Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
STLDisney_Freak
I don't have a short attention span, I just.....OH look a kitty! Cats are like potato chips you can't have just one! Chihauhuas, Shih Tzus and Pugs! Oh My!

Bingo and Fireworks!

So I have two questions unrelated to each other...

First: Bingo...How much does it cost? This is my fourth cruise and I have never stopped to play bingo. It is something I want to change, but don't remember how much it is.

Second: Fireworks on Pirate night...Can you see them from deck 4 if you stand near the ledge? We have always been up in the crowd on deck 11. Since we've seen the show more than once I'd kinda like to try a different view on the fireworks.

Cruises sailed: 12/08 Magic - Western, 09/10 Wonder - DVC Member, 10/11 Dream - Bahamas, 05/13 Fantasy - Western, 03/14 -RC Brilliance of the Seas - STEELERS cruise! 10/14 - Wonder Double Dip
STLDisney_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
scrapbookmomma74
We love DCL!!!

Well, here is my 2 cents on Bingo...its a waste of time and money. You get an electronic "remote" that you pay anywhere from $25 and up for. It does all the work, you just sit there and if it reads "Bingo", you win. I miss the old fashioned Bingo cards and markers...at least I felt like I was doing something.

As far as fireworks on Deck 4...I think you might miss some of how the fireworks come off the ship, but you would probably see most of the show. I've heard good things about people watching from their verandahs, so I would imagine that Deck 4 would be similar.
A lifetime of memories at the "World"! 1974, 1975, 1983, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, DCL Magic 2010, DCL Magic 2011, DCL Dream 2011, DCL Magic 2012, DCL Fantasy 2012, DCL Dream 2012, DVC Member Cruise Dream 2013, DL Resort Summer 2013, DCL Fantasy 2013, DCL Magic 2014
[/url][url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
scrapbookmomma74 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
tessa67
Mouseketeer

On my December cruise on the Magic I went to play bingo one of the last days and was sorry I hadn't done it sooner. The CMs were so funny and it was a blast. They do have the electronic players that I enjoyed because I could relax, have a drink and enjoy the antics. I remember being really stressed playing bingo and it having to be real quiet. You do have the option to get the cards that have the tabs you fold if you want to go old school. I don't really remember how much I paid, maybe 50? I think it was 4 or 5 games and I had something like 60 cards for each game on my machine.
tessa67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
itdoesntsmell
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLDisney_Freak View Post
So I have two questions unrelated to each other...

First: Bingo...How much does it cost? This is my fourth cruise and I have never stopped to play bingo. It is something I want to change, but don't remember how much it is.

Second: Fireworks on Pirate night...Can you see them from deck 4 if you stand near the ledge? We have always been up in the crowd on deck 11. Since we've seen the show more than once I'd kinda like to try a different view on the fireworks.
Please please what ever you do (even though you said just stand near the ledge) DO NOT be tempted to lean over the railings to get a view!
Find a less crowed spot on deck 10 port side and enjoy them!
itdoesntsmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:07 AM   #5
mamabug70
Amy L

We were on the Magic in January and I played Bingo every chance I could get. The cm's made it lots of fun and we still sing the b-11 song! Btw I won twice, but had to split the winnings. I won $55 the first time, and $68 the second. On the last day of our cruise, a woman won $5500.

I believe this was the breakdown:

$30 - 6 paper cards
$40- electronic device loaded w 24 games & 3 paper cards.
$50 - electronic device loaded with 48 games and 3 paper cards
$80 family pack. 2 electronic devices each loaded with either 24 or 48 games.. Don't remember. Plus 2 sets of 3 game sheets and I six game sheet. Hope this helps! Good luck!

1998 POFQ
1998 Boardwalk
1999-2007 yearly off property
2006 POP
2008 AKL-Jambo
2009 off property
2010 POR
2011 AKL-Kidani
2012 POFQ
2012 AOA Lion King Suite
mamabug70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #6
sunryzez
Mouseketeer

Bingo in my opinion is my favorite thing to do on the cruise (besides Palo)
I play the old school paper cards and my mom likes the electronic machine so we always buy the family pack of two paper cards and 1 machine. On the wonder this was 60.00. On the final jackpot it was 110.00 but we got a 10 dollar loyalty ( since we played more then 3 times on the cruise) We were lucky this last time and between the 2 of us we won 3 times. We had to split each time with other people but what we spent is pretty much what we won so we were happy. On our cruise before that we didnt win anything but it was still totally worth playing. SOOO much fun!!

sunryzez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #7
lives4vacation1210
Earning My Ears

concierge deck

Can you get a good view of the fireworks from the concierge sun deck on the fantasy?
lives4vacation1210 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: