Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #646
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
You need to start a PTR on this one for sure! A franandaj/PIO trippie? I'm in!
I think you're already reading her PTR. I need to finish my two TRs, start a PTR for the Cruise, and then think about the Gamers DISmeet PTR. Heck! I've got the Expo coming up in five months and I haven't even finished the TR from the last Destination-D yet!

That's why I am furiously composing! Update on the way!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #647
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I think you're already reading her PTR. I need to finish my two TRs, start a PTR for the Cruise, and then think about the Gamers DISmeet PTR. Heck! I've got the Expo coming up in five months and I haven't even finished the TR from the last Destination-D yet!

That's why I am furiously composing! Update on the way!

I read her trip report but I don't think I'm reading her PTR. I can't keep up with this obsession. I was thinking about starting a Spring Break report but I'm behind on my WDW one as it is. I need to update our meet too. Looks like I'll be able to as Gabby went grocery shipping for me after school. Whoever said having a kid that can drive doesn't rock is CRAZY! It's increased the quality of my life tenfold.

Can't wait for the update. Your lastest Dest D update was incredible. The Oscar gave me the chills.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #648
franandaj

Now it was Monday with three full days left in the trip.

This was my morning view.

We had no ADRs planned for the daytime, but it seemed to be a no brainer to go to MK as we were right here. We both wanted to see the new Fantasyland and eat at Be Our Guest restaurant. I had heard mixed reviews, but nothing but good about the soups that they served. We decided to get two bowls of soup and split a sandwich, but I get ahead of myself! The other plan that fell into place was that Laura (RachelTori) had arrived at the World the day before. We sent each other text messages in the morning and it turns out she had the same tentative plans as we did.

Because of the way the rest of the trip was going to work out, I suggested that use up our bacon and pancake mix for this mornings breakfast. For 99 cents and some water, those pancakes came out mighty tasty!

Oh yeah, and the melon wasnt bad either!

So we headed out after breakfast. I think it was before 7AM that Laura and I were texting. Amazing! We ate our breakfast and then headed over to the Magic Kingdom. I cant even believe that we made it in time for the preshow!

It always throws me off with that Twilight Zone sort of experience going to the MK. I keep expecting to see Disneylands Main Street and it never is!

Nope, Walts Apartment isnt there.

Why is that silly crane always there? (at least during our trip)

Our destination was to check out the new Fantasyland.

A CM informed us that Ariels ride was down. We started to get in the queue for Enchanted Tales with Belle, but realized that the wait would be pretty much an hour. No scooters were allowed and Fran would have needed to either transfer to a wheelchair or stand for the hour wait. We decided to pass on that attraction too and just check out the area.

And then we went inside

[Continued in Next Post]
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Last edited by franandaj; 03-14-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #649
franandaj

[Continued from Previous Post]

After that we went to see the rest of what was open in Fantasyland.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #650
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

That morning view was truly beautiful. Typical that the Little Mermaid Ride was down. In 3 trips to Disneyland and one to WDW, I managed to ride it twice. Everytime else I wanted to ride it, it was down. I would have loved to see how different the WDW is.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #651
franandaj

Quote:
I read her trip report but I don't think I'm reading her PTR. I can't keep up with this obsession. I was thinking about starting a Spring Break report but I'm behind on my WDW one as it is. I need to update our meet too. Looks like I'll be able to as Gabby went grocery shipping for me after school. Whoever said having a kid that can drive doesn't rock is CRAZY! It's increased the quality of my life tenfold.

Can't wait for the update. Your lastest Dest D update was incredible. The Oscar gave me the chills.
It's the "Anyone Game" thread. I could have sworn that I've seen you on it. I'm glad that you are getting time to do updates, because I want to see those pictures from Friday!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
That morning view was truly beautiful. Typical that the Little Mermaid Ride was down. In 3 trips to Disneyland and one to WDW, I managed to ride it twice. Everytime else I wanted to ride it, it was down. I would have loved to see how different the WDW is.

Corinna
Almost every day there was fog on the lake and it looked really cool!

I've heard that the LM rides themselves are completely identical, so I wasn't so worried about it being down. I would have liked to have gone through the queue, I've heard that is really great. I don't know why it goes down so often, it's not like it's a complicated ride.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:58 PM   #652
rentayenta

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....003243&page=62

Last edited by rentayenta; 03-14-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #653
rentayenta

I agree about MK's Main St. It's just so freaky to me. The castle while gorgeous is too big and the fire dept looks so sad all alone.

Breakfast looks good. Love homemade breakfast and the easier the better.

We missed that entire area of FL. Be Our Guest looks fantastic. They did a great job.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:35 AM   #654
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

That was neat that you and Fran were able to make the pre-show before the MK opened that morning.

It would have been nice that the Little Mermaid ride would be open that morning. The MK version ride experience is exactly the same as the DCA. The queue at the MK is way better over DCA ride.

Nice pictures from Be Our Guest Restaurant. It was neat that you were able to get a lot of different pictures of the restaurant and in the main dining room where it was quiet.

Very nice update.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:36 AM   #655
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

The fog looks so pretty! Unlike what we get here right?!

I, too, am shocked that you guys made it to the pre-show

The details in BoG is so amazing. What a beautiful restaurant that I hope to go to soon!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:11 AM   #656
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Nice pics of Be Our Guest. I'm looking forward to seeing FL when we go for the MNSSHP night in November.

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:32 AM   #657
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Catching up! I love the pictures you got in the new Fantasyland. Makes me real excited to think that I'll be seeing it in October.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #658
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

The fog on the lake was beautiful...

The pictures of BOG and fantasyland are beautiful, I love all the details

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #659
franandaj

Quote:
I agree about MK's Main St. It's just so freaky to me. The castle while gorgeous is too big and the fire dept looks so sad all alone.

Breakfast looks good. Love homemade breakfast and the easier the better.

We missed that entire area of FL. Be Our Guest looks fantastic. They did a great job.
I think they were still doing soft openings on FL while you were there, sometimes guests at that time were getting in and sometimes not. Bret got a sneak preview of BoG on his trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
That was neat that you and Fran were able to make the pre-show before the MK opened that morning.

It would have been nice that the Little Mermaid ride would be open that morning. The MK version ride experience is exactly the same as the DCA. The queue at the MK is way better over DCA ride.

Nice pictures from Be Our Guest Restaurant. It was neat that you were able to get a lot of different pictures of the restaurant and in the main dining room where it was quiet.

Very nice update.
I had heard of people waiting 15 minutes, just to get a picture of the mosaic without people in it, so I was glad we stumbled upon the restaurant before it opened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
The fog looks so pretty! Unlike what we get here right?!

I, too, am shocked that you guys made it to the pre-show

The details in BoG is so amazing. What a beautiful restaurant that I hope to go to soon!
I don't like the tule fog at all, it's creepy. The restaurant itself is very pretty, but I haven't heard many good reviews of the food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Nice pics of Be Our Guest. I'm looking forward to seeing FL when we go for the MNSSHP night in November.
Hopefully everything will be open by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Catching up! I love the pictures you got in the new Fantasyland. Makes me real excited to think that I'll be seeing it in October.
I hope more things are open (like the Seven Dwarves mine train), but everything says 2014. Maybe they will have soft openings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
The fog on the lake was beautiful...

The pictures of BOG and fantasyland are beautiful, I love all the details
Disney does great with the details and the fog was beautiful, it was there every morning except one.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:33 PM   #660
franandaj

We left off having just visited Be Our Guest before the restaurant was open. We ventured on in Fantasyland. There was Gastonís place

Sadly enough, I didnít actually go into either place?

And Arielís ride (which was down)

And right across from the Little Mermaid ride was the construction for the 7 Dwarves Mine Ride

We decided to head over to the Storybook circus area and the mine ride will be right in the middle of everything so we had to walk all around the construction. Another look at the Beastís castle as we headed out back around to the other side of Fantasyland.

What I thought was very interesting was that they had peep holes in the fence so that you could actually look in at the construction. Normally Disney doesnít want you to see anything, but here they were encouraging folks to take a look see.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: