Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

Sell me on a Deluxe Resort @ Christmas-time

We have a trip planned for Nov 29-Dec 8 of 2013. I absolutely cannot decide what resort to stay at. I have been throwing the idea of Wilderness Lodge back and forth, but then got to thinking about the Boardwalk or other EPCOT resorts. I like the fact that there is access to two parks within walking distance at the Boardwalk..but that pool is a reason of it's own to not stay there for me (NOT a fan of clowns). But, could make it work if needed. Have always wanted to stay at Beach Club, but generally have gone in a different direction.

I just can't decide! We really want a resort to get that Christmas feel with beautiful decorations

Thanks!

Dreamsdocometrue9112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

If you care a lot about the Christmas decorations, you should absolutely stay at either the WL or GF (depending on which theme you prefer). Trust me-- I am a complete Christmas nut. The WL and GF are totally on a different level compared to the other deluxe resorts with regard to getting the "full" Christmas experience. The WL feels more cozy (and is less $), whereas the GF feels more formal and has the amazing location on the monorail. We chose the GF, but would have been very happy at the WL as well.

Have a great time wherever you end up!!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
mariamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

We spent 10 nights at BW in a Deluxe CL room this past Dec. It was absolutely beautiful!! We loved the convenience of walking to Epcot & HS. The decorations were nice at BW.

We had also considered WL, BC & AKL -- discarded AKL due to location/transportation. BC was quite a bit more for a room of our family size (2 adults/4 kids). WL & BW were pretty close in price, but in the end we decided on BW due to location.

I'm not a "clown" person either (bad experience in a Haunted House!!), but the pool did not bother me (or you could always go to the other pool).

We are returning to WDW in Oct and were originally booked at WL, but after returning from BW we changed our reservation to be back at BW.

Good luck in your decision and have an amazing trip!
Old 01-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #4
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Wilderness Lodge at Christmas is absolutely gorgeous. I feel like it encompasses everything that Christmas should be. It feels warm, cozy, gorgeous!

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #5
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Christmas time for us would mean WL for an old fashioned homey Christmas feeling and GF RPC for an old fashioned elegant Christmas. We've stayed at both and I have to give the edge to WL.
We're DVC members at BWV and love that area the rest of the year but if we're going during the holidays, we save the points and pay for either WL or GF RPC. Even VWL doesn't give me the feeling of Christmas that staying in the hotel does.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

Honestly, every time I read 'sell me' in the title of the post I think the op is hesitant..... so my advice is no need to go deluxe.

The wonderful the thing about DW is the transportation, so no matter where you stay, it's so easy to see all the resort and theme park decorations.

I know you'll have a great time wherever you stay!
Dizzytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #7
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsdocometrue9112 View Post
We have a triplanned for Nov 29-Dec 8 of 2013. I absolutely cannot decide what resort to stay at. I have been throwing the idea of Wilderness Lodge back and forth, but then got to thinking about the Boardwalk or other EPCOT resorts. I like the fact that there is access to two parks within walking distance at the Boardwalk..but that pool is a reason of it's own to not stay there for me (NOT a fan of clowns). But, could make it work if needed. Have always wanted to stay at Beach Club, but generally have gone in a different direction.

I just can't decide! We really want a resort to get that Christmas feel with beautiful decorations

Thanks!
3 little words....ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE.. Take a peek. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=10

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote