Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #241
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherFeather View Post
When we lived in Texas about 10 years ago, DH was one day called to the front gate visitors building of the military installation at which he worked. It seems a man had arrived saying he had some very secret, very important intelligence information that he needed to pass along to someone in military intelligence. DH met with him in the visitors building and asked him what he had. The man suggested they go somewhere more private so DH took him into a storage closet.

Once in the closet, the man began to show him binder upon binder with information he had gleaned from the internet that "proved" that Russia was in cahoots with Cuba to launch an attack on and take over the US. He had all these documents, pictures, maps, etc. DH spent awhile looking over the guys information and he actually gave the binders to DH to take back to HQ. He had made copies of all of this information, so he had his own binders.

DH thanked him and was walking him to his car to leave when the man said he had invented a special weapon specifically for this pending attack and wanted to show it to him. Apparently, it was made of a bunch of white pvc pipes, rubber bands, and some other random stuff. (No, it was not a bomb...I asked) It was apparently some kind of magical laser. DH suggested that he might not want to be showing that thing around. DH thanked him again and the man left. He said he was on his way to Austin with a copy of the binders for Governor Rick Perry.

This always makes for a great party story....
Well, thank God he had invented something to thwart the attack.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #242
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandramaac View Post
I think that the brother did it----markings on her neck were consistent with height of her brother

OJ is the other one---think that the son from his first marriage was also somehow involved-
JonBenet Ramsey...I think the mother did it. I think she was enough of a kook where having a beautiful young beauty pageant daughter took away from the attention Mama needed & so desperately craved. Maybe JonBenet was doing something "imperfect"...ie-wet the bed or soemthing.. and Mama snapped.

OJ- I always thought the son was somehow involved which was why the DNA was close.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~

Last edited by Disney Doll; 01-17-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #243
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

I always thought OJ didn't do it - but that he knows who did.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #244
Domo
DIS Veteran

Lord Lucan is an interesting one... prima facie, he did it. However, there is new evidence emerging that suggests that he *didn't*. On top of this, there's confusion over whether he's still alive...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #245
AndyLL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo View Post
Lord Lucan is an interesting one... prima facie, he did it. However, there is new evidence emerging that suggests that he *didn't*. On top of this, there's confusion over whether he's still alive...
Unfortionately for the Lucan family the 'new' evidence of a possible boyfriend only give Lucan a great motive for the killing and does nothing to explain how Lucan's story could not be true based on the physical evidence.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #246
mfd25wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.yt View Post
I'm in this county as well, and I remember the horror and panic I felt when I first saw the news break in that there had been a shooting at a Jonesboro middle school. At that time, they weren't naming Westside as the location, and my best friend's niece was a middle school student at another Jonesboro school.

I find all these Sandy Hook conspiracies disgusting. It's so disrespectful to the memories of those lives that were lost, not to mention it's utterly ridiculous. I don't know why people who think that our government would orchestrate something like in order to push an agenda would want to stay in this country.

And, like the poster above, there weren't any pictures of bodies being removed from Westside. I just remember seeing the same footage of rescue workers and police arriving on the scene, which included some acquaintances of mine. I can't imagine what they saw that day, and I don't ever intend to ask them.
I was so thankful that DH was working in Memphis that day, or he would have been out there. At least one EMT friend ended up leaving that career behind after that day. I didn't ask him about it, but he did eventually talk about it. He worked on a girl who died. Another friend, and co-worker, lost a daughter that day. I cannot imagine his and his wife's grief and what they saw. At Westside, they were not able to block the perimeter as well and the shooting did take place outside. Parents were everywhere once Mitchell and Drew were arrested. At the time, I worked for one of the largest employers in town. We knew it was highly unlikely none of our employees were impacted. So many had kids at the school. We just all sat in shock waiting to hear about the status of their children. I have never been so happy to leave work and hug my child. It's hard for me to imagine Sandy Hook being a huge conspiracy, but I do wish they would just get the rest of the investigation out so maybe the theories will be put to rest.
mfd25wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #247
rgf207
DIS Veteran

Re: The Sandyhook Conspiracy. There is a great post on Reddit debunking the whole thing

http://www.reddit.com/r/skeptic/comm...making/c7xjgzr

2002 - Off Site;2004 - Off Site;March 2005 - AKL;Sept 2005 - PoP, POR, ASMo;May 2006 - POR;June 2007 - BCV;June 2008 - SSR; March 2009 - SSR; August 2009 - SSR, AKV; Feb 2010 - VWL; Jun 2010 - BCV; Feb 2011 - AKV; June 2012 - BLT
rgf207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #248
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgf207
Re: The Sandyhook Conspiracy. There is a great post on Reddit debunking the whole thing

I was so happy to find that yesterday. Of course the conspiracy believers think everything posted is just all part of the conspiracy.

But it puts to rest the argument for people that dont know what to believe.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #249
1novascotian
Mouseketeer

I just stumbled across a theory that Jon Benet Ramsey wasn't actually murdered. Apparently she grew up to become Lady GaGa

February 1998- First Trip to Disney!
May/June 2008
May 2011- Offsite- Windsor Hills
1novascotian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:41 PM   #250
LongLiveDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgf207

Whew! Thanks for posting. I didn't straight up believe it was a conspiracy but I was just confused. My mind is now at ease. Still feel terrible about what happened but at least I have some closure.

Me DM DF DSis DB
LongLiveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #251
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

The Sandy Hook folks who believed it didn't happen or was perpetrated by the gov't were thinking WAY too small, anyway. It wouldn't happen to push gun control. Who cares about that? It would happen so some hot-button topic (in this case, gun control) would come to the forefront, that topic gains the support of the public at large, Congress refuses to act on it, and in retaliation, the current reps are thrown out in 2014. Then, the new regime is free to act without any shackles come January 2015. It was never about gun control, it was about restoring unrestrained government power!

Or, on the flip side, it was engineered by the firearms industry knowing that the result would be gun sales of record proportions. So-called "assault weapons" were nothing but cheap junk when the original ban went into place in 1994, basically laughed at by firearms enthusiasts everywhere. The ban made them "cool", so the altered weapons that skirted the ban's cosmetic features rules started to sell like hotcakes. As sales increased, consumers began to demand improvements to the accuracy & reliability of such weapons, so much so that they're now viable hunting and target rifles should you choose to use them for such. What used to be slow-selling $350 rifles are now flying off the shelves at $1,000-2,500 each. But, with no anti-gun measures making any progress in DC, the prospect of these guns becoming uncool again was just too scary. Engineer something horrible and watch the sales go up.

See, now THERE are a couple of conspiracy theories the tinfoil wearers can be proud of!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: