Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Remy wine Q?

Remy has the most extensive wine list. Would one be able to buy a bottle of wine from Remy's stock to have at dinner at one of the other dining venues? If so, would you still be charged a corkage fee since you bought it on the ship?

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #2
Yvet
♫ She is a dancing queen ♪ One of the Netherpeople
Has quite a unique FE

If you buy your wine on the ship then you won't be charged a fee that is only for people that Bring their own booze.

The wine at Remy is priced in a very wife range there is wine for about $75 a bottle and for $42000 and above a bottle....

Upcomming Trip:
WDW: May 9th 2013
DCL: May 18th EBTA

Previous Trips:
ABD: 2011 (Backstage Magic)
DCL: 2008 (Western) - 2009 (PCC1.0) - 2010 (EBTA, MED, PCC2.0) - 2012 (PCC3.0, PCC4.0)
DL, 2000 - 2006 - 2011.
DLRP, 1995 - 1996 - 2002 - 2003 - 2007 - 2008 - 2011 - 2012.
WDW, 1999 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 (april/may + dec) - 2009 (april/may + dec) - 2010 (april/may + dec) - 2011 (april/may + dec) - 2012 (June + Dec).
Yvet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #3
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Thanks!! I wish they'd post a wine list with prices, then you'd know if it would be more cost effective to buy at home and pay corkage fee, or buy on the ship. I know they have the wine packages, but what I want isn't on the list.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

You can buy wine anywhere on the ship and take it anywhere else with no corkage fee. If you have a bottle from Remy and don't finish it, they will be happy to send it to the MDR for you the next night.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #5
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
You can buy wine anywhere on the ship and take it anywhere else with no corkage fee. If you have a bottle from Remy and don't finish it, they will be happy to send it to the MDR for you the next night.
Thanks...but if you don't eat at Remy, will they let you buy a bottle of wine from their stock?

Old 01-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #6
bluelair
Earning My Ears

First, Remy's wine list is entirely French, not counting the super expensive list, which has some California's on it. The Remy's list starts at around $55 (they have glasses too) and goes up from there, with a big concentration around the $125 range. We were very happy with a Bordeaux for around $99. If you like French wines, you should be pretty happy. No question you can recover the corkage fee in what you save. However, there is something to be said for going through the entire experience, including the handwritten invite you will receive to come up to Remy before dinner and meet with the sommelier to review the menu, choose your wine, and it have it smoothly integrated into your dining experience. I appreciated that, it took a lot of pressure off of the whole ordering experience and my wife appreciated that I could translate and explain the menu to her, since some things were out of her comfort zone. Oh, and save some wine for the cheese course, which comes right before dessert. They are excellent, and they were happy to give you all you want. Apparently Americans aren't too fond of cheese at the end of the meal, because the guy seemed delighted we were showing interest in his cart.
bluelair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #7
sambycat
DIS Veteran

We had bought a premium wine package on the magic last week and were given the run around about opening a bottle at palo. I am positive I've done this before so it was weird.

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #8
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Thank you! My DH and I went to Remy on our last Dream cruise and loved it. Problem is, that's also where I got "turned on" to Chateau Dosey Vedrines Sauternes. I was hoping to be able to buy a bottle at Remy to enjoy with our dinner at the other venues, however if it's ridiculously priced, I'd just bring it myself and pay the corkage fee. I've found a distributor in CA that delivers to CO.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: