Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
aprilbabes
Mouseketeer

Question BOG for Lunch AND Dinner- worth it?

So after days of trying for dinner ADR at BOG I accepted that CS lunch would be good enough- I wouldn't be wasting a TS and since its not a character meal lunch would be just as good. Then... Lo and behold... I got a 5:50 dinner ADR!
I'd still like to go for CS one day while at MK bc we end up needing to eat lunch anyway so I guess my question is- why is it so great to have dinner there? Is lunch good enough? I will keep ADR until last minute regardless (since it's the hottest ticket in town) but not sure it's worth using a TS. Thoughts?
aprilbabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I only did dinner and thought it was okay, not great. Many on here who have done both have said they preferred lunch.

To me the best thing was the castle itself; you can get that experience by using CS credits.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I suppose it depends on how interested you are in trying some of the different items on the menu. Our family NEVER eats twice at the same restaurant on the same visit. We've decided to make an exception this year for BOG.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Why not?

If both menus appeal to you, that's try both.

We have dinner ADR's but may very well check it out for lunch one day as well...especially since our dinner ADR isn't until the 11th day of our trip....I'm not sure I can wait that long!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #5
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Lunch is fantastic! I had a steak sandwich and a French onion soup. They were so good. Here is a video of my lunch CS experience so you know what to expect: http://youtu.be/b_79w_k_o-I
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
mike the canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #6
PJ
Mouseketeer

Our plan was to do lunch, and hope we could still get an ADR to do dinner. Even though there are also items on the dinner menu that sound really good, we enjoyed our lunch so much we decided we didn't need to spend the money to do dinner there also. (We both had the pork and loved it!)
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #7
princessap
DIS Veteran

When are you going? I was considering cancelling our dinner reservation there be I hear lunch is better but with three kids under 5 I don't want to chance having to wait a long time for lunch and for now am keeping it as I know I won't get it later.
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: