Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #541
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Your night safari sounds amazing as does your dinner. Beef Stroganoff is one of my signature dishes, but I use Dijon Mustard and copious amounts of Paprika as well as the sour cream.

I have never seen the brown and white cattle at AKL. They look so pretty.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #542
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

I have always wanted to make beef stroganoff, what's that mustard mixture? It looks so good. Michael gave me a recipe once for it and it was so labor intensive we ended driving through Wendy's instead. Yours looks so easy.

Love the animal photos and I can't believe the giraffes were that close. I think giraffes are the most beautiful animals. They smell something fierce though.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #543
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

So would you do the night safari again? I hadn't given it much thought since I didn't think I would be able to see the animals, but that looked great.

How did you get the scooter back to the room after it died?

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:52 PM   #544
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Your night safari sounds amazing as does your dinner. Beef Stroganoff is one of my signature dishes, but I use Dijon Mustard and copious amounts of Paprika as well as the sour cream.

I have never seen the brown and white cattle at AKL. They look so pretty.

Corinna
The night safair was awesome! Is the Paprika a German twist on the stroganoff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I have always wanted to make beef stroganoff, what's that mustard mixture? It looks so good. Michael gave me a recipe once for it and it was so labor intensive we ended driving through Wendy's instead. Yours looks so easy.

Love the animal photos and I can't believe the giraffes were that close. I think giraffes are the most beautiful animals. They smell something fierce though.
Here is a link to the recipe on the "What's for Dinner Thread". It's really pretty easy and very tasty!

Beef Stroganoff

I didn't find any problems with their smell, but I bet they AKL vets keep them very clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
So would you do the night safari again? I hadn't given it much thought since I didn't think I would be able to see the animals, but that looked great.

How did you get the scooter back to the room after it died?
I think we might do that safari again, definitely over the Wanyama because it is more cost effective and you aren't tied to a meal at Jiko. If I eat at Jiko, I want to pick my food not eat from the tableside "buffet".

Well once I got it back on level ground the scooter limped very slowly back to the room. It wasn't until I was on the next pod to my room before it completely died. At that point, I put it in neutral and pushed it back. We have had many scooter mishaps as Fran has been using them for over 10 years. It was only about five years ago that I started using them when my tendonitis in my foot got really bad. I only went to a podiatrist last year and actually got it properly diagnosed about six months ago.

Before that I saw a rhuematologist because I thought it was arthritis as that was what the foot surgeon told me was most likely to occur with the surgery I had on my foot. I got orthodics the week before we left, but I didn't want to risk walking that much on new orthodics so I brought the scooter. We'll have to see how I do with the orthodics at DL and if I can walk miles without killing my foot.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:29 AM   #545
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Fran has never rode RSR, but since she got on Test Track we figured that she can get on RSR. I can't wait to get her out there to ride it! She wants to try the two. I don't know what we will do with the leftevoers since two of can't even finish the one. Ordering two.
I thought that Fran rode RSR with you during the AP preview last June. I knew that you rode RSR on that day when I saw you and Fran during the preview. It was nice that she went on Test Track during your trip. Can you ask the CM's at Cafe Orleans if you can have half the Three Cheese Monte Cristo and the Monte Cristo Sandwich on one plate. I don't think that is possible but it is worth a shot if you can have a half plate the 3 Cheese and the Monte Cristo.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:13 AM   #546
dolphingirl47

Quote:
The night safair was awesome! Is the Paprika a German twist on the stroganoff?
I am not sure, but it gives it a lovely earthy flavour.

Corinna
Old 02-27-2013, 06:41 AM   #547
rentayenta

Thank you for the link to the ingredients. I'm going to make this on Michael's next 48. I'm thinking a salad or green veggie and maybe bread for side dishes.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #548
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I am not sure, but it gives it a lovely earthy flavour.

Corinna
Hmmmmm, sounds interesting. Fran is the one who found this recipe and introduced me to it. We have been eating it for so long. She really hates it when I change spices or flavorings to something that has become a "standard" in the repertoire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Thank you for the link to the ingredients. I'm going to make this on Michael's next 48. I'm thinking a salad or green veggie and maybe bread for side dishes.
I usually do a cooked green veggie with this. We were just too tired to eat healthy by the time we were hungry.

"Michael's next 48"?
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 02-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #549
franandaj

We are now on Day six of the trip and you would think that we would be starting to slow down! We ate something quick for breakfast, maybe cereal or an English Muffin and were out the door to the bus stop.

Well because Fran’s camera ran out of memory space on the safari the other day, we vowed to come back today and ride the safari again. You can go back a couple pages if you want to see the pictures, I put them in the update from our first day at AK.

We didn’t get there quite at rope drop, but we were entering into the park at 9AM. It was amazing the difference between a Thursday and a Saturday. It was PACKED!!

We rode the safari and then Fran went off to go shopping. Tracey had asked if we could get her the item number for a red mickey bag that she had purchased the week before. Fran took that as a “buy the bag for Tracey” Turns out it was a good move because Tracey did want a second bag. I hope you have received it and your mother is enjoying it!

We went through a small “trying to return the bag fiasco” so it’s good that Tracey wanted it. Then we headed over to Expedition Everest. Fran was actually willing to give this one a go, so we went through the regular queue as the line was only stated at 20 minutes. I realized that I had not been through the queue since the ride opened back when.

But first the obligatory trash can picture.

Disney is the best with “dust” they can make it look so real.

[Continued in Next Post]
Old 02-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #550
franandaj

[Continued from Previous Post]

Then we got on the ride. Take a look at the ball cap she is wearing because this is the last time you’re going to see it.

Luckily Fran had another couple baseball caps in the back of her scooter, so she put on a new one and we were good to go. We decided to check out some of the trails around the Tree of Life. We came across the vultures

There were the Kangaroos.

Then we looked at some fish.

Fran took some more Tree of Life pictures

And another Trash Can

We got one of these.

We went through the stores at the front of the park one more time. I took some more light fixture pictures.

And with that we called it a day from the Animal Kingdom. The place was really packed since it was a weekend. We were headed to DTD for dinner that night, and Fran needed to get a little rest. We were planning on doing some shopping there (little did I know how much!), so we were thinking of trying to leave the resort around 4:00PM, however since it was probably about 2:00, something was going to have to give!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #551
rentayenta

Quote:

I usually do a cooked green veggie with this. We were just too tired to eat healthy by the time we were hungry.

"Michael's next 48"?

Michael works 48 hours shifts at the FD. He does 48* on and 96* off.

Great update. We love EE and Mickey pretzels with cheese. That would be my Chloe's perfect day.

We've lost a hat or two on EE. You'd think we would have learned.

I also noticed a difference in crowds from weekdays to weekends. It's fairly significant. On the busses too.

Awesome photos as usual.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #552
dolphingirl47

I loved the photos from the line at Expedition Everest. Maybe the next time I go to WDW, I just have to do this for all the clever details in the line and then take the chicken exit. This is one ride that seriously freaks me out.

Corinna
Old 02-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #553
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj

We rode the safari and then Fran went off to go shopping. Tracey had asked if we could get her the item number for a red mickey bag that she had purchased the week before. Fran took that as a “buy the bag for Tracey” Turns out it was a good move because Tracey did want a second bag. I hope you have received it and your mother is enjoying it!

We went through a small “trying to return the bag fiasco” so it’s good that Tracey wanted it.
I'm just catching up...
I made the TR!!!

I gave my mom the bag yesterday & she LOVES it!!!!

Thank you again!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #554
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Just catching up.

How cool is that, that you got an entire vehicle all to yourselves for the tour. Your own private tour! Your stroganoff looks yummy by the way.

You got some great pictures of the queue for EE. I hardly ever get to see the all the little pictures, artifacts and articles that's in the queue.

Did Fran enjoy the ride?!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:34 PM   #555
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Great pics from EE

Shame about the ball cap - the yeti probably has quiet the collection now !!
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: