Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #31
disadventurer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnik View Post
Funny you mention this cause when the housekeeping manager told me about this I said to her, those aren't warm enough! This is another reason why I'm glad I bring my own blankets! Some nights got down to 30 when we were there!
Had the extra blankets too! Free Dining wasn't enough to keep me warm!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #32
DisneyGuy758
Let's go Murphys!

I watch too much TV.

The one thing I remember from the Hotel Impossible show is, never use bedding that isn't white in color. They rarely get washed, and when they do, they do not get BLEACHED.

I kick the bed cover to the floor first thing in a hotel.

Me DW DS 14 DS 8 DS 2

The DisneyGuy Clan Hits the world...8/10-8/16

My non-Disney related hobby.
DisneyGuy758 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #33
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by disadventurer View Post
Had the extra blankets too! Free Dining wasn't enough to keep me warm!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:51 PM   #34
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
No it's not. That's a myth.
It most certainly...is. Im in that line of business. It is 100% sterile and disease free. Cant hurt anyone or anything.....even though it is kinda pungent...
alecshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #35
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

in all honesty...the only thing we do is lysol the door knobs...remote, you know, the things you touch. Other than that....I dont even worry about the sheets. Go and have fun, dont get ocd over things that are irrelevant. And, sometimes i even forget the whole lysol thing. But, i enjoy vacations..i sleep very well in a bed that may or may not be "clean"
When you spwnd 1-2 years in afganistan..you realize there is nothing really dirty in America...We, and the rest of the civilized world are pretty darn clean.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:02 AM   #36
thefigueroas
Mouseketeer

Location: Wherever the Navy lets us rest our feet!-for now it is Naples, Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecshawn View Post
in all honesty...the only thing we do is lysol the door knobs...remote, you know, the things you touch. Other than that....I dont even worry about the sheets. Go and have fun, dont get ocd over things that are irrelevant. And, sometimes i even forget the whole lysol thing. But, i enjoy vacations..i sleep very well in a bed that may or may not be "clean"
When you spwnd 1-2 years in afganistan..you realize there is nothing really dirty in America...We, and the rest of the civilized world are pretty darn clean.
Amen to that. We live in Naples, Italy right now (Navy assignment) and it has made me realize that we in the States are spoiled. I regularly have to drive on streets piled high with garbage, they burn their trash and the air smells so bad of burning plastic that I have to leave my windows shut, and is just an overall very dirty place. People leave their cars unlocked not because it's safe but in hopes that the people breaking into them won't break their windows. There is a 30% unemployment rate here and people are desperate. Urine on a sheet would not make me happy and I would have it addressed but we as a society in general need to relax. There are many people in this world much worse off than we are. It is just hard to imagine if you have never seen it. I think that is the problem.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #37
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

I will say that the new 'sheet-blankets' we had at All Star Sports last week.. I was like "I don't know this is enough to keep me warm.

BUT.. thru a combination of adjusting the room temperature on the new thermostat and that sheet-blanket .. I was quite comfy in the room.

Your mileage may vary.

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #38
DisneyGuy758
Let's go Murphys!

In 2007 we were staying at ASMo, and my youngest DS (just 1 at the time) was having a hard time from the plane ride. He was walking in front of the TV and just vomited on the floor. It wasn't a little spit up...it was full fledged hangover vomit. I called Mousekeeping and they said someone would be up shortly. No one came. I ended up cleaning it as best I could with what we had in the room (towels, hand soap...). I cleaned up the...uh...solid part, then blotted it with water and soap and blotted that up. I put a towel on top of it to help suck up anymore water. Then ext day we went to the parks, came back for an afternoon nap and the towel was gone, but it was obvious that the stain was not touched.

We transferred to ASMu to a suite after that.

Me DW DS 14 DS 8 DS 2

The DisneyGuy Clan Hits the world...8/10-8/16

My non-Disney related hobby.
DisneyGuy758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #39
disneydreamkate
DIS Veteran

I always check the beds and all around the room before we unpack. That way if there is an issue, we can (hopefully) have it resolved before we get comfortable. As PPs have mentioned, I wipe everything down with clorox wipes. I also bring my own dish soap and rag from home to wash the glasses.
01/2011 AKL
10/2011 POFQ 1st F&W Festival!
01/2013 AKL
02/2014 POR & AKL PHM!
12/2014 BC
disneydreamkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #40
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
It most certainly...is. Im in that line of business. It is 100% sterile and disease free. Cant hurt anyone or anything.....even though it is kinda pungent...
It is until it reaches the urethra. If it's drawn directly from the bladder it's sterile, if it passes naturally it is no longer sterile.

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #41
brucerob62
Mouseketeer

brown urine? hmm.sure it was urine? a smeared baby ruth?
brucerob62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #42
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefigueroas View Post
Amen to that. We live in Naples, Italy right now (Navy assignment) and it has made me realize that we in the States are spoiled. I regularly have to drive on streets piled high with garbage, they burn their trash and the air smells so bad of burning plastic that I have to leave my windows shut, and is just an overall very dirty place. People leave their cars unlocked not because it's safe but in hopes that the people breaking into them won't break their windows. There is a 30% unemployment rate here and people are desperate. Urine on a sheet would not make me happy and I would have it addressed but we as a society in general need to relax. There are many people in this world much worse off than we are. It is just hard to imagine if you have never seen it. I think that is the problem.
Folks that have never been around the world...have NO idea how nice we have it here. So when folks complain on here....its like...come on...get over it.

However, Germany and Britain are also..like the U.S. and Cananda...VERY clean. Alot of northern european countries are fabulous.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:49 AM   #43
thefigueroas
Mouseketeer

Location: Wherever the Navy lets us rest our feet!-for now it is Naples, Italy

Quote:
Folks that have never been around the world...have NO idea how nice we have it here. So when folks complain on here....its like...come on...get over it.

However, Germany and Britain are also..like the U.S. and Cananda...VERY clean. Alot of northern european countries are fabulous.
I have heard that. We have only been here since August so we haven't traveled up to the northern countries yet. We hope to hit Germany this November and the UK sometime next year. People tell us to get out of Southern Italy to really enjoy ourselves but that is not possible economically to do a lot if we want to take bigger trips to other countries. It is kind of sad seeing the devastation here. It is depressing to see a Roman ruin with trash piled high next to it and the stench will knock you off your feet.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #44
dixiegirl
sorry but those dolls really creep me out!

Yeah the first thing I do after I check the beds for any signs of bed bugs is pull the bedspread off the bed and put it on the other bed. I usually leave a very polite note requesting them leave it off the bed for the length of our stay and have never had a problem.

Having been in the hospitality business I can tell you the bedspreads are not washed every time the room changes guests.

POR Annual Oct trips 10/96-10/13
Next trip - 10/17/14-10/25/14 POR
dixiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #45
Herfnerd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertechie View Post
It is until it reaches the urethra. If it's drawn directly from the bladder it's sterile, if it passes naturally it is no longer sterile.
This be true - urine drawn directly from the bladder is sterile, but once it reaches the lower urethra, it comes in contact with bacteria that is normally present there as well as that found on the external.....genitalia.

While the type/amount of bacteria is generally not a serious health issue, do you seriously want to sleep in some stranger's urine???

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: