Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #676
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Love all of the HM detail. I always have to take a double take because WDW's HM exterior is so different from Disneyland's. It always takes me a minute to recognize WDW's. Mr. Toad in the cemetery is hilarious. I have two pics in my report from MNSSHP of the Leota headstone, one with her eyes open and one shut. Michael captured them. I'd didn't realize they opened and closed until I saw the photos.

The storybook part of FL was all we really saw and I couldn't figure out why everyone was so impressed until Jenna told me there was this whole other area.
On our trip in 2011, I sat at the Leota headstone and waited to get a picture with her eyes open once I realized that they did that. I didn't want to wait that long this time since I had done it once before.

The storybook land was OK, we mainly went so we could say, "been there, done that". Otherwise it wasn't all that impressive, but I guess if you have kids that want to ride Dumbo, it's cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Love all the photos from HM

Wow, you are going to have your own HM room ........ How cool is that !!!
We even have the HM wallpaper! We have candleabras (yes plural), one of the actual stretching room pictures, and all those new recreations of the stretching room pics, probably more that I don't even know about.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #677
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj

We even have the HM wallpaper! We have candleabras (yes plural), one of the actual stretching room pictures, and all those new recreations of the stretching room pics, probably more that I don't even know about.
Oh wow - it sounds just incredible !!! I adore the wallpaper especially
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #678
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Wow, that will be one cool room!!!

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:05 AM   #679
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Very nice pictures of the queue from the HM and pictures of Storybook Circus from the New Fantasyland. Glad that you were able to do a DISer meet that day.

Very nice update.
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:22 AM   #680
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Fantastic pictures of HM. Looks like you had a great time in the graveyard.

Nice DisMeet picture.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #681
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I am all caught up again. I did not get Storybook Circus at all. Maybe my mistake was that, like you, I visited the other part of the Fantasyland extension first. After all the amazing detail of Be Our Guest and Belle's village, Storybook Circus just felt cheap and nasty and quickly thrown together.

I am glad that Laura and you got to meet. I can't wait to meet you in May.

It is so amazing that you have all this Haunted Mansion stuff. I look forward to seeing photos of it all on display when you finally have the new house.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #682
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Oh wow - it sounds just incredible !!! I adore the wallpaper especially
The wallpaper is creepy and cool all at the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Wow, that will be one cool room!!!
It will be, I asked Fran what else she had in HM decor, I forgot that we had the tombstones (Brother Dave and Cousin Huet), but she has doorknobs, gargoyle accent pieces, replicas of the signs on the brick pillar entrance to the ride at DL, a pillow reading Tomb Sweet Tomb. This is hanging in our house now.

There was more stuff, but she isn't here right now to ask her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Very nice pictures of the queue from the HM and pictures of Storybook Circus from the New Fantasyland. Glad that you were able to do a DISer meet that day.

Very nice update.
Thank you Bret!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Fantastic pictures of HM. Looks like you had a great time in the graveyard.

Nice DisMeet picture.
I love the new interactive queue, later on I had more fun with another line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I am all caught up again. I did not get Storybook Circus at all. Maybe my mistake was that, like you, I visited the other part of the Fantasyland extension first. After all the amazing detail of Be Our Guest and Belle's village, Storybook Circus just felt cheap and nasty and quickly thrown together.

I am glad that Laura and you got to meet. I can't wait to meet you in May.

It is so amazing that you have all this Haunted Mansion stuff. I look forward to seeing photos of it all on display when you finally have the new house.

Corinna
I'm almost caught all up with yours too. I keep stalling because I hate coming to the end!

When we have the new house all put together, I'm going to invite over anyone from the DIS who wants to come over when they're in town. My DIS friends are the only ones who "get" us! I will post pictures too since it may be a while.

If we pass the Historial commision hearing, they will break ground in July. If we don't pass the Historical commission, well, I'm not thinking about that.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 03-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #683
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
I'm almost caught all up with yours too. I keep stalling because I hate coming to the end!

When we have the new house all put together, I'm going to invite over anyone from the DIS who wants to come over when they're in town. My DIS friends are the only ones who "get" us! I will post pictures too since it may be a while.

If we pass the Historial commision hearing, they will break ground in July. If we don't pass the Historical commission, well, I'm not thinking about that.
I am just about to post the first installment of my Dubai mini trip report. I took a week off from writing trip report, but now I am on a roll again.

I will keep my fingers crossed that everything works out at your Historical commission hearing.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #684
franandaj

After our ride, we headed back over to Be Our Guest to get in line for lunch. We got there around 10:40 and the line was all the way out the walkway and spilled around towards Gaston’s. I had read on the DIS that most people wait about half an hour to get to inside or to the ordering station, so we got in line to wait.

They had plastic coated menus that they passed through the line so you could make your choices before you got up to the podium.

Once we got through the queue, we entered a room with CMs at various ordering kiosks.

Once you place your order, they give you a rose. I think it has some sort of GPS capability so that your server can find you with your order.

While Fran waited at the table, I went around the restaurant taking pictures.

Drink Station

We sat in the main dining room.

But there were two other options for dining room.

Our order arrived pretty quickly. The soups were both very good.

The Roast Beef sandwich was nothing special, but it hit the spot.

This cupcake was pretty good, too.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #685
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

I'm still 6 pages behind but I had to comment. THANK YOU for the hog pictures!!! They are so freaking cute I can't stand it!

Quote:
The Oysters were awesome! The only thing that wasn't quite as good was that in California we have this sauce called a Mignonette. Later our server told us that we could request it and they know how to make it. It's essentially red wine vinegar and some shallots, but it is so tasty with the Oysters, I always use it over the cocktail/horseradish option. When you come out here, maybe we could leave Disney property and get some, they don't serve raw oysters at Disney restaurants.
I will admit I have never eaten an oyster let alone a raw one. But would be open to trying them. Sounds fun.

I did go and check on the 1 BR again and of course there's no availability now. I sat on the fence too long. After this trip I know I'd enjoy having the kitchen and laundry.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #686
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Whew, all caught up. Hopefully I remember everything I wanted to comment on.

Love the red dress, you look fantastic!

Love the D & B, I really want the Aulani one in that color.

Sci-Fi is a great restaurant, glad you made a late lunch and had plenty of time after check out.

BLT looks great. That might just need to be back on the list.

I've wanted that Star Wars Donald for about a year. How great she got all four

The HM room sounds positively creepy!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:08 PM   #687
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Why did I think Be Our Guest was a table service? The onion soup looks mm mm good!

Thanks for sharing those photos. Can't wait to try it out.....if I can ever get my family inside FL.

Your HM room is going to be uber cool.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #688
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Very nice pictures from inside Be Our Guests Restaurant. No surprise to see a lot of the people sitting in the ball room and Beast room. Even though it is a counter service restaurant during lunch time but it does feel like a sit down restaurant where you get served.

Glad that you really like the French Onion Soup and Potato Leak Soup. When I ate at that restaurant last year I thought the food was very nice.

Great update.
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:05 AM   #689
Fairy Floss
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for this thread!

I'm going to WDW for the first time in May - all of your info & wonderful pictures are helping me to plan
:-)

Hong Kong Disneyland 2011
Paris Disneyland 2012
WDW 2013
DLR 2014
Fairy Floss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:35 AM   #690
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Alison - I'd really love to go to BoG in October. I'm not sure about whether I want to eat there, but I'd love to see inside. Would you and Fran eat there again?

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: