Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 03:34 AM   #781
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post

We like The Ditch too. I wonder how it got that name? La Cava can translate to the cellar in Spanish.

Love the Luke Skywalker sig. Very clever.
She did all kinds of funny sigs after that, I just didn't catch them on the receipts. I think even the day we ate at the club, she gave a false signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Still trying to get caught up but I am up to the MK day, can't wait till my next trip to see the New Fantasyland.

I love all the HM pics! Where is that Mr Toad in the cemetary? I looked for it when I was there last and couldn't find him.

ETA: I just read the post about your Kitty, Sunny passing. I'm so sorry. It's good you were able to keep her going for as long as you did.
Mr. Toad is in the very back of the cemetery off to the side on the left, you have to zoom in, but once you know he is there, it's hard to miss.

Thanks for the condolences, Sunny was a special girl and she knew how to eat, made her momma proud. Today we sliced up a ham that we cooked and had a sad moment thinking "Sunny would have eaten like a 1/4 pound of this stuff". Even though she only weighed 4 lbs, she knew how to eat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
We love La Cava also, did you get them to explain the mural to you? It is the history of Agava Tequila, it is really cool, all the servers know it. If you did not get them to do it, try and get it next time you are there.

I think David and I have tried all the different marg's in there at least once, and the Cucumber and blood orange one's have t be my favorite.

They used to have blue crab toastado's on the menu and we would order them everytime, but I think they are gone now?
I guess that was your TR where I saw that they had real "food". I was disappointed to see that all they had was chips and dips, but that wasn't going to discourage me from going there. Hopefully we can go back and try more margaritas, just with the queso instead of the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwaschitz View Post
Whew! Over the last 2.5 days, I have managed to read all 52 pages! I'm pretty sure I need a vacation now as that was a LOT of work

Let's see... things that I wanted to comment on.

I was laughing so hard at the thought of that roast traveling cross country! I have a friend who I swear would do that. I texted his wife who laughed and laughed as she told me about his desire to attempt to bring ice cream, in the car, from Ohio to NY (she wouldn't let him try because ICE CREAM?? )

I am absolutely in LOVE with that Minnie dress. I stopped reading for about an hour as I searched the internet (fruitlessly) for it. Perhaps ebay or etsy...The search continues!

I was shocked at the MK view room - apparently all the pictures that I'd seen were zoomed in like crazy!

Also, I'm now really really REALLY hungry and only the world showcase can fix this - the arancini! the fish and chips! Les Chefs! I could go on for days (and I plan to on my next trip!)
Well, we buy those roasts when they are on sale at Christmas for about the price of a dinner of Prime Rib in a restaurant for two. With our limitations (ie: rest in the room), we need something to cook. I realized how much mileage I could get out of one Prime Rib and how many different dinners we could have and it was a no brainer. Other DVC members have talked about shipping down frozen precooked dinners, so I figured a morphing roast was perfect!

Yes, as far as MK views, all of the room can see the parking lot. If they don't show it they are only showing the zoomed in part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
I think I'll need that blue Margarita! Do you think we can take DSs 5 & 9 in there?
I think Brandi answered this for you, but it's really small. People might not like it if folks who can't drink margaritas are taking up space for those who can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
That sounds like a plan.

We only made it to La Cava once and loved our Margarita. I think the Tequila flight would be right up my street. I think I have to plan a future visit. What a pain that our scooter was still giving you trouble.

Corinna
I think this was the last of the trouble (on this trip), but we nursed it the last day. We still need to buy new batteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Just caught up.
Yay! Glad you're all caught up! Hope you are enjoying the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Scooby. I used to love that show.
All the food for club level is making me hungry.
You had an empty park at Harry Potter. Good for you.
Oh no. I get vertigo so the ride might not be for me.
Wow that is really empty.
It got crowded in 90 minutes but not too bad.
Bubba Gump looks good. There is one here in NYC but have never gone.
The resort is gorgeous.
The dinner at Emerilís looked good.
Okay sorry to say not a fan of rare meat or Kidani. LOL.
Great safari pics.
Awww, cute kitty.
I have never tried the cs at Yak & Yeti, always eaten outside. Maybe next time we will.
Great pics of FOTLK.
Sanaa is one of my favorite restaurants.
The orange side, you are brave.
Loved the living with the land pics.
I have yet to see Remy. :O(
YUM!!! Grey Goose Slushie.
When we walked back from jambo we would cut through one of the paths to the garage and take the elevator up.
The tour looked like fun.
The lobster bites or whatever the name is sounded so good.
Nice pics of the savannah and sunrise on moving day.
We have frozen creamed corn here in the Bronx. Come on by. LOL
The Village Gifts is cute and Gastonís Tavern is good. I love the Lefouís Brew.
Great HM pics.
Poor Mr. Toad.
Lucky you eating at BOG. We never made it there.
POTC is my favorite ride of all time. Neither compares to the Paris version. That is great. WDW is too short.
Yum!! Lapu lapu.
We were disappointed in ĎOhanas the last time.
Love the fog pic.
Nice TOT pics.
We ship everything home on the last day. Bring it to the merchandise area of the resort and have a receipt for everything and they ship it. Makes it so much easier than packing.
That Pirate thing at DHS is horrible. I agree not a do again.
I love taking boats at WDW.
Your meal at Via Napoli looked good.
I have to try that Tequila bar.
I just read it all tonight and it is great so far. Looking forward to reading more.
Thanks for joining in Scott, I just noticed your new TR, I remember on your last one saying you needed to finish up before the next one, I'll have to come over and join in the fun!

I'm having some vertigo issues and maybe that's why the HP ride did me in, but I'm done with it. It was cool and I wish I could do it again, but don't think I want to risk it.

I can understand not being a fan of rare meat but why don't you like Kidani? I think it is wonderful!

I forgot that I could take the elevators up from the garage at Kidani. Oh well hindsight is 2020

We're thrifty (Fran wouldn't want me to say cheap), but I think we get a better rate on shipping if we take our own stuff to the business office and pack it up. However, when she's on a roll in the parks, I just let her have them ship it, if you saw the size of the boxes or the amount of stuff we sent home, I wouldn't want to carry it around for the day.

Thanks for reading only a little bit left, but I think it's some pretty good times!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #782
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

So glad you liked the fish and chips! They are so delicious with an ice cold beer

No sauce on a pizza?! That's crazy talk! But i'll take your word and try that next time. I think i'm trying like 3 new pizzas the next time i'm at VN

Wow, good for you guys at the Ditch. A margarita each and sharing a tequila flight?! Good times

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #783
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Fish and Chips with an ICE cold beer sounds wonderful right now.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #784
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
So glad you liked the fish and chips! They are so delicious with an ice cold beer

No sauce on a pizza?! That's crazy talk! But i'll take your word and try that next time. I think i'm trying like 3 new pizzas the next time i'm at VN

Wow, good for you guys at the Ditch. A margarita each and sharing a tequila flight?! Good times
I was kind of shocked when they put it on the table, but after the first bite, it was so good, I didn't worry about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Fish and Chips with an ICE cold beer sounds wonderful right now.
It sure does!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 04-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #785
franandaj

I was able to convince her to go up to the Top of the World Lounge once we got back to the room.

Fran headed right to bed as soon as we got back, she wasnít feeling good. I think it was the tequila and dehydration. I made this for myself for dinner and she passed on dinner. I watched the fireworks again, but didnít take any pictures this time.

After that I headed to the tub and then bed, only one day left!

Old 04-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #786
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

What a spectacular view from the lounge! And great job with dinner

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #787
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

beautiful sunset.

Top of the World is one of the places, I would like to visit one of these days.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #788
Kwaschitz
Mouseketeer

What a view! WOW!! I was kind of 'meh' on the room views (much more parking lot than I'd expected) but these pictures? WOW! Seriously, there are no other words!

(And if my husband were to see that I was at a loss for words, he'd have a coronary since he's convinced I have chronic logorrhea )
Kwaschitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #789
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

What a gorgeous view! I've got to add the lounge to my to-do list. Michael would love it.

Sorry Fran wasn't feeling well. Dinner looks good.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:04 AM   #790
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

The view from TOTW almost makes me want to stay there sometime, beautiful pics!

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:12 AM   #791
Fairy Floss
Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness!

Awesome photos - what a view!

Hong Kong Disneyland 2011
Paris Disneyland 2012
WDW 2013
DLR 2014
Fairy Floss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:19 AM   #792
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Dang! That IS an amazing view from Top of the World. Looks like you had fun there.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:21 AM   #793
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #794
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I am glad that you made it to the Top of the World Lounge. This is one of my favourite places at WDW.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #795
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I am so excited that you finally took your WDW trip. I cannot wait to read all about it!
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: