Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
wundermommy76
Mouseketeer

Slow service at Yachtsman Steakhouse?

We plan on eating at the Yachtsman on Sunday September 8th. Hopefully getting the 1st ressie at 5:30pm. That is the only night we are going to have a chance to see the Electrical Light Parade & Wishes from within MK. It's PM EMH that night so it will be open til midnight. I really want to make sure we are IN the park already by 8:30. A couple reviews of the YS said great food but slow service. Do you think a 5:30 ressie (which is the earliest you can get since that's when they open) is safe to get us to MK when I would like us to be? There is only myself and hubby going this trip - so no large party.

Also, it should be easy to get a bus from there to NO, right?

2011-FW 2012-POP 2013-POFQ 2014-POP again!
wundermommy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
wundermommy76
Mouseketeer

I meant a bus from YS to Magic Kingdom. My kindle won't let me edit.

2011-FW 2012-POP 2013-POFQ 2014-POP again!
wundermommy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #3
fall08CP
Cheesehead

To be careful, I'd try to be out of Yachtsman by 7:45. Worst case scenario, you could take a cab as late as 8:00 and probably still be okay. Very easy to catch a bus from YC to MK, and it drops you right up front. If you take a cab, I believe they are NOT allowed to the front gate (?) and, if so, I'd have them drop you at Contemporary rather than TTC. Very short walk from there to MK

That said.. sometimes it shares a bus with BW, Swan + Dolphin. Does anyone know the order of the MK bus? That would another 20 minutes easily.

Edit: I wouldn't say that Yachtsman is slow, per se. It is a relaxing meal and many want to take it slow because of the cost. If you ate quickly, I'm sure your wait staff would adjust.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #4
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

We have a reservation in June at 5pm for Yachtsman.

I am not sure about Sept but there may be an earlier time of 5 available.

Maybe if you tell your waiter you want to eat faster they will speed up the process for you.

It worked for us when the kiddos were younger and we wanted to eat and run.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #5
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

2 hours is about how much time we spend at a signature restaurant, unless we feel like lingering. So a 5:30 ADR should see you leaving by 7:30. Plenty of time to get to the MK.

I would, however, tell your server of your plans. This way he doesn't have to mind read. He will know that you are on a deadline and won't be inclined to relax between courses.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #6
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

Just agreeing with the others. Signatures tend to be paced a bit slower, even eating by myself at Narcoossee's it was darn near a two hour meal with appetizer entree and dessert. But with the ADR that early and letting your server know you have a bit of a time frame I think you'll be perfectly fine.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #7
theatermouse
Mouseketeer

Good luck being taken at 5:30. Our only experience there, we had a 5:30 ADR & weren't taken in until nearly 6pm. We were the first ones there to check in, too. Get the Creme Brulee! Fantastic!!

March 2009 - All Star Sports December 2009 - All Star Music
April 2010 - Mommy/Son Trip January 2012 - Mommy/Son Birthday Trip
May 2012 - SOLO!! (Micky Dolenz - Flower Power Concert)
April 2013 - Mommy/Son Trip May 2014 - Kid's Race & Daddy Finally Goes Back to Disney World
theatermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:53 PM   #8
Luv2CtheMouse
DIS Veteran

I have dined here before and the service was very slow! Our reservation was at 5:15 and we left there at 7:00.
Luv2CtheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:07 PM   #9
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

I agree with the others - the pacing at Yachtsman seems to be more that they're allowing you to savor your meal, not so much that they're "slow". That said, just mention you'd like to leave by [x] time and I'm sure they can speed it up to accomodate you!

We had a 5:30 ADR for Yachtsman and attempted to get in early - we were seated and had our drinks by 5:15. I'm not sure what was going on with the other poster as we didn't wait more than a minute or two once we checked in?

Enjoy Yachtsman! Their food, atmosphere, and service is great!

(If you're interested, I just finished my DR of Yachtsman in my trip report. You can find the link in my signature, and there's a table of contents in the first post.)

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
SimplyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #10
vicb
DIS Veteran

Just a thought but do you have to eat there that exact day of your trip? I guess I was thinking if it were me and I wanted to be in MK area I would eat at a restaurant over there. Perhaps Kona and hop the monorail over to MK. Would seem a bit less stressful for me. But good luck.
vicb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: