Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #1
monkyby87
Mouseketeer

Split stay after having booked question...

Hello all-

I have tried searching the forums but couldn't quite find an answer. I have already booked a 5 day, 4 night stay at POFQ. However, I was thinking of surprising my wife with the last night being at the Poly. I know it's just for one night, but I still thought it might be nice. Anyways, is it possible to do this after the fact? So basically I would be removing one night stay at POFQ and adding that night to the Poly, obviously for a price increase. Is this possible? And how will it affect my park tickets? We have two 5 day MYW with PH, but no dining, so free dining or anything like that isn't an issue. I've never done a split stay, and didn't know if it was even worth the hassle at this point or even possible. Thanks for any help!!

WDW - 2011
WDW - 2012
monkyby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
Cassushi
Mouseketeer

You can modify your reservation anyway you want, except for “Any change or modification of the reservation inside the 45 day mark will incur a $50.00 fee.” * Split stays will not affect your park tickets, but they will affect your dining plan, but you do not have one so it does not make a difference. Note the only hindrance you will have is receiving your luggage in a timely manner. If you can take a taxi, your luggage will be readily available to you, since you are at the Poly for only one night. My family took a taxi from Animal Kingdom Lodge to the Poly and it was $20 (not including tip); if you do not need special clothing for the day, then that would not make a difference.

I hope that you have a great time; you and your wife will love the Poly.

Cassie

*http://www.allears.net/acc/resort.htm
June 2010 Polynesian, Animal Kingdom and Wilderness Lodge. June 2011 Polynesian and Beach Club. July 2012 Yacht Club June 2013 Port Orleans-Riverside May 2014Wilderness Lodge June 2014 Yacht Club June 2015 Contemporary

Cassushi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 08:34 AM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

As the pp said, it's easy to modify your reservation and take a night off, but if you are 44 days or less from arrival, you will be charged a $50 change fee since your package cost will decrease. If you are more than 45 days from arrival, any changes can be made without a fee. You would then make a room only reservation for the Poly, which would require that one night to be paid for upon booking. Disney does not see this as a split stay, but rather 2 separate reservations. Also, like the pp mentioned, a split stay will not effect your park tickets as those are good for 14 days from first use; however, they will be on your POFQ room key so you would need that to enter the park on that last day.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
Cassushi
Mouseketeer

When doing a split reservation, your park tickets will be transferred over to your new room key at the Poly.
June 2010 Polynesian, Animal Kingdom and Wilderness Lodge. June 2011 Polynesian and Beach Club. July 2012 Yacht Club June 2013 Port Orleans-Riverside May 2014Wilderness Lodge June 2014 Yacht Club June 2015 Contemporary

Cassushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
monkyby87
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the help everyone! It sounds pretty easy to do, aside from just having to move your luggage, though I think the hotels do that for you. One last question, does anyone know how it affects the Magic Express? We're flying in through Disney and using Magic Express both ways, so will they be able to adjust it as such for pickup to be at Poly and not POFQ? I imagine I could ask these on the phone, but we all know that could take a while, lol.

WDW - 2011
WDW - 2012
monkyby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #6
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkyby87 View Post
Thanks for the help everyone! It sounds pretty easy to do, aside from just having to move your luggage, though I think the hotels do that for you. One last question, does anyone know how it affects the Magic Express? We're flying in through Disney and using Magic Express both ways, so will they be able to adjust it as such for pickup to be at Poly and not POFQ? I imagine I could ask these on the phone, but we all know that could take a while, lol.
I just told them at the Poly last time I had no troubles with M E
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Debrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #7
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkyby87 View Post
Yes. When you make your reservation for the Poly, just tell them you need ME from Poly on your check-out day and they will take your flight info.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: