Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #61
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

Parent B is wrong and should MYOB !
Old 01-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #62
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam81

I totally agree! We have called the authorities numerous times because parents had their children in unsafe motor vehicles. If your automobile does not meet the highest crash test ratings and we see you out - phone call.
Ok, that is not right. If the child is left in an unattended car, that's one thing, but just because you don't think the car is safe, it's really not your business. Especially since you have no idea what crash ratings are for every car.

For example, We have a small Ford Fiesta, that most would think isn't safe; however, it has amongst the highest crash test ratings in America.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #63
Duchie
"Answers are the easy part, questions raise the doubt." - J. Buffett

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMommy View Post
Parent A: Drops older child off at preschool and picks up daily. Leaves infant in car. Car is running. Doors are locked. School is located inside a church in a rural area.

Parent B: Notices infant in car and videotapes infant as well as the car's tag number. Reports to the preschool director and threatens to call police if Parent A continues to leave child in car. He/She brings his or her younger child in every pickup/drop-off.

State Law: A child may be left unattended in a car, running or not, for up to 10 minutes.
I'm curious to know why the OP felt the need to use her "sock puppet" to ask this question, and why she has not been back since to comment further.
Duchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #64
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam81 View Post
Why take a chance? I feel better notifying the authorities that a child could potentially be in an unsafe situation. Literally two weeks ago my wife notified that authorities of 2 children in a 2011 Sienna. That mini-van only received three stars on the frontal impact test. Those children could potentially be at risk in a front collision! Again why take the chance!

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #65
mdsoccermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
Ok, that is not right. If the child is left in an unattended car, that's one thing, but just because you don't think the car is safe, it's really not your business. Especially since you have no idea what crash ratings are for every car.

For example, We have a small Ford Fiesta, that most would think isn't safe; however, it has amongst the highest crash test ratings in America.
I see a lot of people have their sarcasm meters turned off today.
mdsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #66
Sam81
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Yea I would be calling the police if I saw a child in a Fiesta. If you loved your children they would be in at least a Taurus. Sorry, but why take a chance with your Snowshine. Besides my gifted child is allergic to the carpets used in Fords.
Sam81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #67
Maryr1
DIS Veteran

I think parent B is a trouble maker. Parent A made a decision that she was comfortable with. It was not illegal. Whether parent B agreed with it or not, it's none of her business. Then she vidoe taped it. What a nut. If parent B was REALLY concerned she would have hung around, watched the car, and maybe chatted with parent A on her way out. Instead, she videos it, than reports the parent. Trouble maker, clear as day.
Maryr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #68
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

Quote:
Why take a chance? I feel better notifying the authorities that a child could potentially be in an unsafe situation. Literally two weeks ago my wife notified that authorities of 2 children in a 2011 Sienna. That mini-van only received three stars on the frontal impact test. Those children could potentially be at risk in a front collision! Again why take the chance!
Why waste your time on the "what ifs?"

If it were me, I would go and confront Person B for being a busy-body and sticking her oars into other people's business.

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: Feb 2012 TR ~ PTR ~ No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip!

Sparkly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #69
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam81

Yea I would be calling the police if I saw a child in a Fiesta. If you loved your children they would be in at least a Taurus. Sorry, but why take a chance with your Snowshine. Besides my gifted child is allergic to the carpets used in Fords.
You see, there's my point. The Fiesta is rated as a safer car than the Taurus, by a large amount.

Now would I keep my Fiesta when I have kids? Perhaps not, but that's from a practical matter of room for everything.

But the point is that it is none of your business what kind of car I drive with kids.

Now, if a kid, especially and infant is left unattended in ANY car for ANY amount of time, they should be reported.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #70
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

Quote:
I totally agree! We have called the authorities numerous times because parents had their children in unsafe motor vehicles. If your automobile does not meet the highest crash test ratings and we see you out - phone call.
You call the police whenever you see a baby in a Toyota Camry or a Nissan Versa? you must have them on speed dial.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #71
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

Quote:
You see, there's my point. The Fiesta is rated as a safer car than the Taurus, by a large amount.

Now would I keep my Fiesta when I have kids? Perhaps not, but that's from a practical matter of room for everything.

But the point is that it is none of your business what kind of car I drive with kids.

Now, if a kid, especially and infant is left unattended in ANY car for ANY amount of time, they should be reported.
Based on his last post, he's just stirring the pot.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #72
jgh
Peter Pan!

I wouldn't do it, but that doesn't mean it's wrong to do it, if she's taking precautions and running in and out.

jgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #73
LuvLDM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwade77

For the love of God, he's KIDDING!!!
LuvLDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #74
Sam81
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore'sthebest View Post
Based on his last post, he's just stirring the pot.
Not true. I am observing a potentially unsafe situation and reporting it. This is no different from anyone else. The general "You" may not like it but that is all I am doing.

In fact I think it is actually safer to leave a child in a parked car than to put them on the highway in an unsafe car.
Sam81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #75
FLCyndi
Mouseketeer

FLCyndi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: