Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #766
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
The pizza looked lovely, we order a pizza there before and it was amazing.

I had the sangria at Kat Kora's place, cant remember the name, and it was AMAZING!
right there on the Boardwalk.

The Karmel place is my fav...
There is a couple more pizzas there that I want to try. I will definitely go back, and to have the Arancini again would be heaven. The Karamel place is a MUST on every trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Yours is the third good review I've read of Via Napoli, I'm definitely going to have to try it. Everything looks so delicious . Glad you liked the fish and chips, did any of the local birds beg you for food? We've met some very amusing ducks over there.
They had some great options that you would probably like. We didn't encounter any birds at the Fish place, but we were so starved we ate really quickly and were out of there on our way to our next grazing spot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I agree. We had an ADR last trip and skipped it due to F&W. it's going back on my to-do list.

We like Yorkshire too. I love fish n chips.

Great update. Nice photos.
It should definitely be on your list. Great food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Your lunch looked utterly delicious. Do you happen to know if Via Napoli is owned by the same people that own Naples at Downtown Disney at Disneyland. The menu and the style seem to be very similar.

Thanks for this. This should be alright then. You will probably find me a quivering wreck if we do get to meet up if I have done both ToT and California Screamin.

Corinna
Yes, they are a Patina Group restaurant. I have always joked that the Patina group is my "favorite chain restaurant". They have locations throughout Southern California including at the Music Center (next to Disney Hall), the Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, in the San Fernando Valley, Las Vegas, Costa Mesa and some on the East Coast as well as Naples, Tortilla Jo's, Catal and the Uva Bar, in DLR.

Their chef is very innovative and sure knows how to make pomme frites! I love Pinot Provence in Costa Mesa, though we haven't been there in a long time.

You should be fine. If you ride those two rides, we'll just go have a drink and you'll be all smoothed out again!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #767
franandaj

So after leaving Via Napoli, we headed around World Showcase, through Germany and the African Outpost. I ended up buying a T-shirt that is so cute! Youíll see it before the TR is over. We headed farther around World showcase and just made it over the bridge before China. Has anyone ever been stopped at this bridge? I didnít even realize that it was there, but it must be how they move the Illumnations stuff out. They close off the path, and I assume it was a drawbridge that opened up, I didnít look back because we were sort of on a mission.

We headed to the Ditch, and already it was evident that my scooter was starting to lag. I barely made it up the scooter hill into Mexico. We looked for an outlet to charge it, but no luck. So we just went inside. It was sort of packed, but we found a table. Sorry these pictures were so blurry. The place was dark.

We order the trio of dips and chips. We thought the salsa was too spicy. I didnít care for the guacamole, but we devoured the queso. Next time weíll get just that.

I got the Blue Margarita

She got the standard Margarita

We both split the Tequila flight

We have been paying for everything with gift cards all trip and they had Fran sign the check each time. Eventually she realized she that the signature was useless and got creative.

After that we started to head back to the hotel via the monorail. She didn't find the Big Fig that she wanted to purchase in the morning. Since my charge was going so low, she left me at the lockers next to a charging plug while she went back to the art store to get the figure she couldnít get at DHS, I think it was Indiana Jones Mickey.

While she bought the figure, I got enough charge to get to the monorail and get back to the room.

I took photos of the ride on the monorail for our friends at home, so that they might grasp the scale of WDW and how much undeveloped land there is in between the resorts and parks.

Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #768
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I like the Tequila Cave. We might need to stop there in Sep/Oct. I'll be comatose when we leave; but that's okay. I can stumble back to the resort.

Tell Fran I want that autograph as well.

And yes, heaps of undeveloped land.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #769
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

If Fran signing as Luke Skywalker I hope you signed as Princess Leia.

It's always hard to explain how spread out WDW is compared to DL to people in CA.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #770
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I like the Tequila Cave. We might need to stop there in Sep/Oct. I'll be comatose when we leave; but that's okay. I can stumble back to the resort.

Tell Fran I want that autograph as well.

And yes, heaps of undeveloped land.
They had some yummy margaritas as well as tequila flight. That wouldn't be good is you are stumbling out of there!

She went on to sign as some other fine characters, I just didn't get the pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post

It's always hard to explain how spread out WDW is compared to DL to people in CA.
I know Californians don't understand space even though we have a lot of it going on, they just can't comprehend that if you are that "close" you don't build it up.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #771
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post

We like The Ditch too. I wonder how it got that name? La Cava can translate to the cellar in Spanish.

Love the Luke Skywalker sig. Very clever.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:54 AM   #772
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Still trying to get caught up but I am up to the MK day, can't wait till my next trip to see the New Fantasyland.

I love all the HM pics! Where is that Mr Toad in the cemetary? I looked for it when I was there last and couldn't find him.

ETA: I just read the post about your Kitty, Sunny passing. I'm so sorry. It's good you were able to keep her going for as long as you did.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort

Last edited by rndmr2; 04-08-2013 at 01:05 AM.
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #773
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

We love La Cava also, did you get them to explain the mural to you? It is the history of Agava Tequila, it is really cool, all the servers know it. If you did not get them to do it, try and get it next time you are there.

I think David and I have tried all the different marg's in there at least once, and the Cucumber and blood orange one's have t be my favorite.

They used to have blue crab toastado's on the menu and we would order them everytime, but I think they are gone now?

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #774
Kwaschitz
Mouseketeer

Whew! Over the last 2.5 days, I have managed to read all 52 pages! I'm pretty sure I need a vacation now as that was a LOT of work

Let's see... things that I wanted to comment on.

I was laughing so hard at the thought of that roast traveling cross country! I have a friend who I swear would do that. I texted his wife who laughed and laughed as she told me about his desire to attempt to bring ice cream, in the car, from Ohio to NY (she wouldn't let him try because ICE CREAM?? )

I am absolutely in LOVE with that Minnie dress. I stopped reading for about an hour as I searched the internet (fruitlessly) for it. Perhaps ebay or etsy...The search continues!

I was shocked at the MK view room - apparently all the pictures that I'd seen were zoomed in like crazy!

Also, I'm now really really REALLY hungry and only the world showcase can fix this - the arancini! the fish and chips! Les Chefs! I could go on for days (and I plan to on my next trip!)
Kwaschitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #775
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

I think I'll need that blue Margarita! Do you think we can take DSs 5 & 9 in there?
Old 04-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #776
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
I think I'll need that blue Margarita! Do you think we can take DSs 5 & 9 in there?
You could take them in there, but I think they would be bored really quickly, they do have a take out window, you can get any of the Margs as a togo item..

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #777
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
You could take them in there, but I think they would be bored really quickly, they do have a take out window, you can get any of the Margs as a togo item..
Good to know, that's probably what we'll do then. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #778
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
You should be fine. If you ride those two rides, we'll just go have a drink and you'll be all smoothed out again!
That sounds like a plan.

We only made it to La Cava once and loved our Margarita. I think the Tequila flight would be right up my street. I think I have to plan a future visit. What a pain that our scooter was still giving you trouble.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #779
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Just caught up.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:24 AM   #780
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Scooby. I used to love that show.
All the food for club level is making me hungry.
You had an empty park at Harry Potter. Good for you.
Oh no. I get vertigo so the ride might not be for me.
Wow that is really empty.
It got crowded in 90 minutes but not too bad.
Bubba Gump looks good. There is one here in NYC but have never gone.
The resort is gorgeous.
The dinner at Emerilís looked good.
Okay sorry to say not a fan of rare meat or Kidani. LOL.
Great safari pics.
Awww, cute kitty.
I have never tried the cs at Yak & Yeti, always eaten outside. Maybe next time we will.
Great pics of FOTLK.
Sanaa is one of my favorite restaurants.
The orange side, you are brave.
Loved the living with the land pics.
I have yet to see Remy. :O(
YUM!!! Grey Goose Slushie.
When we walked back from jambo we would cut through one of the paths to the garage and take the elevator up.
The tour looked like fun.
The lobster bites or whatever the name is sounded so good.
Nice pics of the savannah and sunrise on moving day.
We have frozen creamed corn here in the Bronx. Come on by. LOL
The Village Gifts is cute and Gastonís Tavern is good. I love the Lefouís Brew.
Great HM pics.
Poor Mr. Toad.
Lucky you eating at BOG. We never made it there.
POTC is my favorite ride of all time. Neither compares to the Paris version. That is great. WDW is too short.
Yum!! Lapu lapu.
We were disappointed in ĎOhanas the last time.
Love the fog pic.
Nice TOT pics.
We ship everything home on the last day. Bring it to the merchandise area of the resort and have a receipt for everything and they ship it. Makes it so much easier than packing.
That Pirate thing at DHS is horrible. I agree not a do again.
I love taking boats at WDW.
Your meal at Via Napoli looked good.
I have to try that Tequila bar.
I just read it all tonight and it is great so far. Looking forward to reading more.
scottny is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: