Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #751
Senator Tressel
DIS Veteran

They've gotta backdoor Howard. Just because he's so boring and I want him gone. Anytime he's on, I fast forward. What a waste of space. But there are real game reasons too.

As far as Elissa getting nominated by America, I think some people probably did mess up, but it didn't surprise me at all that she got that. Aaryn may have been first, but she was nominated so they had to go for the second highest vote total. I bet the percentage who messed up wasn't nearly enough to have made any difference. Now we'll see who is next on the list of who the fans want out since she won the veto.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:08 PM   #752
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Tressel View Post
They've gotta backdoor Howard. Just because he's so boring and I want him gone. Anytime he's on, I fast forward. What a waste of space. But there are real game reasons too.

As far as Elissa getting nominated by America, I think some people probably did mess up, but it didn't surprise me at all that she got that. Aaryn may have been first, but she was nominated so they had to go for the second highest vote total. I bet the percentage who messed up wasn't nearly enough to have made any difference. Now we'll see who is next on the list of who the fans want out since she won the veto.
I don't think America gets the next vote. They won't want them to know who America wants out until Thursday but I could be wrong. It sure was a mix up and all the house guest think Elissa put herself up there which is funny.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #753
Senator Tressel
DIS Veteran

What do you mean? Of course America still gets to decide. They'll just put the next person on the list up, like they may have already done since Aaryn was nominated.

I think this is one the house guests should have figured out. They made it pretty obvious. It's not at all surprising that the person who always gets the most votes in a popularity contest would also get the most in an unpopularity contest. She's polarizing.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #754
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAB View Post

I don't think America gets the next vote. They won't want them to know who America wants out until Thursday but I could be wrong. It sure was a mix up and all the house guest think Elissa put herself up there which is funny.
They already set that if America's nominee won veto the person with the next highest votes would go up.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #755
Robinrs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Tressel View Post

Waste of space? Hardly. To each his own I guess... I got my own reasons, too

Robinrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #756
Robinrs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinrs View Post
On the CBS.com site:

Quote:
Big Brother Vote Description: During the Voting Period, viewers of the Big Brother television program will be asked to interact with the show by voting to choose the third nominee for eviction. The announcer will invite viewers to vote either by sending a text message on their text messaging capable mobile phone or by going online at www.cbs.com/bigbrother. The BB MVP is a new twist of the game that grants the viewing audience the power to nominate a houseguest for eviction during that week of the competition. There is a ten (10) vote maximum for each method of voting for this Voting Period (each text messaging capable mobile phone is limited to a maximum of ten (10) votes; each registered online voter is limited to a maximum of ten (10) votes).

How it Works
Current Head of Household can NOT be nominated by America.

The vote is a ranking. If America's nominee gets nominated by the HOH first, the second highest vote- getter will become the nominee. If the first and second place vote-getters are nominated by the HOH, it will be the third highest vote getter that will be nominated.

Likewise, if America's nominee is saved and pulled off the block by the Power of Veto, the next highest vote getter will become the replacement nominee.

Note the highlighted. We've already chosen that person. I think (hope) it's Amanda.

Robinrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #757
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun

Quote:
Note the highlighted. We've already chosen that person. I think (hope) it's Amanda.
I hope so too!!!!

DH DW DD DS
davale4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:07 PM   #758
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

It's understandable. People speed 3 weeks voting for who they want to have the power that they don't pay attention to the instructions giving that theybarennow voting for who goes up on the block
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:27 AM   #759
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonnyDipp View Post
Apparently Elissa has some kind of power next week. No POV comp. She's safe! Amanda is saying that Elissa has been getting special treatment.
Elissa DOES NOT have a power. She took a punishment - not being allowed to play in next week's veto.
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #760
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Quote:

opps missed that....

I hope Amanda goes up too. But really do not have a favourite out of this bunch to win.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:35 AM   #761
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

I hope GinaMarie goes up.

Amanda is a way too storng personality so I dont think she will last too much longer.

I like Howard I hope he sticks around
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:36 AM   #762
Nohal
DIS Veteran

If America voted for Elyssa because they thought they were voting for MVP who will be next in line? I think maybe Helen.

1973 Off Site - 1979 Cont - 1990 CBR/Cont - 1991 CBR - 1992 CBR - 1993 POR- 1994 ASSp - 1995 ASSp - 1996 ASMu - 1997 ASMo - 1998 DL/ASSp - 2002 Pop/ASMo - 2003 ASMo- 2004 ASMo - 2005 ASMo -2006 ASMo- 2007 ASSp - 2008 ASMo - 2009 ASMo - 2010 ASMo - 2011 ASMo - 2012 ASMo -2013 ASMo - 2014 ASMo
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:46 AM   #763
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkrop View Post
I like Howard I hope he sticks around
I like Howard too!
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #764
Senator Tressel
DIS Veteran

Do you guys actually watch the show beyond just the hours on CBS? I can't imagine wanting to watch Howard over Amanda. He has no personality or sense of humor, he's never going to do anything interesting. When there's a conversation, he sits there in silence because he has nothing to add. Amanda is very witty and funny.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #765
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
opps missed that....

I hope Amanda goes up too. But really do not have a favourite out of this bunch to win.
Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Aug. 2003 Off Property; Nov. 14-20, 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; Sept. 2012 Free Dining @ Art of Animation
HonnyDipp is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: