Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #796
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Gorgeous pictures from the lounge!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #797
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]I was able to convince her to go up to the Top of the World Lounge once we got back to the room.

]
What a gorgeous shot Alison.
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #798
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:

]
Old 04-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #799
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

I'm really bad at reading cursive and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what it said! Now that I'm seeing it again, that's hilarious

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #800
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:

Now I had a specific goal for this night and one of the reasons, I didnt want our ADR to be too late, was that I learned from Lisa (are you still out there?), that there are a finite number of these babies each day, and it sucks if the person before you gets the last one! I stepped up to the bar.

I placed my order.

]
I'm like well that can't be me. I would never have some important information about WDW. All I do is nap and swim and drink.

WT H would I know?

So for five minutes I thought it must be another Lisa. I'm such a catch, aren't I?

Oh she's talking about drinking. And the Lapu Lapu - it IS me.

Seriously, that waiter THAT NIGHT was such a weirdo. SUCH A WEIRD MAN. And this is coming from someone who thinks everyone is special - so he WAS THAT WEIRD. - who knows what kind of nonsense he was giving me.

Back story. I don't have tons of $ on vacation - have to really watch it. So this specific vacation I'm like "I AM GETTING THAT ___________ ten dollar drink in the pineapple". (It's $13 or $14, isn't it? Evil little sucker)

And the excitement builds.

And I head to Kona.

And I can taste it.

And my waiter NEVER COMES.

Well I'm a bit dramatic. It seemed like he never came.

So when he comes all I want is my Lapu Lapu.

So I order.

AND he says like the sociopath I believe he truly was -

"Turn your head - look over at that couple - see that Lapu Lapu...."

I'm all ears just dreaming of my Lapu Lapu......

He continues, "See it - hers - that one there is the last one".

Who does that?

Who likes to point out so that you can see your beautiful drink pass you right by while still in your eyesight.

Later in my vacation I ordered one for breakfast. OH YES I DID.

And did it again on Christmas morning on my last trip in front of small family members who wanted a sip. OH YES I DID. Breakfast is very lovely with a Lapu Lapu.

So I do give great advice. My new one is breakfast is great with a Lapu Lapu.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 04-12-2013 at 06:37 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #801
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:

We found a bench and I literally fell asleep on the bench.
I'm sorry that I found this hysterical BUT I FOUND THIS HYSTERICAL.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 04-12-2013 at 06:51 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #802
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:

'

Love this shot. Makes me sigh. Love the area.

I call the boat - The MOLASSES. Seriously. I really do. Have you ever been on a slower boat in your life?
Old 04-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #803
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I was totally picturing Fran pushing the carte from the scooter. Too bad there was not more help around. I noticed that on our last trip too. DCL forgot to put Connor on our tickets, so we had to wait at the gates to go through security (after already waiting a long time to get through the line). It took him a while to get it corrected, so we were squeezed into a very tight space. No fun. The staff at the Admiral's Club helped us move up to an earlier flight. That made the experience a little better. Our bags were not on the carousel when we got home due to the switch, but they were delivered to our house the next day.

It is crazy that the rental did not work after multiple tries. Glad you figured that our before you left and got a different one. Cannot wait to read about Universal. The dinner you had looked good. They should have let you order it the way you wanted it cooked though. That is weird. I want to stay at Loews when we go there, so I appreciate your feedback.

Last edited by kmedina; 04-12-2013 at 08:01 PM.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #804
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
What a spectacular view from the lounge! And great job with dinner
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
beautiful sunset.

Top of the World is one of the places, I would like to visit one of these days.
As long as they let DVC members go up there, you can. If you ever make it back to WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwaschitz View Post
What a view! WOW!! I was kind of 'meh' on the room views (much more parking lot than I'd expected) but these pictures? WOW! Seriously, there are no other words!

(And if my husband were to see that I was at a loss for words, he'd have a coronary since he's convinced I have chronic logorrhea )
I did zoom in on the castle and Space Mountain, but the views of the GF and the Contemporary were just regular shots with the camera. The higher up you go, the better the view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
What a gorgeous view! I've got to add the lounge to my to-do list. Michael would love it.

Sorry Fran wasn't feeling well. Dinner looks good.
Definitely add it to your todo list. Even if the kids won't let you stay there it's at least fun to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
The view from TOTW almost makes me want to stay there sometime, beautiful pics!
You can visit and not have to stay if you don't want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Floss View Post
Oh my goodness!

Awesome photos - what a view!
Thanks! and

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Dang! That IS an amazing view from Top of the World. Looks like you had fun there.
I was having fun, there were some silly pictures too, that I decided not to put online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I am glad that you made it to the Top of the World Lounge. This is one of my favourite places at WDW.

Corinna
It is a nice place to sit and relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I am so excited that you finally took your WDW trip. I cannot wait to read all about it!
Well, git on it girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Gorgeous pictures from the lounge!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
What a gorgeous shot Alison.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
I'm really bad at reading cursive and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what it said! Now that I'm seeing it again, that's hilarious
Yes, she was on a roll...she continued to sign receipts as Goofy, Mickey Mouse and all sorts of characters. Since we were using gift cards, we really didn't need to use a real signature.

Quote:
I'm like well that can't be me. I would never have some important information about WDW. All I do is nap and swim and drink.

WT H would I know?

So for five minutes I thought it must be another Lisa. I'm such a catch, aren't I?

Oh she's talking about drinking. And the Lapu Lapu - it IS me.

Seriously, that waiter THAT NIGHT was such a weirdo. SUCH A WEIRD MAN. And this is coming from someone who thinks everyone is special - so he WAS THAT WEIRD. - who knows what kind of nonsense he was giving me.

Back story. I don't have tons of $ on vacation - have to really watch it. So this specific vacation I'm like "I AM GETTING THAT ___________ ten dollar drink in the pineapple". (It's $13 or $14, isn't it? Evil little sucker)

And the excitement builds.

And I head to Kona.

And I can taste it.

And my waiter NEVER COMES.

Well I'm a bit dramatic. It seemed like he never came.

So when he comes all I want is my Lapu Lapu.

So I order.

AND he says like the sociopath I believe he truly was -

"Turn your head - look over at that couple - see that Lapu Lapu...."

I'm all ears just dreaming of my Lapu Lapu......

He continues, "See it - hers - that one there is the last one".

Who does that?

Who likes to point out so that you can see your beautiful drink pass you right by while still in your eyesight.

Later in my vacation I ordered one for breakfast. OH YES I DID.

And did it again on Christmas morning on my last trip in front of small family members who wanted a sip. OH YES I DID. Breakfast is very lovely with a Lapu Lapu.

So I do give great advice. My new one is breakfast is great with a Lapu Lapu.
Oh Lisa, you are so much fun when you stop by! You crack me up! I'm not sure if I could get away with one for breakfast, but it sure was good! Thanks for the advice!

Quote:
I'm sorry that I found this hysterical BUT I FOUND THIS HYSTERICAL.
Sure you did.

Quote:
'

Love this shot. Makes me sigh. Love the area.

I call the boat - The MOLASSES. Seriously. I really do. Have you ever been on a slower boat in your life?
I haven't been on very many boats, but I was just enjoying the scenery

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I was totally picturing Fran pushing the carte from the scooter. Too bad there was not more help around. I noticed that on our last trip too. DCL forgot to put Connor on our tickets, so we had to wait at the gates to go through security (after already waiting a long time to get through the line). It took him a while to get it corrected, so we were squeezed into a very tight space. No fun. The staff at the Admiral's Club helped us move up to an earlier flight. That made the experience a little better. Our bags were not on the carousel when we got home due to the switch, but they were delivered to our house the next day.

It is crazy that the rental did not work after multiple tries. Glad you figured that our before you left and got a different one. Cannot wait to read about Universal. The dinner you had looked good. They should have let you order it the way you wanted it cooked though. That is weird. I want to stay at Loews when we go there, so I appreciate your feedback.
It took me a while to figure out what you meant by carte, you're that far back there. Universal was fun, but not a park that either of us really need to spend a lot of time in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwaschitz View Post
I am absolutely in LOVE with that Minnie dress. I stopped reading for about an hour as I searched the internet (fruitlessly) for it. Perhaps ebay or etsy...The search continues!
I forgot to comment on this before. I got that dress on my Mexican Riviera cruise. I was so thrilled to find it because I had never seen it before at DL. Since they had it in my size, I jumped on it. When I got back from the cruise, we were out at the park and they had one almost identical to my red dress in almost every women's clothing store! That was in December/January, now they are all sold out.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #805
franandaj

This was our last full day of the trip and we woke to no fog on the lake.

I knew early on in the trip that we were having a good trip. Back when we were staying at Kidani, Fran said to me, “I want to eat at the Strawberry soup place!.” I told her that she better make a reservation. We agreed that the second to last day was our best bet and we got a 9AM reservation.

The day finally arrived and we hopped on the Monorail to head over to the Grand Floridian.

There’s the new DVC construction off in the distance. We will definitely be staying there sometime!

A little closer look

I just love this hotel. The lobby is so gorgeous!

I always love listening to the band in the evening.

Finally we reached our destination.

Before we even had a chance to consider the buffet, Pooh showed up.

Then we went to attack the buffet. They had a selection of breads available near the toasters.

And various flavors of cream cheese spreads for the bagels.

They were carving a ham.

Sticky buns, bread pudding and fruit

Watermelon and yogurt

Bacon and Hashbrowns, and on the far end Lobster Eggs Benedict

Muffins and Croissants

More fruit

Pancakes and French Toast

[Continued in Next Post]
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 04-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #806
franandaj

[Continued from Previous Post]

Bananas Foster Syrup and Maple Syrup

Lox and all the trimmings

Other flavors of yogurt

Toppings

Bacon and Sausage

Biscuits and Gravy

And the piece de resistance, the Strawberry Soup

This was my first plate

And Fran’s

Then Tiggr stopped by

We both went up for another round of plates, can you tell who’s is who’s? I’ll give you a hint

Touching

Not touching

Then Mary Poppins and Alice came ‘round

Followed by the Mad Hatter

It was sort of funny, we stayed there for quite a long time compared to other familes. I went back and got another plate.

After a little while Fran went back and got another plate.

Also the waitress noticed how much we liked the strawberry soup and got us a complimentary copy of the recipe even though we didn’t purchase the souvenir pictures. All the characters came around at least one more time. Every time Pooh and Tiggr walked by they said “hi” even though we didn’t take more pictures, but all the “face” characters completely ignored us. Odd.

[Continued in Next Post]

Old 04-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #807
franandaj

[Continued from Previous Post]

I took some more pictures as we wandered around the hotel.

This is where we would be dining tonight.

Fran pointed out these tiles in the flooring, I had never noticed them before.

And here we were back home sweet home, at least for one more night.

We had a couple chores to finish before we could get on with having fun in our day.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #808
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

I love the Grand Floridian, it's so beautiful I can't wait or the DVC villas to be open. Breakfast looks great. I've made two reservations there and canceled both, one of these days I'm going to have to get there.

Those tiles are too cute!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #809
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

That breakfast does look good. Now you've got me wishing I'd booked in there instead.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:34 PM   #810
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Great update. I love the pic of you and Pooh.

So you're the non food touching? I was trying to think back when we've had food together and I remember Fran dipping her grilled cheese in her soup so you've got to be the non toucher.

The GF does look gorgeous. And I noticed that you wrote for sure you'd be staying there....do I smell an add on? Do tell.......

Breakfast looks great! Except for the bacon. Why can't Disney make decent bacon? It's paper thin.

Is that the Poly across the way in the construction photo?

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Last edited by rentayenta; 04-15-2013 at 12:05 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: