Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
kermit116
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy."

Boardwalk Club Level worth $125 extra/night

I'm pricing out a spring stay at Boardwalk Inn - our first stay there. It'll be a four night stay, and it looks like it'll be an extra $125/night (approx.) to be in a Club Level room. DH and I usually like to have one big meal a day, and then we tend to snack or have small meals throughout the day. I have heard lots of talk that CL is not a substitute for full meals, but I'm wondering if this would be a good option for us.

Also, I'm wondering if there are drinks/water bottles available at CL throughout the day, or are drinks only out during the times when they serve food?
kermit116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
AndyFL
This is my tag....one day I'll be all big and my color will change!

Location: Panhandle of FL just north of Panama City...basically the armpit of FL

Can't tell you about BW CL but we stayed at the CR CL and while it was nice, we would never do it again unless an unknown rich uncle died and left me millions. While they try to make it really nice as far as the food and drinks go...$125 can go a LONG ways in the parks in food and drinks. If it were a $50 difference then I'd say yes, $125, no.
AndyFL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

1) i have not heard great things about bw cl (nor bc/ yc cl). have not stayed there personally, but it seems that many think it is not of the same caliber as many of the other resorts' cl.

2) as a family of four "disney adults," yes, $125 per night makes it totally worth it for us, we actually save a ton on food when we stay cl. we eat breakfast there every day and often are satisfied with the evening offerings and do not require a full dinner.

with all that said, if it were the poly or the GF, i would say for sure it can be worth it, but i can't vouch for the bw. hopefully someone with personal experience can chime in.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #4
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I have stayed at GF RPC, GF SL, AKL, YC, BC and BWI CL.

BWI ranks as my favorite overall WDW CL experience. No WDW CLs are as good as at other luxury hotels but I think BWI's is a very pleasant stay. Add in a Boardwalk view and it's my favorite stay at Disney.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #5
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

We've stayed at BWI CL and really love it - so much that we plan to return in a couple weeks! I've read complaints regarding other CLs, but I rarely see negative reviews of BWI CL. The CMs are truly outstanding and they are a primary reason for our return to BWI. The lounge is not huge, but a comfortable size with high ceilings that make it feel light and airy. The balcony outside the lounge offers a nice view of the fireworks from Illuminations. It's difficult to find any negatives - if I had to identify something, I guess it would be nice if they had a beverage fridge (like at CR or BC) instead of the ice tubs. But if you have to reach that far to find a negative, that's pretty good!

As for the value, we used to say we'd add CL for our family of five if it was approx. $100/night. We made an exception for CL at CR when it was $150 extra. But that was for the night of MNSSHP, so we were around the resort a lot - and in the lounge for two breakfasts, snacks in the afternoon and appetizers before the party. A big part of the CL value for us is that it's easy with kids, and that doesn't necessarily apply with two adults. But if you're going to do CL, BWI is an excellent choice!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/???)
April 2015: Easter Weekend at VWL!
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #6
deadhedjen
Mouseketeer

I would say its worth it especially at BWI. Just for the convenience factor of not having to walk so far to get something to snack on/drink.

The hallways are soooo long and its a good hike every time you venture out it seems.

Personally, I don't feel the need to stay there again, but others love it.

Me , DH , DS19 , DD17 , DD14 , and DD11

deadhedjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #7
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

Yes
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #8
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran

So, essentially its $75/per person/per night to have breakfast, snacks, water and dessert and drinks + intangible personalized service.

For me, yes its worth it. For you, who knows? While I liked the YC CL better, I loved being able to wander down the hall and make a specialty coffee while DH was in the shower and to take a glass of Amarula back to the room at night. It was a nice part of the vacation and made me feel a bit pampered. From a straight dollars and cents standpoint, it probably didn't quite add up, but then I never really figured out the per person per night cost. I can say that $75/pp/pn would be fine for me, but YMMV.
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014
Back to Alaska on the Wonder in 2015

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Karlzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #9
DisneyFansInNYC
DIS Veteran

We loved the CL at the BW. The CMs are great. We felt like family there. There are always cans of soda available whenever they are open. Also a coffee maker which makes mocha-chinos which my teenagers love. I wish we were going back there this time. We agree that it is worth it for us. We eat breakfast there, then sit down lunch in the parks and back for dinner snacks. Saves us money.

Our 2013 Disney Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSzd7LSuFc
DisneyFansInNYC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boardwalk inn, club level

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: