Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 12:43 AM   #1
New To Mom
Earning My Ears

Question about making ADRS

My trip plans are changing are we are more than likely staying with a friend is lives about 40 minutes away from The World. That means we wouldn't do the dining plan like I thought we were.

So, since we wouldn't do the plan, can I still made ADRs online? Still the 180 days out? Also, since we are not staying on property, would we still be able to make breakfast adrs before the park opens?

This is our first trip so I'm thinking about staying a couple of days on site and then staying the rest with my friend. If this is the only way I can do ADRs, then I'll really consider it.

TIA!
New To Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:47 AM   #2
CalSea12
Desperately needs a dose of the magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by New To Mom View Post
My trip plans are changing are we are more than likely staying with a friend is lives about 40 minutes away from The World. That means we wouldn't do the dining plan like I thought we were.

So, since we wouldn't do the plan, can I still made ADRs online? Still the 180 days out? Also, since we are not staying on property, would we still be able to make breakfast adrs before the park opens?

This is our first trip so I'm thinking about staying a couple of days on site and then staying the rest with my friend. If this is the only way I can do ADRs, then I'll really consider it.

TIA!
Yes anyone can make ADRs online, and many locals do as well. You can still do the 180 days out. I am not 100 percent sure but I really do think you can do the ADRs before park opening as long as you have a ticket. I do not see why this would not be allowed.

I would suggest staying on site if you can, it is really much more convenient and so much more fun!

Several Trips as a child to DL and DW, 2008-All Star Movies ,2010-Honeymoon Caribbean Beach, November 2013 ASMu
CalSea12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 02:16 AM   #3
New To Mom
Earning My Ears

Thanks! We were going to stay on site but we are on a tight budget. At this point, I can only justify the trip if we stay with friends. That being said, I am looking into staying a night or two for fun.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
karly05
DIS Veteran

You can certainly make ADRs without a dining plan (online or by phone). You can make them 180 days out without staying on site. (The perk of staying on site is "180+10" - you call/go online at 180 days before your check in and can make ADRs for up to 10 days following your check-in date.)

I have to believe you can make pre-park-open ADRs regardless of where you stay, but someone else will know for sure.
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
karly05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #5
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You can make pre-park opening ADRs as long as you will have valid admission to the park when you get there. Where you stay is not relevant.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #6
New To Mom
Earning My Ears

Awesome. I want to book an early ADR at crystal palace so I can get pics before the park opens.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: