Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 04:52 AM   #1
macadoo
Earning My Ears

Coffee machines in resort rooms

I understand there is a coffee machine in the rooms at POR, do mousekeeping leave you coffee when needed or do we buy from the shop? Also do they supply milk/creamer/sugar in the room? We will hopefully be near enough to the foodcourt to make use of our refillable cups but thinking if we a bit of a hike away we may have to use the coffee machine in the room for my morning caffeine fix .
macadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:15 AM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Housekeeping does leave supplies - you can see a picture of it on the POR thread.

However, many people report it is not the best coffee in the world and they often bring their own.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #3
macadoo
Earning My Ears

Great, thank you.
macadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:39 AM   #4
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Do the values have coffee makers?
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #5
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea
Do the values have coffee makers?
Only the Family Suites at AoA or AsMu have coffee makers.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #6
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

coffee machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Housekeeping does leave supplies - you can see a picture of it on the POR thread.

However, many people report it is not the best coffee in the world and they often bring their own.
I know this may sound Nuts,but for my september 2013 trip i plan on bringing my own four cup coffee maker with my starbucks coffee. I have allready spoken with POR and they informed me that this okay. I will unpug it when i leave for the day. I will also wash it out myself.
2012 WDW Riverside Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest Room. Disney cruiseline The Fantasy. 2007 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise pier hotel. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French quater. 2002 WDW@ Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Cruiseline The Wonder. 2000 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. Disneyland 1999 1998,1996 2013 WDW Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest
a proud stockholder and a mariner and seahawk fan for life
Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #7
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickprincess View Post
I know this may sound Nuts,but for my september 2013 trip i plan on bringing my own four cup coffee maker with my starbucks coffee. I have allready spoken with POR and they informed me that this okay. I will unpug it when i leave for the day. I will also wash it out myself.
Just a few words of advice.

First of all, you will never speak directly to the resort. You are routed to a Central Call Center that answers the phone as if they were in the resort. It is all about the illusion that you are speaking to someone directly. They may not even be on-site.

Second, the CM's are not always the best trained. For every one uniformed CM that will tell you it is okay, the well-trained ones will tell you it is not a good idea.

Any appliance not supplied by Disney, cannot be verified by Disney as to its working order. If by some chance, an incident would occur while you are out of your room, you would ultimately be liable for it if it was caused by your appliance. I work in facilities management, so I am fully aware of how liability works in case of a fire.

Best to bring your own supplies and use the appliance supplied by Disney. Don't take any chances.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: