Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
charminnie
Mouseketeer

Adult dinner in Epcot?

We are planning our October trip right now. We have been to the world several times but are bringing friends that have never been. Both families are families of four but one night we are leaving kids with sitter. We would like to dine in epcot. Where should we go? Italy? France? Mexico? We all love different types of food. It will be Food and Wine festival so should we just try different items from the carts? Help please
charminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Try Msr. Paul in France or take a boat to blue zoo.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
poly princess
Mouseketeer

I love Chefs de France. Its wonderful.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Monsieur Paul is best food and most adult atmosphere inside Epcot. We enjoyed our dinner here and thought it was almost as good as the old Bistro de Paris of several years ago.

My favorite in the Epcot area is Bluezoo at the Dolphin. It's the only restaurant I go to every vacation.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #5
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poly princess View Post
I love Chefs de France. Its wonderful.
Me too!
Old 01-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #6
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey
Monsieur Paul is best food and most adult atmosphere inside Epcot. We enjoyed our dinner here and thought it was almost as good as the old Bistro de Paris of several years ago.

My favorite in the Epcot area is Bluezoo at the Dolphin. It's the only restaurant I go to every vacation.
These are great suggestions for an adult night out.

Although i love chefs de france, id probably go with Monsieur Paul.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:25 AM   #7
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

An adult night out in Epcot used to be very do-able and very enjoyable (before Disney Dining Plan and free dining). I'm assuming that, by adult night, you mean sans kids (yours and others').

Now, the only sane thing to do for an adult night out is to leave Epcot and go to one of the other restaurants in the area -- Shula's, Blue Zoo, Il Mulino, Flying Fish Cafe. The only other adult option within Epcot would be Marrakesh, which is not as popular or crowded as the other Epcot places.

If you choose to dine in Epcot you will be so surrounded by other people's kids (running, fighting, hitting, pulling hair, rolling on the floor, shouting) that you might as well skip "adult night" and bring yours along as well. This goes for Monsieur Paul's as well. Even though we have not eaten there since it became Monsieur Paul's, we had a horrible experience with the place overrun by kids when it was still Bistro de Paris. It can only have gotten worse since they re-tooled the restaurant to make it more "family friendly". Oy vey!
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #8
OhThePain
DIS Veteran

Since your trip is in October, why not take the night and graze around the F&W kiosks without any kids around? There are tons of items to try. It really is a lot of fun and may be something you might enjoy without the kids around.

1988- Contemporary Resort / 1990- Big Red Boat and Buena Vista Palace / 1993- CBR / 1997- ASMusic / 1998- CBR / 1998- ASSports / 2008/9- POR / 2009- Convention at Gaylord Palms / 2010- POR / 2011- AKL-CL (with 3 "bonus" nights AKL non-CL) / 2013-BWV / 2014- POR / 2014- Disney Fantasy (Western)
OhThePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #9
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

Tutto Italia is nice as well

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on WDW Trash cans & custodial show at Tokyo DL!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:28 AM   #10
bleeps
DIS Veteran

Another vote for enjoying the F&W Festival! Dining and having drinks (if you so desire) from the various kiosks can be really difficult when you have kids with you -- hard to juggle getting everyone something, finding a place to sit, etc. But it's much easier for adults to stroll, and to be happy/comfortable if one or two people are eating while others are sipping a beverage and looking for what they'd like to try. Easier for adults to eat and stroll, graze, try different things, IMHO. And also, there's no pressure to finish your meal and give up your table (if you do want to sit and linger, that's a good reason to branch out to eat at a resort and not in a park).

Enjoy~~~

WDW once a year since 2003!
bleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:34 AM   #11
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

May I suggest, that you have dinner at Flying Fish, great place for a adut meal, the later you have dinner the less children seem to be in the resturants, You could go over to epcot 1st and try a few different adult beverages, before heading out the back gate over to Flying Fish, or any of the boardwalk resturants.
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:46 AM   #12
Kay1
Check out Ricki's hidden Mickey!
The only tricky part is judging when the actual boiling begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhThePain View Post
Since your trip is in October, why not take the night and graze around the F&W kiosks without any kids around? There are tons of items to try. It really is a lot of fun and may be something you might enjoy without the kids around.

I agree. Since you're fortunate enough to visit during F & W, why not take advatage? Also, with so many adults you can do more by splitting up and getting in different lines to order for everyone.

Have fun and enjoy!

Old 01-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #13
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethB
An adult night out in Epcot used to be very do-able and very enjoyable (before Disney Dining Plan and free dining). I'm assuming that, by adult night, you mean sans kids (yours and others').

Now, the only sane thing to do for an adult night out is to leave Epcot and go to one of the other restaurants in the area -- Shula's, Blue Zoo, Il Mulino, Flying Fish Cafe. The only other adult option within Epcot would be Marrakesh, which is not as popular or crowded as the other Epcot places.

If you choose to dine in Epcot you will be so surrounded by other people's kids (running, fighting, hitting, pulling hair, rolling on the floor, shouting) that you might as well skip "adult night" and bring yours along as well. This goes for Monsieur Paul's as well. Even though we have not eaten there since it became Monsieur Paul's, we had a horrible experience with the place overrun by kids when it was still Bistro de Paris. It can only have gotten worse since they re-tooled the restaurant to make it more "family friendly". Oy vey!
We dined there Christmas week and because the kids menu is not accommodating, it was very adult. Much more so than Flying Fish was with our 9:30 dinner there.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #14
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
Monsieur Paul is best food

thought it was almost as good as the old Bistro de Paris of several years ago.

I agree about Bluezoo, Haven't been to Disney to try Monsieur Paul's yet but what is it that left you a bit wanting in comparison to the Bistro?

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #15
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If you are in Epcot on a weekend evening, make yourself a restaurant reservation, don't stick to just the Festival food kiosks. Crowds there are highest on Friday and Saturday evenings. This would be a good option on a weekday, but I can't recommend it on a weekend.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: