In the caption. UHg. We are not all so captivated by your drinking habit as you are! And then her friends that are as dull as her write "yum!" In the comments.
talulabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #49
scheddj
Take that Tag Fairy - I made my own!!

My daughter had a friend who posted a link to a "Sandy Hook Shootings a Government Hoax" video on U-Tube. That went waaay past annoying and into disturbing and disrespectful. Needless to say, they are not friends anymore!
scheddj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #50
HippieChickadee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheddj View Post
My daughter had a friend who posted a link to a "Sandy Hook Shootings a Government Hoax" video on U-Tube. That went waaay past annoying and into disturbing and disrespectful. Needless to say, they are not friends anymore!
Are you serious!?
HippieChickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:33 AM   #51
EllaM
Mouseketeer

I have one. My 11 yo niece is into her Negative Nelly stage. Any picture or comment I share, she mocks if it doesn't meet her high standards for liking. My favorite was her desire to chime in during a discussion I was having with my brother (her dad). Niece Negative Nelly had to mock us both for our long answers. "These are comments not books" she said.

I really don't care to use Facebook at all and am only dragged there by my less techie family. I'm a web designer and a blogger. If I want to share stories or photos with my friends, I can do that on one of my websites. I've been doing that for over a decade. In fact, I've been online so long the majority of my friends refuse to even get on Facebook. Techies shun that as the tech idiot's forum. If I'm going to use a social network, I stick to G+. Since it is tied to Android and Google, the conversations over there are FAR more intelligent.
EllaM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: