Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #436
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Awww... sweet Sunny! She just needed her Mommies!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #437
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Sunny is looking perkier and I'm sure she's happy to be home.

So did Fran survive all your fun and travel to Florida? It won't be long and you'll be off on your next cruise.
She was such a happy girl, slept with us in bed all night. So far she's already eaten twice this morning.

It's a lot of work having fun! Now we need a vacation from our vacation. The massage yesterday helped me out. She got a lot of sleep on the trip, so she wasn't as wiped out as I was. We need to get on planning that cruise, airfare and hotel the night before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
Awww... sweet Sunny! She just needed her Mommies!

She's very happy to be home!

Now time to get on with this TR!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #438
franandaj

Watching those dancers at FOTLK exert all that energy made us hungry again, so we stopped for some.

THAT. was really good!

Then we headed over to a ride that I had not been on for at least five or more years.

I thought that this sign was funny.

The queue moved along really quickly. We probably waited no more than 10 minutes in this part of the queue.

We got to the loading area, and they let us take the elevator down instead of loading through the regular way with the stairs. Once we got loaded in the car, the ride went down. I used the opportunity to take pictures in the loading area.

Pretty soon we were going again, but we probably waited longer in the ride vehicle in the loading area than we did in the overall queue. And hereís our tacky picture of our picture. The ride was a lot more jostling than I remember, but it was still fun.

We wandered around admiring the Dinosaurs for a while

Now I had seen this on the Disney Food Pictures thread but it was from Hollywood Studios, Mac and Cheese Hot Dog. Since I already had plans for our meal at DHS (Sci-Fi Dine in Theater), I wasnít sure how I was going to try this. Imagine my surprise when I saw it on the menu at Restaurantosaurus. We decided to come back here and get one after our ride on Dinosaur and split it between the two of us.

The dťcor of this place was really cute.

And on to the next adventure!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 02-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #439
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

My nephew and I enjoyed the dino pic.

Have you started checking out the new cruise itineraries for 2014? I'm thinking about the Oct 4th Southern Caribbean.

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #440
franandaj

At this point we really needed to head out of there. It was probably 2PM maybe 2:30. This was the day that I was supposed to return the rental car. It needed to be back at MCO by 4:00PM to avoid another dayís charge. I also had to pick up a couple more things at Publix before returning the car. We hustled back to the bus stop and for the second time, we lucked out. The bus was waiting at the stop. It was almost ready to leave, but the CM who was monitoring the buses let the bus driver know that we pulled up in the nick of time. He loaded us on the bus and we were back to the hotel in no time.

I took the toll road back to the Airport. I left Publix at about 3:15 and got to the airport at 3:50PM. It was a short walk back into the terminal and over to the Magical Express area. I had about a 25 minute wait before I was on the bus and headed back to Kidani. The ride took a lot longer than I thought it would as Kidani was the last stop on our trip.

We had a 6:45 reservation at Sanaa, and I was really hoping for some time on the balcony watching the animals and enjoying a glass of wine. Unfortunately it was about 6:00PM when I got to the resort, so I only really had a few minutes before we had to take off for our dinner reservation.

I snapped these pictures out the window before I ran off to the Airport.

And these were as I enjoyed a glass of wine while the sun was setting.

This little bunny snuck his way out onto the Savannah

The Ankole Cattle liked to hang out near our window. This one guy really was interested in the feeding station for the giraffe. So much so that he was sticking his antler into the feeding station to knock the leaves on the floor so that he could have a tasty treat.

Then we headed out to the restaurant.

It wasnít very busy, but still they wanted to give us a pager.

It didnít take long for them to seat us and we were right next to a window. It was already dark, so we really couldnít see a lot of animals. So we began to peruse the menu.

I pretty much already knew what we wanted, but the two of us discussed what we wanted to eat and settled on a few choices. We started off with the bread service. We choice 2 orders of Naan, Garlic Ginger Naan, Onion Kulcha and Pappadum. For accompaniments we had the Cucumber Raita (clockwise from the top), Red Chile Sambal, Mango Chutney, Garlic Pickle, and Tamarind Chutney.

We decided on the Tapas approach again. Here are the Mustard Seed Crusted Scallops with Coconut Cream Sauce.

And the Lamb Kefta Kebabs with Mint Chutney.

And then we split the Sanaa Vegetarian Sampler, we chose the Stewed Lentils and Paneer Tikka with Basmati Rice. They split it into two portions for us.

We passed on dessert. That was a perfect meal. It did not put us in a food coma, and we went back to the room and I took a bath in the wonderful Jacuzzi tub. Now I might not have mentioned it much in the same way that most people donít talk about their grooming and showering habits. Even if I donít say anything about it, rest assured that I was in that tub every night. If I didnít take a bath before bed, I did it in the morning when I woke up too early to get up. It helps me fall back asleep in the middle of the night. We had a plan for the next day, but youíll have to wait to see what it is!

Old 02-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #441
franandaj

Quote:
My nephew and I enjoyed the dino pic.

Have you started checking out the new cruise itineraries for 2014? I'm thinking about the Oct 4th Southern Caribbean.
Thanks! But you're not supposed to be home! I hope you aren't sick!

I figured I better start looking so that we have an idea for when we get on the ship. She wants to start ending our WDW trips with a cruise for 3-4 days, so we'll have to figure that all out in there.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #442
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

I figured I better start looking so that we have an idea for when we get on the ship. She wants to start ending our WDW trips with a cruise for 3-4 days, so we'll have to figure that all out in there.
I'm fine, it's a holiday for Lincoln's BD. We also checked out the AKV animal pics. He wanted to know if the dino were real or fake?

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #443
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

I am so glad you enjoyed Sanaa- it is one of my favorite restaurants. I love that the flavors are so different. I just finished listening to the podcast review of it, and they did not enjoy it at all- I think if you don't "get" those spices, then it just doesn't work. Fortunately for me, all of my friends and family "get" it. I think this upcoming DISmom trip in May will be my 9th or 10th visit- which is pretty impressive considering I don't live nearby!

So happy your baby is doing better!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #444
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

That's AWESOME!!!! I wish Pods felt that way!!! I am so bummed they are not coming to NYC next summer....we really want to do a year of easy- drive to the port and start the vacay asap. So we'll be trying out a new Norwegian ship, Breakaway. But....my 5th cruise is on NYE this year on the Fantasy, and I REALLY want cruise #6 so I can wear a gold lanyard! LMAO... I have some SERIOUS issues....
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #445
franandaj

Quote:
I'm fine, it's a holiday for Lincoln's BD. We also checked out the AKV animal pics. He wanted to know if the dino were real or fake?
Glad you are well... Of course the Dinosaurs are real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I am so glad you enjoyed Sanaa- it is one of my favorite restaurants. I love that the flavors are so different. I just finished listening to the podcast review of it, and they did not enjoy it at all- I think if you don't "get" those spices, then it just doesn't work. Fortunately for me, all of my friends and family "get" it. I think this upcoming DISmom trip in May will be my 9th or 10th visit- which is pretty impressive considering I don't live nearby!

So happy your baby is doing better!
I love Indian food. Fran is not so much a fan, but I have been able to find some foods in the cuisine that she will eat and I steered the menu that night towards those things. She kept telling me that Sanaa was an African restaurant....finally I stopped correcting her and just conceeded that India and Tandoori cooking was a part of Africa.

I'm not sure how often we'll get back there though, she is much for a Beaches and Cream or Cookes of Dublin type of gal!

Old 02-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #446
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I am glad that Sunny is home with her family.

I loved the look of that Macaroni Cheese Hotdog. I wish I had known about this before my trip. I loved my lunch at Anandapur Local Foods Cafe, but I would have been all over this. Sanaa was a surprise hit with us and I am glad that you enjoyed it, too.

I had to laugh at the clever Ankole Cattle.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #447
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

So HAPPY to hear about Sunny! How is she doing today?

How was that Mac and Cheese hot dog?! The name makes it sound a little weird but the picture makes it actually look pretty tasty.

Ugh. Need to try Sanaa next time!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #448
franandaj

Ooops! Wrong thread!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #449
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj
Ooops! Wrong thread!
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I keep forgetting where I am!!!!

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #450
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I keep forgetting where I am!!!!

Silly Phone!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: