Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #16
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry to hear this has happened. Yes, please let us know how it turns out as we will all be thinking and praying for her safe return.

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
magrudersmakes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #17
KMarston
Mouseketeer

My daughters dog ran out on her right before vacation as well. I found a site on the net that does an Amber alert kind of thing for dogs. I paid for it to call 500 of her neighbors. I know it went out as my father and a friend live close enough to get the alert. You could put your parents number. The site was lostmydoggie. I signed up for the free plan and received a code for $20 off a while later. I hope you find your pup soon. That is just awful.
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 07:41 AM   #18
karyn0995
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Poly View Post
I am absolutely beside myself.. I don't know what to do. We leave early in the morning for Miami, and tonight our beloved husky got out while my father was taking the trash out. My parents are staying at our house to dog sit, and she snuck out on him. We've been looking for hours, but when she gets out. she just runs. It's pitch black out there now. She just took off and no one saw which way she went. She's gotten out once before and got hit by a car. I'm sure that it will happen again if she makes it out to the main road.

I have no idea what to do. I'm so upset. We're going to two 5-day B2B cruises, and there is no possible way that I'm going to enjoy myself with her missing. I'm at a complete loss.
I don't know you but my heart breaks for you. What a horrible way to start your vacation. The bright side is that your parents will be at your house and there to serve as her welcome committee when she comes home. Also, I'm sure they know how much she means to you and will do everything in their power to continue the search if she doesn't make it home on her own for some reason.

I'm not going to tell you to try to enjoy your cruise because I know that, if I were in your position I would be completely miserable. But I will suggest you try to focus on the way your Husky makes you laugh and smile each day and hope that offers you something to look forward to once you're back home.

Sending many hugs your way for the best outcome for you and your pup.

karyn0995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #19
SarahC73
Earning My Ears

This is awful, hope your baby returns safe and well, thinking of you
SarahC73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:55 AM   #20
Cheerio
Welcomed Guest
Has adorable photos in her signature...

Oh no I hope you get a safe return today, let's hope she wandered around all night and is now ready to come home for breakfast.
Disney Fantasy February 2014 - Trip Report (in progress)

Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #21
edith76
Mouseketeer

So sorry to hear this and hope things turn out well. At least your parents are there to wait for your dog to come home.

Right before our B2B Fantasy cruises last spring our house was broken into and our 21 year old African Grey Parrot was stolen and one of our dogs was stabbed 2 times in the chest (with one of my steak knives they were in the process of stealing). We ended up having to cancel but our circumstances were different.
edith76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #22
bitlerzx4
DIS Veteran

March 2001(just us) October 2008 (as a family of 4) December 2011 Dream/WDW October 2013 Fantasy Cruise

bitlerzx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #23
chateau
DIS Veteran

She WILL return! Have FAITH and KNOW she'll be back soon!
chateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:41 AM   #24
kmaria
Mouseketeer

Praying that she returns home safely before you leave, so that you can enjoy your vacation!

The dog I had growing up used to run away all the time, he would just blast through the door if we opened it even a crack. He always returned though. Liked to run around and get stinky in the park beside our house. Keep the faith!

Keep us updated, I will be sending good vibes your way
Old 01-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #25
quickcat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karyn0995 View Post
I don't know you but my heart breaks for you. What a horrible way to start your vacation. The bright side is that your parents will be at your house and there to serve as her welcome committee when she comes home. Also, I'm sure they know how much she means to you and will do everything in their power to continue the search if she doesn't make it home on her own for some reason.

I'm not going to tell you to try to enjoy your cruise because I know that, if I were in your position I would be completely miserable. But I will suggest you try to focus on the way your Husky makes you laugh and smile each day and hope that offers you something to look forward to once you're back home.

Sending many hugs your way for the best outcome for you and your pup.
My thoughts exactly! Its great that your parents are there in case someone calls or to keep looking for her. I am so sorry- our lab is a runner too and I know the panick you are feeling. Best wishes!
quickcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #26
momtomattclare
Mouseketeer

I can't even imagine. I'm so sorry. I hope when you're back from your cruise you will be able to post a happy update.

momtomattclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #27
Disneydonnam
DIS VETERAN

So sorry you are going through this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and pray you find her today.
Disneydonnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #28
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Hope she comes back wagging her tail soon. X
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #29
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

I have tears in my eyes as I read this. We were on the Wonder when we got a ship-to-shore phone call (NEVER a good thing, I'm convinced). It was ours friends who were watching our dog (read: baby). I was numb. Helpless. He was found by a VERY sweet family who took him in and took care of him until we got their message off of our home voicemail and connected our friend's with them. May your little four-legged love be returned to your family very soon. And then make sure to put a tag on him that has your parents' cell number on it... just in case.

Sending good thoughts to you, your family, and your pup,
Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #30
DisneyWillow1975
Earning My Ears

Oh, I am so sorry! My thoughts are with you and your husky. I've got 2 of my own, and know how they love to run. Sending you and your husky lots of pixie dust.
DisneyWillow1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: