Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 04:22 AM   #61
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Great update you know I read somewhere that Mary Poppins doesn't ever have a PPP because of how the "rights" are with the character. Not sure how true it is
Old 02-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #62
dawnmichele
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Great update you know I read somewhere that Mary Poppins doesn't ever have a PPP because of how the "rights" are with the character. Not sure how true it is
Thanks! Sorry I got so behind in updating. At this rate I might get this thing finished by my next trip in December!

Interesting about Mary...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 07:40 AM   #63
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmichele View Post
Thanks! Sorry I got so behind in updating. At this rate I might get this thing finished by my next trip in December!

Interesting about Mary...
Dont feel bad about updates... I have day 4 written.. No pictures uploaded so I am pretty behind, maybe tonight hehe... Im hoping to get it done soon though! Before I get too too busy!
Old 02-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #64
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Great update. Loved all the pictures, especially the ones of you and your daughter with Chip in your hand.

Can't wait to read more.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:36 AM   #65
dawnmichele
DIS Veteran

Be still, my heart...

&or "This is the day your dreams come true."

It was hard not to notice Gaston standing at the end of the bridge. Not only was he the only enormous guy standing around in a bright red and yellow shirt, he was also surrounded by a crowd and calling out for the attention of everyone passing by.

Its ok to stare...
I see you looking at me. Who can blame you?
I wish I could remember the hilarious things he was shouting, but my favorite was:

Everyone! Come see how handsome I am!!

Now m not really a Gaston fan (I think of him as more of a jerkulese), but I had time to kill and I didn't think I could pass that fun up. He certainly knew how to work a crowd and charm the ladies. He kept me laughing and when it was my turn to meet him - well it turned out to be one of the hilights of my trip!

He showed me his muscles first thing as I walked up. Impressive, of course. But Id heard a rumor about him and I was curious.

I hear youre especially good at expectorating.. I said.
I am, he boasted. Would you like a demonstration?

Of course I would.

He took a moment to gather his.. um.. expectorant,

then turned to lean over the bridge and Spit.

!!!
I wasnt expecting that. He looked quite proud of himself and asked how I liked it.

To show how impressed I was I put my hand to my forehead and sighed.
Look! he shouted. Shes swooning. I was sad the PPP didn't get a shot of that.

She got plenty though. I was cracking up through the whole rest of our really fantastic interaction. I had the best time!

After experiences like this, Of Course I love meeting characters! They are fantastic entertainers no matter what your age!

As I was walking away, I got a text from Hannah. She was waiting for me by the FP entrance for our ride so I was off from the villages of France to it's lovely coast.

Next up: Undersea Journey of the Little Mermaid

Last edited by dawnmichele; 02-13-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #66
murmkc
Mouseketeer

The villains are always the most fun!
Old 02-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #67
dawnmichele
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by murmkc View Post
The villains are always the most fun!
Oh, this is why we need to go for the Not So Scary Halloween Party!!
Old 02-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #68
dawnmichele
DIS Veteran

Undersea Journey of the Little Mermaid (that's a mouthful)

I headed through the crowd towards Ariel's ride (Under the Sea Journey of the Little Mermaid is just too long of a title) and found the girl.

It was about 2 minutes before our ride time but the nice CM just waved us on in.

Oh Eric, I love your castle so much!

The waterfall was beautiful from both sides.

Like in the grotto, it was was kinda cavey and clamy inside and I was glad it wasn't summer. We missed the interactive bits of the queue since we went through the FP line but that was ok with me. We were soon climbing into our own clamshell. I took a lot of photos, but I'm only going to show you my favorites.

Hannah really liked the way this Ariel's hair moved, as if she were really under water.

I thought this shot of Ursula looked especially scary. Watch out! She's trying to steal your soul!

I really wanted to love this ride. I did like the going underwater effect, with the leaning back, going downhill, temperature change and ceiling full of bubbles. But overall, not so much. Id say its definitely better than Nemo but that's not saying much. I guess I was expecting more fancy modern technology. H liked it a lot more than I did, so that was good. I didnt dislike it, I just wasnt impressed.

We left FantasyLand and headed for the frontier.

I love this view you get now with the new walls, the castle and the carousel!

We got a good look at Rapunzels tower. Hannah could not believe it was just going to be a bathroom. I'm still holding out hope it'll be more than that.

As we walked into FL, H decided it was time for a snack. We passed Chip and Dale

and stopped at a cart full of snacks. We decided to share a Mickey head pretzel, a cup of cheese and a Diet Coke. H was upset that they charged us a dollar for the cheese. Be thankful, girl, I told her. Theres not much you can find at Disney for a dollar.

We found a nice wooden bench/platform across the street and settled in for our midmorning snack. We love that spot and came claim it as our spot. It is now our secret emergency meeting spot at the MK.

I remembered to take a picture just after we devoured its ears.

This cheeky bird thought he might get a bite if he looked charming enough, but I have charming beggar dogs at home so it didn't work with me.

As we were finishing, I noticed this trio of musicians walking towards us. I always love a banjo so I was interested. They started to play and sing, stopping to gather a crowd.

Full and entertained, we headed to my most favorite ride in the MK. Maybe in all of The World: Big Thunder Mountain.

Next up: Rides and a parade.

Last edited by dawnmichele; 04-06-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:37 AM   #69
murmkc
Mouseketeer

I check for updates every day! The suspense is killing me!

Old 02-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #70
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

Your interaction with Gaston was hilarious! I love it when the characters really get into character. Ten points for Gaston!

Thank you for the excellent pictures of Under the Sea Journey of the Little Mermaid! Yes, I agree the title of the ride is far too long! I don't have super-high expectations of this ride (I'm expecting a touch above The Seas with Nemo, but with brighter colors?) but I do look forward to seeing it.

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
Old 02-24-2013, 01:58 AM   #71
Mel*Pie
Mouseketeer

Just found this thread. Consider me subscribed! Thoroughly entertaining!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #72
murmkc
Mouseketeer

You are totally snowed in - time for the next update!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #73
murmkc
Mouseketeer

The blizzard of Oz is over... I am still looking forward to the next update.

Maybe tomorrow?
Old 03-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #74
murmkc
Mouseketeer

Yawn...
Old 03-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #75
dawnmichele
DIS Veteran

No yawning, brother!
I admit I have been nearly inexcusable with my delinquency here. Life can get crazy, but I am back in the groove! I will have the next installment up tomorrow and be consistent with the updates until I'm done! So help me Mickey!

Last edited by dawnmichele; 03-24-2013 at 12:41 PM.

Tags
disabilities, nikon d5100, photo pass plus, photos, stuck

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: